RIP Don Rickles

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

RIP Don Rickles

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Age 90. So long, Mr. Potato Head.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Don Rickles

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Hockey pucks all over the world are in mourning.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:53 pm

I always liked Don Rickles, at least, from the time I was old enough to watch the Tonight Show. I thought he was very funny and witty.

I really liked the kindness he showed to Johnny Depp at the "One Night Only" show on Spike TV. Depp practically begged Rickles to make fun of him, and at the end of the show Rickles did, saying something insulting about his dress or laundry or something, I forget.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:36 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I always liked Don Rickles, at least, from the time I was old enough to watch the Tonight Show. I thought he was very funny and witty.

I really liked the kindness he showed to Johnny Depp at the "One Night Only" show on Spike TV. Depp practically begged Rickles to make fun of him, and at the end of the show Rickles did, saying something insulting about his dress or laundry or something, I forget.
Not surprisingly, Rickles was a regular on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts, which began as a segment of Dean's variety show and then became a series of specials. Those shows are still hilarious today, because the comics involved like Rickles knew how to think on their feet and could be hilarious (it helped that everyone at the roast was usually sloshed by the time they taped) without resorting to gratuitous cruelty, which is what sometimes passes for humor on these roasts today.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com