Shia LaBeouf Breaks English Box Office Record

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Shia LaBeouf Breaks English Box Office Record

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:11 pm

But not in a good way....

His movie, Man Down, about a soldier shaken by his experience in Afghanistan debuted in England over the weekend in one theater and sold one ticket, for a grand total of 7 pounds (I don't know how to do the pound symbol here). The film debuted in the U.S. in December in a highly limited release and earned a huuuuge $454,000.

I don't know if Shia has a percentage here, but it would be interesting to see what his plans are to spend his percentage of the box office.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/201 ... 100071170/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: Shia LaBeouf Breaks English Box Office Record

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm

He's right, he's not famous anymore.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Pastor Fireball

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:56 am

silverscreenselect wrote:But not in a good way....

His movie, Man Down, about a soldier shaken by his experience in Afghanistan debuted in England over the weekend in one theater and sold one ticket, for a grand total of 7 pounds (I don't know how to do the pound symbol here). The film debuted in the U.S. in December in a highly limited release and earned a huuuuge $454,000.

I don't know if Shia has a percentage here, but it would be interesting to see what his plans are to spend his percentage of the box office.

Dubious congratulations to Man Down on becoming the Zyzzyx Road of England.

By the way, hold down the Alt key while typing 0163 on the number pad and you will get your British pound sign: £.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:56 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:

By the way, hold down the Alt key while typing 0163 on the number pad and you will get your British pound sign: £.
Here's a great story about making Zyzzyx Road: http://ew.com/article/2007/02/09/how-zy ... ssed-3000/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:

What does one do on a Mac, which (if memory serves) doesn't have an Alt key? I'm typing this from a PC. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Pastor Fireball wrote:

What does one do on a Mac, which (if memory serves) doesn't have an Alt key? I'm typing this from a PC. --Bob
I think it's the Option key on a Mac. If not it's Command.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Attendance is trending well for him. Ticket sales have tripled since the original report was published.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)