Terrorist attack last night in Sweden FAKE NEWS!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Terrorist attack last night in Sweden FAKE NEWS!

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:07 pm

At his Melbourne rally today, President Trump cited an apparent terrorist incident committed by a refugee “last night in Sweden” as justification for the need of his Muslim Immigration Ban.

There was no incident last night in Sweden.

“When you look at what’s happening in Germany, ” Trump said. “When you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden — Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden! They took in large numbers, they’re having problems like they never like they never thought possible.”
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Terrorist attack last night in Sweden FAKE NEWS!

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Bob Juch wrote: There was no incident last night in Sweden.
Don't say this where Flock might hear you. Facts confuse him.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 am

The White House said Trump based his remark on a report on Fox News, which he apparently thinks is more credible than other networks. I listened to the report. It was an interview with a filmmaker who produced a documentary about refugees in Sweden. He said they get generous benefits, but few can find work, so many of them turn to crime. At the very end of the interview, he said Sweden had its first Islamic terror attack not long ago. NBC News (whom I believe) says Sweden hasn't had a Muslim terrorist act in six years.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 am

If anybody thinks the Sweden thing is totally safe-and that Islamic problems there are "Fake News".

Spend time in Malmo wearing Jewish garb-Good luck with that.

You are attacking Trump on the literal specifics when he did not mean it literally-There wasn't an attack last night-OMG-What a loser-LOL. You guys can't see the forest for trees.

He is opening (clumsily as he did with many issues) the bigger issue of problems with migrants in Sweden.

Rape/Crime etc.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The ongoing riots in France illustrate, in a big picture way, the developing problems with the large Islamic population there. These riots are only helping Marine Le Pen.

Why hasn't our resident newshound kept us up to date on those riots?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Spock wrote:You are attacking Trump on the literal specifics when he did not mean it literally-There wasn't an attack last night-OMG-What a loser-LOL. You guys can't see the forest for trees.
BS. He meant it literally. It was just fact-free. Again.

And speaking of missing the forest for the trees, it really should trouble you that Donny is willing to make all kinds of public statements whose resemblance to the truth is strictly coincidental. Particularly since he has a nuclear arsenal at his disposal and we've already gone to war under a Republican administration based on a falsehood. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:You are attacking Trump on the literal specifics when he did not mean it literally-There wasn't an attack last night-OMG-What a loser-LOL. You guys can't see the forest for trees.

And speaking of missing the forest for the trees, it really should trouble you that Donny is willing to make all kinds of public statements whose resemblance to the truth is strictly coincidental. Particularly since he has a nuclear arsenal at his disposal and we've already gone to war under a Republican administration based on a falsehood. --Bob
Actually, he was referring to the Fox news report on Carlson's show, which I saw before Trump's rally, so I know what he was referring to, and his comments made perfect sense. What troubles me is people like you, and the media who don't do their homework.

He never said there was a terrorist attack in Sweden. I agree with BJ's headline. But the #FAKE NEWS is that the MSM is leading the useful idiots into believing he did.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: There was no incident last night in Sweden.
Don't say this where Flock might hear you. Facts confuse him.
Tell me the facts that you and BJ think you know.

[I am watching CNN right now, and they still are reporting he was referring to a terror attack in Sweden. They are more interested in trashing Trump then they are in facts.]
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:43 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Tell me the facts that you and BJ think you know.

[I am watching CNN right now, and they still are reporting he was referring to a terror attack in Sweden. They are more interested in trashing Trump then they are in facts.]
I can't speak for Bob, but here's what I know, straight from the horse's mouth:
You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?
Now, admittedly, Trump didn't say that there was a terror incident in Sweden the night before, but that's the clear implication from his words. especially when he mentions them right before describing some other real terror attacks. Most assuredly, it's not "I saw a feature on Fox News last night that mentioned a terror incident almost seven years ago in Sweden in which a would-be suicide bomber managed to blow himself up."

Here's some more facts. That little incident managed to get a whole lot of people upset in Sweden, so now that's one more country that looks on Trump as at best a buffoon and at worst a dangerous demagogue. We're quickly running out of countries that we can turn against us.

Further, the idea that the President of the United States can't tell the difference between a current news story and a feature on an incident seven years ago is pretty scary. It's a good thing he wasn't President in 1938; we'd be preparing to attack Mars right now.

And Trump, based on that one rather dubious feature in Fox whose source was a documentary of questionable validity, has now launched in yet another diatribe against "fake news" (e.g., news that reports actual publicly available statistics from reputable sources) that's trying to cover up the Swedish crime wave.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/worl ... dence.html

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Actually, he was referring to the Fox news report on Carlson's show, which I saw before Trump's rally, so I know what he was referring to, and his comments made perfect sense. What troubles me is people like you, and the media who don't do their homework.

