Words have consequences (political)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Words have consequences (political)

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 pm

I was wondering when this would happen.

One of the women that Donald groped is suing him for defamation because he called her a liar. This will put before a jury the issue of whether Donald did or did not grope her. I expect the discovery process also will get into whether he did or did not grope the other women who have publicly accused him of having done so. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

Re: Words have consequences (political)

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I was wondering when this would happen.

One of the women that Donald groped is suing him for defamation because he called her a liar. This will put before a jury the issue of whether Donald did or did not grope her. I expect the discovery process also will get into whether he did or did not grope the other women who have publicly accused him of having done so. --Bob
....yawn....
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Summer Zervos will get her day in court. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Perhaps we'll get some actual evidence for a trump accusation, instead of more allegations. By the latest count: Allegations-309,192 Evidence- 0.
But I don't know how you go about proving this. Does groping leave evidence on a blue dress?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Perhaps we'll get some actual evidence for a trump accusation, instead of more allegations. By the latest count: Allegations-309,192 Evidence- 0.
But I don't know how you go about proving this. Does groping leave evidence on a blue dress?
Stormy has photos, dick photos.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Perhaps we'll get some actual evidence for a trump accusation, instead of more allegations. By the latest count: Allegations-309,192 Evidence- 0.
One reason we haven't gotten any "evidence" from some of these women is the existence of non-disclosure agreements.

Robert Mueller is going to be making the first few cracks in the dam pretty soon, and then you'll see a flood of evidence about Trump and his pals.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#8 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:14 pm

My favorite part of all this is that Trump is living rent-free in your heads.

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Spock wrote:My favorite part of all this is that Trump is living rent-free in your heads.
One might say that "Immigration is living in my head." Point taken

I am going to go with an Eleanor Roosevelt quote:

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas

Average Minds Discuss Events

Small Minds Discuss People"

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
One reason we haven't gotten any "evidence" from some of these women is the existence of non-disclosure agreements.

Robert Mueller is going to be making the first few cracks in the dam pretty soon, and then you'll see a flood of evidence about Trump and his pals.
I'm not talking about the sex allegations. At one time, the press would have ignored it. That was before the MSM became tabloid media. And anyway, unlike JFK and Clinton, all these allegations are all before he even declared for President. Unless he killed somebody (like JFK's brother did) it doesn't matter to me even if it's true. I thought your side was perfectly OK about lying about your sex life. Personally, I'm not shocked by this kind of behavior by celebrities anymore. I'm talking about the thousands of accusations of wrong-doing hurled at him. One piece of hard evidence please.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

I'm not talking about the sex allegations. At one time, the press would have ignored it. That was before the MSM became tabloid media. And anyway, unlike JFK and Clinton, all these allegations are all before he even declared for President. Unless he killed somebody (like JFK's brother did) it doesn't matter to me even if it's true. I thought your side was perfectly OK about lying about your sex life. Personally, I'm not shocked by this kind of behavior by celebrities anymore. I'm talking about the thousands of accusations of wrong-doing hurled at him. One piece of hard evidence please.
One of the teams at trivia last night: "Maybe Stormy Went Down, but at Least She Didn't Drown"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

jarnon

#12 Post by jarnon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 am

silverscreenselect wrote:One reason we haven't gotten any "evidence" from some of these women is the existence of non-disclosure agreements.
White House Job Requirement: Signing a Nondisclosure Agreement
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 pm

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:One reason we haven't gotten any "evidence" from some of these women is the existence of non-disclosure agreements.
NDAs don't keep you from giving evidence in a criminal case.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:
NDAs don't keep you from giving evidence in a criminal case.
Or a civil case. You just need to wait to be subpoenaed for deposition. --Bob