RIP Paul O'Neill

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Paul O'Neill

#1 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 am

Not the former MLB player. The TSO guy.
Paul O'Neill, the producer who put together Christmas-inspired prog-metal group Trans-Siberian Orchestra, has died. The group's Facebook page reported the news Wednesday night, saying he had been suffering from a chronic illness. He was 61.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 61-w475347
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

mrkelley23

Re: RIP Paul O'Neill

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am

Sirge will be sad.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:31 pm

You'd think I'd have thought of the ballplayer first, but I didn't. I've been Georging for too long.....
Spoiler
lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 am

Sheesh. The old guard of artists with major Christmas music ties have mostly passed (Bing, Perry, Andy Williams...only Johnny Mathis is still around, and he doesn't fully resonate "Mr. Christmas" to me), so now The Reaper is starting on the modern day ones? What Mr. O'Neill started will carry on long after his passing. It has become a yearly tradition for many to attend their concert and it crosses generations, finding older folks digging the heavy metal aspects and young ones getting some classical music influences into their systems.

Over the last number of years it has been the first holiday music we put on the stereo when we start decorating. The season doesn't start until we hear TSO.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:35 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:Sheesh. The old guard of artists with major Christmas music ties have mostly passed (Bing, Perry, Andy Williams...only Johnny Mathis is still around, and he doesn't fully resonate "Mr. Christmas" to me), so now The Reaper is starting on the modern day ones?
This hit me on Xmas day, when George Michael passed as "Last Christmas" played on every radio station.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי