The Second Japanese Bombing of Hawaii

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

The Second Japanese Bombing of Hawaii

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm

In the "You Learn Something New Every Day" department-I did not know that there had been a small Japanese air raid on Hawaii in March, 1942.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-ar ... econd.html

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

Re: The Second Japanese Bombing of Hawaii

#2 Post by AlphaDummy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 am

Spock - Have you ever read the book "Red Star Rogue"? Very intriguing read that makes the case that there was almost another attack on Hawaii - this time by the Russians in 1968. The authors do a very good job of connecting the dots of circumstantial evidence...and, if they indeed did connect the right dots, the world dodged a very huge bullet. I really think that you would enjoy this one...
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am

AlphaDummy wrote:Spock - Have you ever read the book "Red Star Rogue"? Very intriguing read that makes the case that there was almost another attack on Hawaii - this time by the Russians in 1968. The authors do a very good job of connecting the dots of circumstantial evidence...and, if they indeed did connect the right dots, the world dodged a very huge bullet. I really think that you would enjoy this one...
That's about the sub the Glomar Explorer retrieved part of, right?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#4 Post by AlphaDummy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am

Bob Juch wrote:That's about the sub the Glomar Explorer retrieved part of, right?
You are correct, sir.
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 am

Was this before or after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 am

AlphaDummy wrote:Spock - Have you ever read the book "Red Star Rogue"? Very intriguing read that makes the case that there was almost another attack on Hawaii - this time by the Russians in 1968. The authors do a very good job of connecting the dots of circumstantial evidence...and, if they indeed did connect the right dots, the world dodged a very huge bullet. I really think that you would enjoy this one...
Thank You-sounds good. In the same vein-Check out "Shadow Divers"-True story-guys find an unidentified U-Boat off New Jersey in the 90's. Adventure diving plus Archival research-what more could you want.

They were fortunate also, in that U-Boat guys were still alive and cognitive to help find the trail.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 am

The Japanese actually launched other attacks on the U.S. mainland as well, both before and after this raid:

http://www.history.com/news/history-lis ... rld-war-ii

Here's some recently unclassified archival footage of one of the attacks:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com