He never said there was a terrorist attack in Sweden.
Did you read my post?
jarnon wrote:he White House said Trump based his remark on a report on Fox News, which he apparently thinks is more credible than other networks. I listened to the report. It was an interview with a filmmaker who produced a documentary about refugees in Sweden. He said they get generous benefits, but few can find work, so many of them turn to crime. At the very end of the interview, he said Sweden had its first Islamic terror attack not long ago. NBC News (whom I believe) says Sweden hasn't had a Muslim terrorist act in six years.
You and the Bored leftists are so busy bashing each other that you ignore the rest of us. So listen to the Fox News report:

At around 5:10, Ami says (mistakenly) "Sweden had its first terrorist Islamic attack not that long ago." Either Trump heard that and repeated it, or he didn't.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Spock

#10 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Trump tweeted this in response to the "Last Night-Sweden" controversy.

>>>"Give the public a break - The FAKE NEWS media is trying to say that large scale immigration in Sweden is working out just beautifully. NOT!"<<<

Obviously, Trump is not a member of the Harvard Debate Club. However, I submit that any rational adult knows that his Sweden riff was big picture and not just about "Last Night."

At some point, you people are going to have to get over yourselves. Haven't you figured out, in the last 20 months, that your little pedantic, semantic "Last Night" games are probably not going to take him down and, more importantly, are not going to cause him to curl up into the fetal position as they would with any other Republican.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Spock wrote: However, I submit that any rational adult knows that his Sweden riff was big picture and not just about "Last Night."
A lot of people in Sweden didn't make that distinction, not having your knowledge of Trump's inner workings.

I fully expect Trump to continue doing what he's been doing. And I expect his support to keep dwindling, a bit at a time, until he does something so monumentally stupid that it's impossible for any of his water carriers to hide it or talk their way out of it.

Spock

#12 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Spock wrote: However, I submit that any rational adult knows that his Sweden riff was big picture and not just about "Last Night."
A lot of people in Sweden didn't make that distinction, not having your knowledge of Trump's inner workings.
Any of those Swedes have any comments about how it is going for Jews in Malmo?

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Spock wrote: Any of those Swedes have any comments about how it is going for Jews in Malmo?
I guess that's one accomplishment for Trump, finding common ground among his supporters and a handful of the Muslim refugees he condemns. They often have a virulent anti-Semitism in common. And those who actually know a bit more about anti-Semitism than what they get from Fox News had this reaction to Trump's recent comments:

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.772646

Spock

#14 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 pm

SSS>>>I fully expect Trump to continue doing what he's been doing. And I expect his support to keep dwindling, a bit at a time, until he does something so monumentally stupid that it's impossible for any of his water carriers to hide it or talk their way out of it.<<<<

I need more info before I can assess the possible accuracy of the above prediction. Please provide a record of your predictions-both accurate and inaccurate- regarding Trump from the announcement of his campaign through the election.

Spock

#15 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Spock wrote: Any of those Swedes have any comments about how it is going for Jews in Malmo?
I guess that's one accomplishment for Trump, finding common ground among his supporters and a handful of the Muslim refugees he condemns. They often have a virulent anti-Semitism in common. And those who actually know a bit more about anti-Semitism than what they get from Fox News had this reaction to Trump's recent comments:

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.772646
Since we can't talk about "Last Night" anymore and we certainly don't want to talk about Jews and Malmo and Islamic immigrants and Sweden. I know, let's change the subject to "Trump and Neo-Nazis."
................................................................................................................................................................
Interesting that the Simon Wiesenthal Center has had a travel advisory since 2010 for Malmo-with new bad stuff coming out in 2015.

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/nln ... t=14546401

From the Wiesenthal bulletin:
>>"We fear that such actions (Anti-semitic actions by Islamists in Malmo) will only escalate unless and until decent Swedes of all political persuasions rise up and declare, enough is enough!"<<<<

I wonder how that's going for them.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Actually, he was referring to the Fox news report on Carlson's show, which I saw before Trump's rally, so I know what he was referring to, and his comments made perfect sense. What troubles me is people like you, and the media who don't do their homework.

He never said there was a terrorist attack in Sweden. I agree with BJ's headline. But the #FAKE NEWS is that the MSM is leading the useful idiots into believing he did.
I think Donny was referring to the television report he'd seen. But it's pretty clear from his words that he thought an incident had occurred the night before.

Donny has the attention span (and impulse control) of a three-year-old. And that should scare the hell out of you. Get on the phone with your representative and insist on an investigation of the Russian connection. You'll end up with President Pence. I'll hate his policies, but at least he's both sane and (comparatively) responsible. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Spock wrote:
I'm a lot more concerned about the wave of threats right here in the United States, including threats today directed at 11 different Jewish centers. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 pm

But it's pretty clear from his words that he thought an incident had occurred the night before.
No, it isn't.

