Very Intriguing Brackets 2017

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

Very Intriguing Brackets 2017

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:06 pm

It's that time once again! The NCAA's Selection Sunday is only three nights away, which means you need to decide who will win their ways through the brackets. 2017 will mark the seventh year of my invitational contest. I won my own contest last year, but that was because only three other people submitted brackets. This year, I'm looking for more competition and fresh competition. Invites will go out to all of my Facebook friends on Sunday night, but all of you will get the first invites right now. (Actually, my cousin got the first invite because he's the co-host, but that's not important.)

Simply click on the link below and enter the password. If you don't have an ESPN account, register for a free one.

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challe ... upID=15654
Password: peegate

The brackets will open at the end of the selection show and can be edited until next Thursday morning.

Bragging rights are on the line, so good luck!
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Pastor Fireball

Re: Very Intriguing Brackets 2017

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Bank is open!
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:13 pm

How did you know they would be very intriguing, three days before the draw?
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Pastor Fireball

#4 Post by Pastor Fireball » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:44 pm

And the first #1 seed has dropped. Villanova will not repeat as champions, causing several brackets in both of our groups to go straight into the toilet.
Ritterskoop wrote:How did you know they would be very intriguing, three days before the draw?
That was simply the name I invented for my invitational group back in 2011.

Pastor Fireball

#5 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:13 am

I posted this on Facebook last night, but I'll post it here: AJ, hermillion, and Krox are the only three players in my ESPN group who can still win this year's bragging rights. AJ will win if UNC wins the championship. hermillion will win if Gonzaga wins the championship or if Gonzaga loses to Oregon. Any other scenario will give the title to Krox.

andrewjackson

#6 Post by andrewjackson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:31 am

Wooo hoo!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I still couldn't bring myself to root for the Heels last night but it worked out for the bracket.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Pastor Fireball

#7 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 am

Meanwhile, this year's Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award goes to my cousin, Cameron "Killa Cam" Washington. Five years ago, he was the VIB champion. This year, dead last. How the mighty have fallen.