The President Is Here (NON-POLITICAL)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

The President Is Here (NON-POLITICAL)

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:50 am

I'm right in the middle of a Presidential visit today, literally. Right about now, Trump is arriving at the World Congress Center, the major Atlanta convention center that's next door to the football stadiums, about a block from my office, where he will be addressing the NRA Convention. After that, he's going to the Capital City Club, a swanky downtown business club where he'll be at a fundraiser for Karen Handel. The club is a block away in the other direction, across the street from the shopping plaza where I go to lunch most Fridays. They had already blocked off traffic around the club and about 40-50 protestors were nearby as well. If Trump were to walk from the NRA meeting to the fundraiser (which I know he won't do), he would probably go right by my office building on one side or the other.

It's kind of fun to be right in the middle of things here.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Pastor Fireball

Re: The President Is Here (NON-POLITICAL)

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

silverscreenselect wrote:After that, he's going to the Capital City Club, a swanky downtown business club where he'll be at a fundraiser for Karen Handel.
Is that club located within the 6th District? Asking for a friend.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:After that, he's going to the Capital City Club, a swanky downtown business club where he'll be at a fundraiser for Karen Handel.
Is that club located within the 6th District? Asking for a friend.
This is downtown Atlanta, John Lewis' Fifth District. Most of Fulton County north of I-285 is in the sixth district, along with a small chunk of Sandy Springs (where I live) south of 285. I don't think any of the actual city of Atlanta is in the 6th district.

No word on whether he's attending any of the festivities but I think I know the answer.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:55 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I'm right in the middle of a Presidential visit today, literally. Right about now, Trump is arriving at the World Congress Center, the major Atlanta convention center that's next door to the football stadiums, about a block from my office, where he will be addressing the NRA Convention. After that, he's going to the Capital City Club, a swanky downtown business club where he'll be at a fundraiser for Karen Handel. The club is a block away in the other direction, across the street from the shopping plaza where I go to lunch most Fridays. They had already blocked off traffic around the club and about 40-50 protestors were nearby as well. If Trump were to walk from the NRA meeting to the fundraiser (which I know he won't do), he would probably go right by my office building on one side or the other.

You should have bought a ticket; they start at just $2700.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I'm right in the middle of a Presidential visit today, literally. Right about now, Trump is arriving at the World Congress Center, the major Atlanta convention center that's next door to the football stadiums, about a block from my office, where he will be addressing the NRA Convention. After that, he's going to the Capital City Club, a swanky downtown business club where he'll be at a fundraiser for Karen Handel. The club is a block away in the other direction, across the street from the shopping plaza where I go to lunch most Fridays. They had already blocked off traffic around the club and about 40-50 protestors were nearby as well. If Trump were to walk from the NRA meeting to the fundraiser (which I know he won't do), he would probably go right by my office building on one side or the other.

I don't go anywhere to eat if I don't have a coupon.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I try to limit my lunches to under $2,000. So far this year I've been pretty successful. I'm not going to cheat now.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

SpacemanSpiff

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I hear there's a Groupon available for 2-for-1 dining. :P
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

He hasn't paid that much (total) for all restaurant meals he's had in his life...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote: I hear there's a Groupon available for 2-for-1 dining. :P
I wish I knew that this morning; I'd have asked BiT to go Dutch with me. I have it on reliable authority it's in his price range.