Who's opposed to Trumpcare?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Who's opposed to Trumpcare?

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Hospitals

Doctors

Health insurance companies

AARP

Anyone with a brain
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: Who's opposed to Trumpcare?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Its actual title is, "“World’s Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017." :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Hospitals

Doctors

AARP

Anyone with a brain
Evidently there are some conservatives (the Koch brothers, the Freedom Caucus in Congress) who are opposed as well, though not for the same reasons.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:51 pm

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Hospitals

Doctors

AARP

Anyone with a brain
Evidently there are some conservatives (the Koch brothers, the Freedom Caucus in Congress) who are opposed as well, though not for the same reasons.
It's those conservatives that are the problem as far as Ryan and company are concerned. They aren't going to get a single Democratic vote on anything that's worse than the current plan (if it's clear that Ryan's bill isn't going to pass, you might see a couple of people like Joe Manchin cover his rear end by voting for it in the same way that Susan Collins cast a couple of meaningless votes against a couple of cabinet candidates.)
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 pm

My hand is up. But I'm also opposed to Obamacare. It is not one or the other. Neither.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Pastor Fireball

#6 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:08 am

Call it "Republicancare". After all, why should this decomposing mongbollock take all of the "credit" for bankrupting and killing millions of Americans?
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Call it "Republicancare". After all, why should this decomposing mongbollock take all of the "credit" for bankrupting and killing millions of Americans?
I've suggested the name Republicare. Nobody will use a name unless it's catchy.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Call it "Republicancare". After all, why should this decomposing mongbollock take all of the "credit" for bankrupting and killing millions of Americans?
I call it Trumpcare because it's the only thing he doesn't want his name on.

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 am

Bob Juch wrote:
I call it Trumpcare because it's the only thing he doesn't want his name on.
That, and this:

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 am

Not sure why anyone that doesn't want government involvement in healthcare to go away doesn't support this legislation.

To understand why I say this, I'll explain simply by saying the GOP is not doing "repeal and replace"...they're doing "cap and strangle".

The GOP has finally done it- finally managed to make ultra-conservative proposals appear to be populist. The journey from Rick Santelli describing securities traders as blue collar workers to infrastructure and health care proposals that actually work to disband the civic state while allowing private investors to loot the Treasury is nearly complete.
1979 City of Champions 2009

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 am

Jeemie wrote:The GOP has finally done it- finally managed to make ultra-conservative proposals appear to be populist. The journey from Rick Santelli describing securities traders as blue collar workers to infrastructure and health care proposals that actually work to disband the civic state while allowing private investors to loot the Treasury is nearly complete.
Apparently there are some conservatives whose philosophy isn't "fewer handouts to the poor and more to the rich."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי