on today's show

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

on today's show

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:25 pm

which I hope will get posted, the contestant read something in host's demeanor that threw them off wrong answer. Since they'd already used 50/50, they got right answer. Good for them.

Snaxx

Re: on today's show

#2 Post by Snaxx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm

I just did yesterday's show, but here is today's one:

Alex Fumelli
Staten Island, NY

$50K
If someone wears a diamond to represent both their birthstone and their state gem, they would be a what?
A: Floridian born in February
B: Arkansan born in April
C: Marylander born in May
D: Alaskan born in August

50/50
B: Arkansan born in April
D: Alaskan born in August

First would go with D and when asked if he would make it final, he stopped, thought and then correctly went with B.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

bazodee

#3 Post by bazodee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 am

ghostjmf wrote:which I hope will get posted, the contestant read something in host's demeanor that threw them off wrong answer. Since they'd already used 50/50, they got right answer. Good for them.
In the old days, Regis did not know the answer until it lit up on the screen after the contestant said "Final". I don't know how correct answers are transmitted to Chris Harrison now. There's always the possibility that Chris just knew this answer anyway.

Something caused the contestant to change very abruptly. Maybe Chris has a "tell" when he asks "is that your final answer"?

bazodee

#4 Post by bazodee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 am

ghostjmf wrote:which I hope will get posted, the contestant read something in host's demeanor that threw them off wrong answer. Since they'd already used 50/50, they got right answer. Good for them.
In the old days, Regis did not know the answer until it lit up on the screen after the contestant said "Final". I don't know how correct answers are transmitted to Chris Harrison now. There's always the possibility that Chris just knew this answer anyway.

Something caused the contestant to change very abruptly. Maybe Chris has a "tell" when he asks "is that your final answer"?

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 am

bazodee wrote:

In a recent interview, Chris says he's not told the answer in advance. So trying to "read" Chris is at your own risk.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:29 am

When I edit and put up the videos from today's and tomorrow's shows I'll also post the video for this question.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:26 am

I would have known. Wife's BD is in April and mine in August. So I knew the birthstones for for both. Also, though I haven't been, I know friends who have "dug for diamonds" in Arkansas. We thought about it a few years ago when there on vacation, but it was hot and that is a very dirty activity. So we went to downtown Hot Springs instead.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

lilclyde54

#8 Post by lilclyde54 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 am

One other clue is the diamond featured on the Arkansas commemorative quarter.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

ghostjmf

#9 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 am

My birth month is April & the commemorative quarter for Arkansas had I believe a big diamond on it, so I knew the answer here. And I didn't see what host's "tell" may have been, but he had to have had one. You have to assume he knows * some* answers. I didn't hear anything from audience, but I'm not ruling that out.

But contestant was so strong for wrong answer at 1st; *something* made him switch. Host asked if he meant it & he did, but didn't explain.

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 am

I stayed overnight in Murfreesboro in 1977 and visited the park. I've had the question, "What is the only state where there's a diamond mine?"
Last edited by Bob Juch on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

bazodee

#11 Post by bazodee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:I would have known. Wife's BD is in April and mine in August. So I knew the birthstones for for both. Also, though I haven't been, I know friends who have "dug for diamonds" in Arkansas. We thought about it a few years ago when there on vacation, but it was hot and that is a very dirty activity. So we went to downtown Hot Springs instead.
Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas is a pretty busy place. It's pretty ugly as far as state parks go. There's lots of dirt and hordes of people with trowels and buckets digging holes. It's an interesting place sociologically; there are definitely people there who really think/intend to strike it rich.

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:43 pm

How timely.....Teen finds 7.44-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds

The article doesn't give an estimated value. Seems like a logical question by everyone who reads the article.
MURFREESBORO, Ark. – While in southern Arkansas for a baseball tournament, 14-year-old Kalel Langford, of Centerton, Arkansas, fulfilled a longtime dream of visiting Arkansas’s Crater of Diamonds State Park.

Kalel and his parents arrived at Arkansas’s diamond site on the afternoon of Saturday, March 11. By the end of the day, he had registered the 7th-largest diamond found at the Arkansas State Park since 1972.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

jarnon

#13 Post by jarnon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm

BackInTex wrote:How timely.....Teen finds 7.44-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds

The article doesn't give an estimated value. Seems like a logical question by everyone who reads the article.
MURFREESBORO, Ark. – While in southern Arkansas for a baseball tournament, 14-year-old Kalel Langford, of Centerton, Arkansas, fulfilled a longtime dream of visiting Arkansas’s Crater of Diamonds State Park.

Kalel and his parents arrived at Arkansas’s diamond site on the afternoon of Saturday, March 11. By the end of the day, he had registered the 7th-largest diamond found at the Arkansas State Park since 1972.
This preacher in Sierra Leone beat her 95 times over:

Massive 706-carat diamond unearthed in Sierra Leone
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי