Transcript 3/16/17 Kyle Hinnerichs (BB henrix77)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 3/16/17 Kyle Hinnerichs (BB henrix77)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Kyle Hinnerichs
Steeleville, Ill.

$500
If you want to drive for Uber in New York City, your car must meet all but which of the following conditions?
A: Have 4 doors B: Be a 2010 model or newer
C: Be stolen D: Be covered by insurance
Answer
C: Be stolen
$1,000
In the lyrics of a rebellious 1980s rock anthem, what is Twisted Sister “not gonna take” anymore?
A: The high road B: Time to smell the roses
C: Cream in their coffee D: It
Answer
D: It
$2,000
Having the slogan “Life depends on a Silken Thread,” the Caterpillar Club is an exclusive group of people who have had their lives saved by a what?
A: Fire extinguisher B: Parachute
C: Gas mask D: Airbag
Answer
B: Parachute
Commercial break

$3,000
New genealogical research recently revealed that there are about three dozen living Italians who are descendants of what great Italian artist born in 1452?
A: Vincent van Gogh B: Rembrandt
C: Leonardo da Vinci D: Johannes Vermeer
Answer
C: Leonardo da Vinci
$5,000
On many food labels, what information is printed in English beside the Spanish phrase “tamaño por ración”?
A: Serving size B: Keep refrigerated
C: Sugar D: Best if used by
Answer
A: Serving size
$7,000
What Fortune 500 CEO told CNN that their morning routine involves waking up around 5 am, making coffee, then picking up the Seattle Times?
A: Tim Cook B: Marissa Mayer
C: Elon Musk D: Howard Schultz
ATA
A: 14% B: 25% C: 13% D: 48%
Answer
D: Howard Schultz
Commercial break

$10,000
In an episode called “The Deal,” which characters try to have both “this,” meaning friendship, and “that,” meaning sex?
A: Sam and Diane from “Cheers” B: Jerry and Elaine from “Seinfeld”
C: Ross and Rachel from “Friends” D: Jim and Pam from “The Office”
Answer
B: Jerry and Elaine from “Seinfeld”
$20,000
Thought to have been extinct for millions of years, what “living fossil” was discovered swimming off the coast of South Africa in 1938?
A: Icthyosaurus B: Trilobite
C: Coelacanth D: Basking shark
50/50
50/50 leaves coelacanth and basking shark.
Answer
C: Coelacanth
Commercial break

QotD
In the world of air travel, a ticket that allows you to arrive in one place but depart from another is known by what name?
A: Blind-eye B: Open-jaw
C: Closed-arm D: Sharp-tooth
Answer
B: Open-jaw
$30,000
While no president has ever had a last name with three or fewer letters, how many have just four letters?
A: Two B: Three
C: Four D: Five

Kyle has memorized all the presidents.
Answer
D: Five
The horn
Kyle will be back on Friday.

Snaxx

Re: Transcript 3/16/17 Kyle Hinnerichs (BB henrix77)

#2 Post by Snaxx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $20,000
Thought to have been extinct for millions of years, what “living fossil” was discovered swimming off the coast of South Africa in 1938?
50/50
Answer
This was a re-ask of a question from February 2000 primetime that brought up discussions of the coelacanth and one or more commercials using it.
https://twitter.com/jacorbett7022/statu ... 7528914944
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:15 pm

10K: Cheers only one I watched & don't think its answer. Sounds like the creeps on Seinfeld. ATA

30K: 2 Bushes. Then I think of 5s, which doesn't help. +1

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:07 pm

$7,000
What Fortune 500 CEO told CNN that their morning routine involves waking up around 5 am, making coffee, then picking up the Seattle Times?
A: Tim Cook B: Marissa Mayer
C: Elon Musk D: Howard Schultz
ATA
A: 14% B: 25% C: 13% D: 48%
Answer
D: Howard Schultz
ATA
$20,000
50/50
Answer
I'm sure I know this answer from Millionaire. It must have been from an early episode because it didn't come up on Bored Search.
$30,000
While no president has ever had a last name with three or fewer letters, how many have just four letters?

Answer
Oh good grief. Ford, Bush, Bush, Polk, . . . 50/50. If it leaves both four and five, Plus One. If no help, sayonara.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kyle Hinnerichs
Steeleville, Ill.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000

Answer
Good for you, henrix! It took me a while to come up with the fourth - Bush, Bush and Taft were simple, but Polk didn't come to mind right away.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

henrix77

#6 Post by henrix77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Lol, thanks. It felt ridiculous going through the list in the moment, but I guess whatever works, right? :)

No regrets. I, along with the smartest guy I've ever met, both thought New Zealand. We took a shot. I didn't come there to walk away before the 3rd tier, and I fully accept the unfortunate circumstances that can (and did) occur. It's a once-in-a-lifetime, and I was there to go big or go home. The experience really was amazing, in more ways than one.

When our show taping got bumped because of the water pipe bursting, it caused me to miss my father's first appointment for treatment of lung cancer. You think there's more time. Turns out, there sometimes isn't. He passed away less than two weeks after I taped. That, and my (in my eyes) disappointing performance led to a pretty dark couple of weeks. Then, I really just kind of realized how lucky I already was. It's so incredibly cliche (although accurate), but I really started trying to make every day count.

In the seven months since the show taped, I'm down 40 pounds, my wife and I are almost ready to move into the new home we built, and at the end of May, plan on bringing a new resident into that home. It's our Millionaire baby. So far, we've been calling him Harrison. :)

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Congrats on the baby (& the house!).

You know, they've had a couple of 2nd-chance weeks. Bums out those of us waiting for our 1st chance, but may be good for you.