RIP Bill Paxton

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
bazodee

RIP Bill Paxton

#1 Post by bazodee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 am

Bill Paxton, an actor who developed a following for films that achieved both mainstream and cult success starting in the 1980s, died today at the age of 61.

A representative of his family confirmed the death to ABC News.

"It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery," the statement said. "A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill's passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family's wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father."

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Bill Paxton

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am

Paxton had revived his career with his television work, getting an Emmy nomination for the Hatfields and the McCoys, and a current series on CBS, a races-reversed version of Training Day.

He was one of those actors like Matthew Broderick, who always seemed to look young, no matter how old he got. He also directed a couple of excellent movies, including Frailty, a terrific, highly original thriller (he also starred in the movie, along with Matthew McConaughey and Powers Boothe).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:03 am

It will also be interesting to see if he gets some sort of mention in the In Memoriam tribute tonight.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Game over, man!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:14 pm

My son and I just watched Nightcrawler on Netflix Friday night. I didn't know anything about the movie other than it was captioned "Starring Jake Gyllenhall, Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed". When I saw Paxton I thought "Why isn't he listed?". His was a small part, but seen several times throughout the movie. I can see why he wasn't listed in the main title.

R.I.P.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeemie

#6 Post by Jeemie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:16 pm

"Game over, man" way too soon.

RIP Bill.
1979 City of Champions 2009

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:My son and I just watched Nightcrawler on Netflix Friday night. I didn't know anything about the movie other than it was captioned "Starring Jake Gyllenhall, Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed". When I saw Paxton I thought "Why isn't he listed?". His was a small part, but seen several times throughout the movie. I can see why he wasn't listed in the main title.

R.I.P.
I wouldn't have thought that was a film you'd enjoy.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:My son and I just watched Nightcrawler on Netflix Friday night. I didn't know anything about the movie other than it was captioned "Starring Jake Gyllenhall, Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed". When I saw Paxton I thought "Why isn't he listed?". His was a small part, but seen several times throughout the movie. I can see why he wasn't listed in the main title.

R.I.P.
I wouldn't have thought that was a film you'd enjoy.
I didn't say I did. It was O.K. Glad it was free (relatively speaking). My son liked it. But he likes The Walking Dead....no, he loves The Walking Dead.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Paxton had revived his career with his television work, getting an Emmy nomination for the Hatfields and the McCoys, and a current series on CBS, a races-reversed version of Training Day.

He was one of those actors like Matthew Broderick, who always seemed to look young, no matter how old he got. He also directed a couple of excellent movies, including Frailty, a terrific, highly original thriller (he also starred in the movie, along with Matthew McConaughey and Powers Boothe).
I thought he was great, one of those not-quite-leading-role peoples but without whom you cannot make movies or television shows. Then he did get some leading roles -- he was that good.

Way too young . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#10 Post by Vandal » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Bill Paxton‘s death was triggered by an aneurysm that required surgery which resulted in a fatal stroke.

According to the death certificate, obtained by TMZ, Paxton had just undergone valve replacement surgery to correct the aortic aneurysm problem when complications arose later and he suffered a stroke.
Link
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster