SURVIVOR!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

SURVIVOR!

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:08 am

WOW, excellent opening show.

Didn't see either of those votes coming.

SOoooo happy to have my Malcolm and Ozzy eye candy back!

WOOOT!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

jaybee

Re: SURVIVOR!

#2 Post by jaybee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:46 am

We found the way they showed the events leading up to the second vote a bit strange. The second hour was played up as a Sandra vs Tony thing with a few solidly in Sandra's camp, a few appearing to side with Tony and the rest going back and forth. Fairly typical Survivor editing. Yet the vote had both Sandra and Tony voting for Aubrey while everyone else voted Tony? Were did that come from?

I'm thinking that we have a group of returning players that not only know how to play Survivor but also understand how a TV show gets shot and edited. While the cameras are there a lot, there are always opportunities to be somewhere off-camera. I think that they know that what isn't seen on camera for all practical purposes - never happens. Survivor is shooting a TV show. The players are gunning for a million dollars. It seems like there was some out in the woods quick meetings going on between the players to all band together and keep both Tony and Sandra out of the plan.

Could be interesting to see if they gun for Sandra at the next opportunity.
Jaybee

andrewjackson

#3 Post by andrewjackson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 am

I've started watching Survivor again the last two seasons after a few years away.

I didn't even realize that this new season was an "All-Stars". I guess I haven't seen most of these players but I really dislike the All-Star seasons. That was one of the things that drove me away. I have set my DVR to record this season (I haven't watched the premiere yet) but I may just cancel it.

Thanks for the warning.
No matter where you go, there you are.

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 pm

We always watch Survivor. Now our grandson wants to watch the challenges. His Mom lets him stay up till then but as soon as they are over it is bedtime.

I don't mind the All Star games as long as it isn't all the time. They do seem to be doing them more frequently though.

And Sandra will be the next to go if her team loses. Who wants to give her a third million.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 pm

christie1111 wrote:We always watch Survivor. Now our grandson wants to watch the challenges. His Mom lets him stay up till then but as soon as they are over it is bedtime.

I don't mind the All Star games as long as it isn't all the time. They do seem to be doing them more frequently though.

And Sandra will be the next to go if her team loses. Who wants to give her a third million.

Yeah, but something she said stuck with me, that she would be the ideal person to take to the end because nobody would vote a third million for her. I can see a lot of them seeing the "logic" in that. But that would be really dangerous, as depending on who else would be there at the end, a majority of the jury could see her as once again playing the best game, and BINGO.

She's already survived one push to eliminate her. She talked them out of voting for her and bouncing someone who can help them in challenges by feeding on paranoia and dislike of Tony. Hell, even TONY didn't vote for her! Give her one too many chances to manipulate and she'll be off to the races. They need to get her out. NOW. I cannot stand her snide arrogance but she truly is a master player.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

jaybee

#6 Post by jaybee » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
christie1111 wrote: And Sandra will be the next to go if her team loses. Who wants to give her a third million.

Yeah, but something she said stuck with me, that she would be the ideal person to take to the end because nobody would vote a third million for her. I can see a lot of them seeing the "logic" in that. But that would be really dangerous, as depending on who else would be there at the end, a majority of the jury could see her as once again playing the best game, and BINGO.

She's already survived one push to eliminate her. She talked them out of voting for her and bouncing someone who can help them in challenges by feeding on paranoia and dislike of Tony. Hell, even TONY didn't vote for her! Give her one too many chances to manipulate and she'll be off to the races. They need to get her out. NOW. I cannot stand her snide arrogance but she truly is a master player
And that's exactly how she won her second million on Survivor!

One way that Survivor has evolved (in a good way IMHO) is that when it gets down to casting winning votes for those in the final three, most are voting with an agenda of "Outplay, Outwit and Outlast". Jury members may have been voted off by someone in the final three, but if that person can make a case for it being good gameplay they can still get the vote from someone who is PO'd at them for being a part of them being voted off in the first place.

It just seems that for the last several seasons (maybe 10 or more) that those who reach the final three by 'flying under the radar" or being a yes man to someone else's lead don't get any votes from the jury. There are still some past Survivor winners in this season. I think that leading up to the final, that some will make the case of "They already won a million, let's vote them out". But if a past winner makes it to the final three, I don't think their past winning status will affect the voting process.
Jaybee