A question for Sessions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

A question for Sessions

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Would you investigate and, if necessary, prosecute information that campaign operatives of the President of the United States facilitated payments to foreign operatives in exchange for hacking political opponents? Would you appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the extent of the President's involvement? To investigate whether the President has received assurances from Russia that Putin won't use blackmail information against him because Trump has already been so cooperative over the last seven years?

Will you investigate and prosecute credible information that the President of the United States enters office having already been compromised by Russia? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: A question for Sessions

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Would you investigate and, if necessary, prosecute information that campaign operatives of the President of the United States facilitated payments to foreign operatives in exchange for hacking political opponents? Would you appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the extent of the President's involvement? To investigate whether the President has received assurances from Russia that Putin won't use blackmail information against him because Trump has already been so cooperative over the last seven years?

Will you investigate and prosecute credible information that the President of the United States enters office having already been compromised by Russia? --Bob
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Actually, now that I've poked around a little on the Internet, it's simpler than that. Attorney General Lynch can appoint someone. If she does, only the Attorney General could fire the Special Counsel, and under federal regulations, the grounds for doing so are quite narrow. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Actually, now that I've poked around a little on the Internet, it's simpler than that. Attorney General Lynch can appoint someone. If she does, only the Attorney General could fire the Special Counsel, and under federal regulations, the grounds for doing so are quite narrow. --Bob
AG Lynch is a tool. She IS part of the problem, meeting privately with the spouse of the target of an ongoing investigation.

Trump won. Get over it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:22 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Actually, now that I've poked around a little on the Internet, it's simpler than that. Attorney General Lynch can appoint someone. If she does, only the Attorney General could fire the Special Counsel, and under federal regulations, the grounds for doing so are quite narrow. --Bob
AG Lynch is a tool. She IS part of the problem, meeting privately with the spouse of the target of an ongoing investigation.

Trump won. Get over it.
There is credible evidence that American citizens conspired with a foreign government to violate federal law, including not limited to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, in order to affect the presidential election. And since those citizens were part of Trump's campaign team, and since there is likewise credible evidence that Trump has been compromised by that same foreign government, it's quite clear that a special prosecutor is warranted. Fortunately, Attorney General Lynch retains the authority to appoint a special prosecutor for the next nine days. I'll do whatever I can to get her to use it.

Trump shouldn't have a problem with this action. After all, if he really is as innocent as he claims to be, then there will be nothing for a special prosecutor to find. 8) --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 am

Bob78164 wrote:There is credible evidence that American citizens conspired with a foreign government to violate federal law, including not limited to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, in order to affect the presidential election.
What credible evidence? The unlabeled, uncredited document you linked to? That looks like something your kid cooked up to jerk your chain. You didn't feel there was enough evidence to indict Hillary, yet now you want to indict Trump based on this? Gimme a break!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 am

This isn't a classified government document. Here's an example of what a real classified document looks like:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... acted.html

Some of this material is dated July. If it was real, Democrats would have made it public during the election. Revealing it now just distracts the press from important questions, like the Russian interference with the Clinton campaign (which Trump reluctantly concedes after his latest intelligence briefing) and Trump's plans to separate the White House from his business empire. I hope to hear those questions asked at today's news conference.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am

Bob78164 wrote:I'll do whatever I can to get her to use it.
--Bob
Post here, post on FB, and what else?

Trump won. Get over it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Fireball

#9 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 am

To quote Jerry Falwell, "I think every good Christian ought to be concerned."

And to paraphrase Barry Goldwater, "I think every good Christian ought to kick Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III right in the ass."
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 am

jarnon wrote:This isn't a classified government document. Here's an example of what a real classified document looks like:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... acted.html

Some of this material is dated July. If it was real, Democrats would have made it public during the election. Revealing it now just distracts the press from important questions, like the Russian interference with the Clinton campaign (which Trump reluctantly concedes after his latest intelligence briefing) and Trump's plans to separate the White House from his business empire. I hope to hear those questions asked at today's news conference.
They may be asked, but they won't be answered and then the media will drop it because tonight Trump will blast someone else in a tweet and divert all the attention.

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 am

Q: Have you ever socialized with, been a repeated guest of, or accepted advice from a known and unrepentant domestic or foreign terrorist?

Sessions: No
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 am

Hmmm.......what's changed in a year?

~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:51 pm

I just heard Corey Booker (I work out at lunch and the TV was showing the hearings), and he just (de facto) declared his candidacy (and rather forcefully in my opinion) for the 2020 election. I expect he'll be a very visible presence the next couple of years. He's the type of new blood the Democrats need right now.

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I just heard Corey Booker .... He's the type of new blood the Democrats need right now.
Wishy-washy?

< hand-waving head wobbling gesture> I couldn't be more honored to partner with Senator Sessions on this important award.</hand-waving had wobbling gesture>
< hand-waving head wobbling gesture> Senator Sessions is a racist!</hand-waving had wobbling gesture>
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I just heard Corey Booker .... He's the type of new blood the Democrats need right now.
Wishy-washy?

< hand-waving head wobbling gesture> I couldn't be more honored to partner with Senator Sessions on this important award.</hand-waving had wobbling gesture>
< hand-waving head wobbling gesture> Senator Sessions is a racist!</hand-waving had wobbling gesture>
Not the way he described it. And, I think he gave a good enough answer to pass muster with those in the middle.

Plus co-sponsoring the award of a handful of medals to people who got their heads kicked in 50 years ago isn't exactly major legislation the two of them worked on together.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#16 Post by Estonut » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 am

Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 am

Well, it's not a special prosecutor but it's better than nothing. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am

Bob78164 wrote:Well, it's not a special prosecutor but it's better than nothing. --Bob
Yes, let's investigate all the #FAKE NEWS. Let's see if any of these allegations have any legs. But if they don't, we need to find out who leaked them and make them pay a big price.

In other news, they have decided to investigate Comey, but not Lynch to find out what happened when she met with Bill Clinton. They can knock themselves out for all I care. It's all a dog and pony show anyway. Nothing ever happens. At least when democrats get investigated.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:36 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Nothing ever happens. At least when democrats get investigated.
Perhaps the reason for that is that there was never anything worth investigating. Look at all the time and money the Republicans spent of investigating Benghazi, only to find that Hillary did nothing wrong. Just the same as the the e-mail probe turned up no criminal wrongdoing.

Since the Republicans don't have either Hillary or Obama to hurl fake outrage at, their new target will be the news media for the shocking crime of actually reporting on the new.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#20 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:... only to find that Hillary did nothing wrong. Just the same as the the e-mail probe turned up no criminal wrongdoing.
If these 2 statements were true, Hillary would be the President-Elect right now.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:07 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:... only to find that Hillary did nothing wrong. Just the same as the the e-mail probe turned up no criminal wrongdoing.
If these 2 statements were true, Hillary would be the President-Elect right now.
Maybe in your alternate universe.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:18 am

Looks like great minds think alike. --Bob

jarnon

#23 Post by jarnon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 pm

FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

Any action by the Obama or Trump administration would be seen as political and would be self-defeating.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:02 pm

jarnon wrote:FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

Any action by the Obama or Trump administration would be seen as political and would be self-defeating.
I agree that anything done by Trump would be seen as political, but I don't think that would stop him or that it would necessarily hurt him significantly. Nor do I think that the appointment of a special prosecutor would be self-defeating. After all, the Benghazi Committee was transparently political in intent, yet it was still able to do significant damage.

I am encouraged that Congress apparently intends to make its probe a serious one. But I'd feel better if an independent prosecutor, who won't have an incentive to go easy for political reasons, were investigating. --Bob

Bob Juch

#25 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:06 pm

jarnon wrote:FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

This is the same FBI that is accused of helping Trump be elected.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.