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Donny has the attention span (and impulse control) of a three-year-old. And that should scare the hell out of you.
President Trump is not the great communicator that Reagan was. And I think he's a jerk. But people like you scare me a lot more than he does. I think he's a lot more open-minded and reasonable than you are. And that says a lot about you.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:
I'm a lot more concerned about the wave of threats right here in the United States, including threats today directed at 11 different Jewish centers. --Bob
So am I. So tell me what Trump has to do with it...

jarnon

#21 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:57 pm

So nobody even looked at my posts, or the video that I put right in front of you!

Here are two versions of the Sweden story:
Trump heard the Fox News report that mentioned a recent terror attack in Sweden. (The guy being interviewed said it, not a reporter, so Fox News couldn't fact-check it.) At the rally, Trump just repeated what he heard on a network that he trusts.
Trump missed the end of the Fox News report and didn't hear the part about the terror attack. By coincidence, he said something at the rally that sounded like there was terrorism in Sweden.
The second scenario is more far-fetched, but even if that's what happened, the first scenario is only slightly different. The press isn't smearing Trump by reporting it.

Or you can keep ignoring me and hurling insults at one another like schoolkids.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Actually, he was referring to the Fox news report on Carlson's show, which I saw before Trump's rally, so I know what he was referring to, and his comments made perfect sense. What troubles me is people like you, and the media who don't do their homework.

He never said there was a terrorist attack in Sweden.
Did you read my post?
jarnon wrote:he White House said Trump based his remark on a report on Fox News, which he apparently thinks is more credible than other networks. I listened to the report. It was an interview with a filmmaker who produced a documentary about refugees in Sweden. He said they get generous benefits, but few can find work, so many of them turn to crime. At the very end of the interview, he said Sweden had its first Islamic terror attack not long ago. NBC News (whom I believe) says Sweden hasn't had a Muslim terrorist act in six years.
You and the Bored leftists are so busy bashing each other that you ignore the rest of us. So listen to the Fox News report:

At around 5:10, Ami says (mistakenly) "Sweden had its first terrorist Islamic attack not that long ago." Either Trump heard that and repeated it, or he didn't.
Never in his statements at the 'rally' did Trump say there was a terrorist attack in Sweden. He said “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

Where does that indicate he was talking about ANY specific event except the news report on Tucker Carlson the night before? And where did that interpretation come from? The MSM of course. Me, watching the rally, and having watched Carlson the night before, knew exactly what he was talking about. The MSM, which ignores Fox, IMMEDIATELY jumped to a conclusion, without doing a bit of research, and this is what we get. Part of the blame goes to Trump. He communicates at a sixth-grade level, but that doesn't excuse the MSM, who beat their chests claiming they are the one source of truth, when they were trampling over each other to report another 'alternate fact' coming from Trump, when in fact they were inventing one themselves. SSS will say it's ok, because they may eventually correct it. But of course, the damage is already done. People like BJ and Bob will believe it till the day they die.

jarnon

#23 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 pm

jarnon wrote:At around 5:10, Ami says (mistakenly) "Sweden had its first terrorist Islamic attack not that long ago." Either Trump heard that and repeated it, or he didn't.
Never in his statements at the 'rally' did Trump say there was a terrorist attack in Sweden.
Donald J. Trump wrote:Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe.
When he mentions Brussels, Nice and Paris a few seconds after Sweden, it sounds like he's listing places where there are Muslim terrorists. So he either repeated what he heard on Fox News, or by coincidence he said something very similar. He didn't make anything up himself, and neither did the MSM.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Spock wrote: s and Malmo and Islamic immigrants and Sweden. I know, let's change the subject to "Trump and Neo-Nazis."
................................................................................................................................................................
Interesting that the Simon Wiesenthal Center has had a travel advisory since 2010 for Malmo-with new bad stuff coming out in 2015.

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/nln ... t=14546401

From the Wiesenthal bulletin:
>>"We fear that such actions (Anti-semitic actions by Islamists in Malmo) will only escalate unless and until decent Swedes of all political persuasions rise up and declare, enough is enough!"<<<<

I wonder how that's going for them.
It's touching that your concern about anti-Semitism begins and ends when it's being perpetrated by Muslims, preferably Muslim refugees in some Western country, and not when it's any of Trump's native-born, right-wing Yahoos.

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Never in his statements at the 'rally' did Trump say there was a terrorist attack in Sweden. He said “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

Where does that indicate he was talking about ANY specific event except the news report on Tucker Carlson the night before?
Well, other than the fact that he didn't mention the report frp, Tucker Carlson's show and he did mention a number of actual terrorist attacks.

And it should concern everyone that a President who can't be bothered to study the actual intelligence briefings that his experts prepare for him instead makes a pronouncement about terrorism based on an unverified report by a documentary film maker of dubious credibility apparently referring to a single incident over six years earlier in Sweden.