Aeromexico's Ad in Response to Donald Trump

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Aeromexico's Ad in Response to Donald Trump

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:43 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

triviawayne

Re: Aeromexico's Ad in Response to Donald Trump

#2 Post by triviawayne » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am

they have a blank ad?

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:56 am

That's funny, right there.

Mexico has one of he strictest and most heavy-handedly enforced boarders in North America, and quite possibly the entire Americas. Not to mention most of the country is a hell-hole filled with corruption and violence and the government doesn't provide for the welfare for its poorest citizens.

And they want to lecture us?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 am

BackInTex wrote:And they want to lecture us?
I'd venture they've got a better President.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 am

triviawayne wrote:they have a blank ad?
Blank? Not for me.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:16 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:And they want to lecture us?
I'd venture they've got a better President.
What, someone who allows the drug cartels to run the country for him? Your standards are unsurprising.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

triviawayne

#7 Post by triviawayne » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
triviawayne wrote:they have a blank ad?
Blank? Not for me.
is here. must be a work thing. i'll have to check the phone later to see it.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:What, someone who allows the drug cartels to run the country for him? Your standards are unsurprising.
Drug cartels; Goldman Sachs and Big Pharma ... Six of one...

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:24 pm

BackInTex wrote:What, someone who allows the drug cartels to run the country for him? Your standards are unsurprising.
Given Goldman Sachs paid HRC $675K to speak three times and that her s-i-l worked there, I'm assuming you approve of that relationship with Goldman Sachs as you are an HRC superfan, so as "Six of one..." is your quote, I will also assume you think the same, you approve, of the relationship with the drug cartels.

Damn I glad she didn't win.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:44 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Given Goldman Sachs paid HRC $675K to speak three times and that her s-i-l worked there, I'm assuming you approve of that relationship with Goldman Sachs as you are an HRC superfan, so as "Six of one..." is your quote, I will also assume you think the same, you approve, of the relationship with the drug cartels.

Yeah, otherwise we'd have all sort of Goldman Sachs people in the administration.

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Yeah, otherwise we'd have all sort of Goldman Sachs people in the administration.
Yeah, that would be terrible to have people experienced in how things in the real world work running things.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Yeah, that would be terrible to have people experienced in how things in the real world work running things.
The next time a member of your family needs surgery, hire the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. He's experienced in how the real world works.

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
The next time a member of your family needs surgery, hire the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. He's experienced in how the real world works.
So what you are saying is that political appointments should only be given to folks who've only worked in political positions? Only to folks who haven't a clue how the 98% live, work, earn a living? Got it.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:Yeah, that would be terrible to have people experienced in how things in the real world work running things.
Nobody with any experience in how things in the real world work would have threatened to invade Mexico, particularly in a call with the President of Mexico. Or separate a badly burned boy from both of his parents. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Yeah, that would be terrible to have people experienced in how things in the real world work running things.
Nobody with any experience in how things in the real world work would have threatened to invade Mexico, particularly in a call with the President of Mexico. Or separate a badly burned boy from both of his parents. --Bob
Yeah, they kind of would. Not everyone wins Bob. Sorry, this is the real world. When tough decisions are made, there will always be the single one exception trolls like yourself can find to say "Well look at this!". No war is without its innocent casualties. I'm thankful spineless ninnies like yourself don't run things because it would be a short run until someone else (i.e. foreign power) takes over. The real world isn't all roses and skittles.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:21 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Yeah, they kind of would. Not everyone wins Bob. Sorry, this is the real world. When tough decisions are made, there will always be the single one exception trolls like yourself can find to say "Well look at this!". No war is without its innocent casualties. I'm thankful spineless ninnies like yourself don't run things because it would be a short run until someone else (i.e. foreign power) takes over. The real world isn't all roses and skittles.
We're not at war with this kid's parents. In fact, not one person from any of the countries Donny has illegally banned has launched an attack against the United States. Which isn't true about the four countries Donny exempted from his ban because he doesn't want to interfere with his own business operations. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
So what you are saying is that political appointments should only be given to folks who've only worked in political positions? Only to folks who haven't a clue how the 98% live, work, earn a living? Got it.
No, but it would be nice to have a Secretary of Education who's actually worked in education, a Secretary of Housing who's worked in housing, a Secretary of Commerce who knows about commerce instead of bankruptcies, a Secretary of Labor who knows more than fast-food, a Secretary of the Treasury who knows more than foreclosures, a Secretary of Agriculture who knew about agriculture, etc.

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:We're not at war with this kid's parents. In fact, not one person from any of the countries Donny has illegally banned has launched an attack against the United States. Which isn't true about the four countries Donny exempted from his ban because he doesn't want to interfere with his own business operations. --Bob
President Trump did not pick the countries. Barry did.

Now I've used it twice.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
No, but it would be nice to have a Secretary of Education who's actually worked in education, a Secretary of Housing who's worked in housing, a Secretary of Commerce who knows about commerce instead of bankruptcies, a Secretary of Labor who knows more than fast-food, a Secretary of the Treasury who knows more than foreclosures, a Secretary of Agriculture who knew about agriculture, etc.
What labor experience did Robert Reich have? He never employed anyone.
Neither did Thomas Perez, a lawyer. Or Hilda Solis, never had to make a payroll.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:43 am

And military officials are saying that Donny screwed up his first military decision. The men and women who put their lives on the line for us deserve better.
Reuters wrote:U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.
Concerns about the adequacy of intelligence are why President Obama didn't green light the operation. Perhaps now that the current Commander in Chief has personally discharged the responsibility of conveying condolences to the family of a service member, he'll be more careful in the future. But the White House's continued bellicose language leaves me very skeptical. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#21 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Care to update?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.independ ... tmobile-us
Well, then

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:27 am

Bob78164 wrote:Concerns about the adequacy of intelligence are why President Obama didn't green light the operation.
Where the hell did you pull that out of? The article you linked to says nothing of the sort. Nothing. You made it up. I'll let Flock tag it.

The truth is, you have no idea why the raid was not authorized by Obama. It could have been because he had several close friends there.
A White House official said the operation was thoroughly vetted by the previous administration and that the previous defense secretary had signed off on it in January. The raid was delayed for operational reasons, the White House official said.
Says nothing about the adequacy of the intelligence. It says operational reasons. That could be anything from not having the necessary personnel, equipment, or support teams in place, or the weather.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:40 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Care to update?

Oh, Sweetie, don't burst their little bubbles. They'll just froth out more. And you might get some on you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:45 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Nobody with any experience in how things in the real world work would have threatened to invade Mexico, particularly in a call with the President of Mexico. Or separate a badly burned boy from both of his parents. --Bob

Care to update?

Oh, Sweetie, don't burst their little bubbles. They'll just froth out more. And you might get some on you.
Bless my heart.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#25 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Concerns about the adequacy of intelligence are why President Obama didn't green light the operation.
Where the hell did you pull that out of? The article you linked to says nothing of the sort. Nothing. You made it up. I'll let Flock tag it.

The truth is, you have no idea why the raid was not authorized by Obama. It could have been because he had several close friends there.
Well, there's this quote from the article I linked: "The decision was made ... to leave it to the incoming administration, partly in the hope that more and better intelligence could be collected,” that official said.

Or, we could use this article:
Reuters wrote:U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.
This isn't me making anything up. This is U.S. military officials, who pretty much had to be in the room when the decision was made.

I hate to burst your bubble (not really). But as citizens, we owe it to our military to be sure our government uses them both appropriately and competently. Donny's first decision suggests that he fell down on this aspect of the job. Let's see whether he learns from his mistakes. --Bob