Come on Donny

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Come on Donny

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:03 pm

let's get this clown show on the road.. better shows are being delayed!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

flockofseagulls104

Re: Come on Donny

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 pm

OMG, First 2 things were Black History month and condemning the Anti-Semitic attacks. What's the left going to complain about now?

Oh, they'll find something.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:02 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:OMG, First 2 things were Black History month and condemning the Anti-Semitic attacks. What's the left going to complain about now?

He had to be shamed into doing both shoutouts, so no passing grade there.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Saucy, did his speech pre-empt shows on Canadian TV stations, too, or were you watching signals that crossed the border?

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 pm

He did a shout out on Canada. Praising their immigration system. I'm not sure we should be that exclusive, but it is a move in the right direction.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:OMG, First 2 things were Black History month and condemning the Anti-Semitic attacks. What's the left going to complain about now?

He had to be shamed into doing both shoutouts, so no passing grade there.
LOL.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

a1mamacat

#7 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 pm

do have to give him props for staying on message most of the time.

He should be required by law to have to use a teleprompter LOL

Still taking credit for things he didn't really do, but overall he was bearable.

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Saucy, did his speech pre-empt shows on Canadian TV stations, too, or were you watching signals that crossed the border?
Nah, I was just bored, and he is usually a better show than this.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am

The highlight of Trump's speech for me tonite is that the democrats as a group acted like adults for the first time since the election. There may be some hope.
Maybe the Bobs, SSS and the Pastor could take a cue.

(Well, BJ? Maybe not....)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:06 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The highlight of Trump's speech for me tonite is that the democrats as a group acted like adults for the first time since the election. There may be some hope.

No need for the Democrats to make a fuss. We'll let the fact checkers continue to demonstrate that Donny can't open his mouth in public without lying. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Fireball

#11 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:31 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The highlight of Trump's speech for me tonite is that the democrats as a group acted like adults for the first time since the election. There may be some hope.

There is nothing "adult" about complicity to Nazism. I'm not going to sell out my principles, defy the Word of God, and spend eternity in hell just so that vapid dildogoblin can have his ego fluffed. I'm certainly not going to fluff your ego, either. That's not how I was raised.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:57 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:

There is nothing "adult" about complicity to Nazism. I'm not going to sell out my principles, defy the Word of God, and spend eternity in hell just so that vapid dildogoblin can have his ego fluffed. I'm certainly not going to fluff your ego, either. That's not how I was raised.

LOL! Poor boo.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:

Someone forgot to take his valium today.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:24 am

A new President does not deliver a State of the Union address in his first year in office (since it would come after a month or so of his term), so the best metric to measure Trump's speech by was to compare it to similar speeches given by Bush in 2001 and Obama in 2009. Trump lagged considerably behind both of them in terms of favorable ratings for his speech.

He was more civil and controlled, with no rants about the media being the enemy, but the lies were the same.

On the plus side for Trump, this speech will probably stem the bleeding in his approval and he may even see a slight uptick. We're at a stage now where the only things that will move the needle will be a major crisis (which could go either way as far as his ratings... look at Bush after 9/11 and Katrina), a clearcut smoking gun in the Russia mess, or the actual results that start coming in from all the things he says he will do. Primary in that regard will be his new immigration measures and the future of Obamacare or any replacement thereof.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am

silverscreenselect wrote: He was more civil and controlled, with no rants about the media being the enemy, but the lies were the same.
List two.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: He was more civil and controlled, with no rants about the media being the enemy, but the lies were the same.
List two.
New York Times wrote:“Ninety-four million Americans are out of the labor force.”

That is roughly the number of Americans older than 15 who do not have jobs. But it includes high school and college students, people with disabilities, stay-at-home parents and millions of retirees. The number of Americans who would like to work but can't find jobs is much smaller. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that about 7.6 million people were unemployed in January.

“We are removing gang members, drug dealers, and criminals.”

President Barack Obama already ordered the Department of Homeland Security to make serious criminals a primary focus of his deportation efforts. President Trump has called for all undocumented immigrants to be deported. With limited manpower and resources, that could mean a higher share of nonviolent offenders among those who are deported. Multiple studies have concluded that immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the United States.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#17 Post by jarnon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:14 pm

BackInTex wrote:
List two.
Bob Juch wrote:“Ninety-four million Americans are out of the labor force.”

That is roughly the number of Americans older than 15 who do not have jobs. But it includes high school and college students, people with disabilities, stay-at-home parents and millions of retirees. The number of Americans who would like to work but can't find jobs is much smaller. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that about 7.6 million people were unemployed in January.
This is misuse of statistics, but not a lie. He could have thrown in babies and rattled off an even larger number, but it still wouldn't be a lie.
Bob Juch wrote:“We are removing gang members, drug dealers, and criminals.”

President Barack Obama already ordered the Department of Homeland Security to make serious criminals a primary focus of his deportation efforts. President Trump has called for all undocumented immigrants to be deported. With limited manpower and resources, that could mean a higher share of nonviolent offenders among those who are deported. Multiple studies have concluded that immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the United States.
The new DHS policy is to round up anyone convicted or charged with a crime, no matter how minor, and anyone ICE thinks is a threat to public safety. That includes lots of good people, but also some gang members, drug dealers, and criminals, so Trump didn't lie.

But even if you still think both those statements are lies, they aren't the same lies. Nothing about voter fraud, crowd size, or terror in Sweden, Battle Creek and Atlanta.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Multiple studies have concluded that immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the United States.
Even if true, who is talking about immigrants? If talking about illegal immigrants is talking about immigrants, then talking about immigrants is talking about everyone.

Have multiple studies shown that illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the U.S.?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
List two.
51 lies in 61 minutes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... true#gid=0

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
List two.
51 lies in 61 minutes

First, they have to be a lie. Second, they need to be the same lie he was saying before. You've failed on both. I have no idea the source of that document, but just looking at the first 4 lines doesn't qualify anything as a lie.

I won't even say "Nice try." because I don't want to lie.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Multiple studies have concluded that immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the United States.
Even if true, who is talking about immigrants? If talking about illegal immigrants is talking about immigrants, then talking about immigrants is talking about everyone.

Have multiple studies shown that illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes per capita than people born in the U.S.?
The problem is that it's difficult to get reliable information about the number of crimes committed by illegal immigrants as opposed to legal ones. That doesn't stop right wingers from inventing statistics out of thin air to justify their claims. Overall, the immigrant violent crime rate is about half of the non-immigrant rate. Plus, many of the crimes for which illegal immigrants are incarcerated, especially in federal prisons are exclusively immigration-related crimes, not assaults, robberies, rapes, and murders.

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

From SSS's list of lies.
And those are just temporary jobs; the permanent job count at Keystone will be 35.
You think an asset that cost $5.2 billion to build, spans 1,900 miles, and operates daily carrying 510,000 barrels of corrosive crude oil can be operated, monitored, and maintained using only 280 hours a day? Let alone the jobs on either end of the pipeline putting the oil in and taking it out.

To borrow a phrase from a popular meme: You're a special kind of stupid.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
List two.
51 lies in 61 minutes

First, they have to be a lie. Second, they need to be the same lie he was saying before. You've failed on both. I have no idea the source of that document, but just looking at the first 4 lines doesn't qualify anything as a lie.

I won't even say "Nice try." because I don't want to lie.
First, I wasn't being literal; the lies were the same sorts of things he has been saying all along, gross exaggerations and misconstructions and flat out lies. And this speech was filled with them. Here's some things he has said before:

"We've defended the borders of other nations, while leaving our own borders wide open.."

Our borders are not "wide open." We don't have a Great Wall of China, but I don't know of any countries that do since the Berlin Wall came down. We have far more Border Police and surveillance equipment than most countries do and there's a lot of fences in place as well. It's certainly not perfect, but illegal immigration from Mexico is down substantially over the past decade. Most of the problem today is people overstaying visas, and no wall is going to stop that.

Vast majority of terrorist attacks came from people who came over our border

Actually most attacks were committed by native-born Americans, or, in some cases, those who immigrated as children and became citizens.

We've saved taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars by bringing down the price of the fantastic new F-35 jet fighter, and will be saving billions more dollars on contracts all across our Government"

Those savings were already in place when he took office. It's amazing that he'll take credit for economic statistics based on what occurred before he took office but also claims that the Yemen raid wasn't his responsibility because it was planned before he was inaugurated.

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 pm

BackInTex wrote:From SSS's list of lies.
And those are just temporary jobs; the permanent job count at Keystone will be 35.
You think an asset that cost $5.2 billion to build, spans 1,900 miles, and operates daily carrying 510,000 barrels of corrosive crude oil can be operated, monitored, and maintained using only 280 hours a day? Let alone the jobs on either end of the pipeline putting the oil in and taking it out.

To borrow a phrase from a popular meme: You're a special kind of stupid.
Yes, pipelines are actually fairly simple to maintain, especially with the electronic sensing devices we now have in place. Any repair work that would need to be done generally would be spot work by local contractors. Will the pipeline create jobs? Yes. It's hard to say how many, and it will also displace some existing jobs as the current methods of transport are cut back and phased out.

BackInTex

#25 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:03 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Yes, pipelines are actually fairly simple to maintain, especially with the electronic sensing devices we now have in place. Any repair work that would need to be done generally would be spot work by local contractors. Will the pipeline create jobs? Yes. It's hard to say how many, and it will also displace some existing jobs as the current methods of transport are cut back and phased out.
I've been in that industry for over 13 years, both at a company that owns and operates pipelines and at one that builds and maintains them. I can say this with a fair amount of certainty; you don't know what you are talking about.
~~ Thomas Jefferson