WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Pastor Fireball wrote:
Hey, Vlad! I think now would be a good time for you and your government to leak all of that blackmail you have on Drumpf. You can start with the pee tape.


There is nothing there there. But there are those emails from HRC.....
I saw reports that one of the reasons for the intelligence community's conclusion that Russia was deliberately supporting Donny's elections, rather than simply sowing distrust of the electoral process, was that their hackers penetrated Republican e-mails as well as Democratic e-mails and chose only to release the embarrassing Democratic e-mails.

If you really think that Republican e-mails don't exist that are at least as embarrassing as the Democratic e-mails, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2811
Location: Lacey, Washington
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12066
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?

I have heard suggestions that the president told Putin in advance of the strike and its target, and that Putin, in turn, passed this along to Assad so that he had time to get valuable materiel and equipment away from the base before the missiles struck.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?
I think he cheerfully accepted Putin's help to get elected, and I think Putin wanted Donny elected rather than Secretary Clinton because Donny is a much less effective leader. I've seen nothing to dissuade me from either conclusion. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
earendel wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?

I have heard suggestions that the president told Putin in advance of the strike and its target, and that Putin, in turn, passed this along to Assad so that he had time to get valuable materiel and equipment away from the base before the missiles struck.
Telling Russia to get its military personnel out of harm's way may be defensible because Russian military deaths would have constituted an escalation I'm not sure we're ready for. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12066
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
Bob78164 wrote:
earendel wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?

I have heard suggestions that the president told Putin in advance of the strike and its target, and that Putin, in turn, passed this along to Assad so that he had time to get valuable materiel and equipment away from the base before the missiles struck.
Telling Russia to get its military personnel out of harm's way may be defensible because Russian military deaths would have constituted an escalation I'm not sure we're ready for. --Bob

I think the suggestion was that Assad had advance warning, so the attack didn't hit anything really valuable.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 20513
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
earendel wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?

I have heard suggestions that the president told Putin in advance of the strike and its target, and that Putin, in turn, passed this along to Assad so that he had time to get valuable material and equipment away from the base before the missiles struck.

I doubt Trump talked to Putin. The communication was through the already-established channel to avoid U.S./Russian conflicts in Syria. Of course, the Russians notifies the Syrians. The civilian deaths were due to missiles that went astray. I am very disappointed that the majority of missiles did not hit their target.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 2242
I will put this here-rather than the other thread.

On playing the cards you are dealt and shuffling the deck.

We all implicitly trust the Obama Administration and they dealt a card to the incoming Trump Administration that said-"We solved the Syria chemical weapon situation-whatever other problems are there-we at least took care of that one."

Out of the Blue-this week -it turned out that the Obama Administration either lied or was wrong about that and a chemical weapons attack occurred.

This had to stun the Trump admin as the Obama team had "solved" that problem.

So, Trump shuffled the deck and all the "Red Line" stuff is not there anymore-He dealt his hand now and he showed what happens when you pull chemical weapons crap under his watch.

I detect some "With This Crap We will Not Put!!" message behind the attack.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
earendel wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
earendel wrote:
I have heard suggestions that the president told Putin in advance of the strike and its target, and that Putin, in turn, passed this along to Assad so that he had time to get valuable materiel and equipment away from the base before the missiles struck.
Telling Russia to get its military personnel out of harm's way may be defensible because Russian military deaths would have constituted an escalation I'm not sure we're ready for. --Bob

I think the suggestion was that Assad had advance warning, so the attack didn't hit anything really valuable.
It is, and ABC is reporting eyewitness accounts to that effect. That may have been a reason not to order the missile strike in the first place. But given that we were going to proceed with the strike, I still think it may be defensible to give Russia the opportunity to avoid its own casualties, even believing it likely that Russia would pass that warning along to Assad. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13556
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
The civilian deaths were due to missiles that went astray. I am very disappointed that the majority of missiles did not hit their target.


That "information" came from Syrian sources. The official US sources say all but one missile hit the target. I think the more prudent course is to wait for better information on this one.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 20513
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
The civilian deaths were due to missiles that went astray. I am very disappointed that the majority of missiles did not hit their target.


That "information" came from Syrian sources. The official US sources say all but one missile hit the target. I think the more prudent course is to wait for better information on this one.

The base is still usable: http://www.businessinsider.com/monitor-syrian-warplanes-take-off-from-airbase-hit-by-us-cruise-missiles-2017-4

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13556
Spock wrote:
Out of the Blue-this week -it turned out that the Obama Administration either lied or was wrong about that and a chemical weapons attack occurred.

This had to stun the Trump admin as the Obama team had "solved" that problem.


Well, it wasn't exactly out of the blue. Trump's team shuffled the deck a few times and then acted surprised when some cards weren't in the same place as they were before.

Rex Tillerson: "I think the longer term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people."

Nikki Haley: "You pick and choose your battles. And when we're looking at this, it's about changing up priorities and our priority is no longer to sit and focus on getting Assad out."

Sean Spicer: "We had an opportunity and we need to focus now on defeating ISIS. The United States has profound priorities in Syria and Iraq and we've made it clear that counterterrorism, particularly the defeat of ISIS, is foremost among those priorities."

Is it any surprise that Assad took that to mean the U.S. was going to look the other way if he pulled off an attack?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2811
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?
I think he cheerfully accepted Putin's help to get elected, and I think Putin wanted Donny elected rather than Secretary Clinton because Donny is a much less effective leader. I've seen nothing to dissuade me from either conclusion. --Bob

Of course not, Bob. You need to take off your blinders to actually see anything.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You need to take off your blinders to actually see anything.
I find it amazing (not to mention amusing) that you can say this without betraying even a hint of irony. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2811
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You need to take off your blinders to actually see anything.
I find it amazing (not to mention amusing) that you can say this without betraying even a hint of irony. --Bob

YOU are the one who said you will make it your mission to oppose ANYTHING that President Trump will do. I oppose him when I see the evidence, not relying upon on left wing narratives . I am not the one with the blinders on.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
You need to take off your blinders to actually see anything.
I find it amazing (not to mention amusing) that you can say this without betraying even a hint of irony. --Bob

YOU are the one who said you will make it your mission to oppose ANYTHING that President Trump will do. I oppose him when I see the evidence, not relying upon on left wing narratives . I am not the one with the blinders on.
I said that I will oppose the things Donny said during the campaign that he'd do. I will oppose his efforts to demonize foreigners, such as the Syrian refugees (including children) that he wants to bar from this country. I will oppose his efforts to undermine or eliminate the Affordable Care Act, returning us to the bad old days when the loss of a job and insurance could be a virtual death sentence. I will oppose his efforts to reverse decades of evidence-based environmental policy. I will oppose his efforts to intimidate a free press. I will oppose his efforts to bully political opponents. I hold to those positions.

And I will insist on a full accounting of his pre-election contacts with Russia, and those of his campaign. I fully expect the result of the ongoing investigations to result in compelling evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors, including but not limited to conspiracy to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Judging by what appears to be happening the the Kansas 4th Congressional District, I may have a House of Representatives prepared to fulfill its oversight responsibilities sooner than I'd hoped. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13556
Bob78164 wrote:
Judging by what appears to be happening the the Kansas 4th Congressional District, I may have a House of Representatives prepared to fulfill its oversight responsibilities sooner than I'd hoped. --Bob


I'm going to have my say in the matter in one more week here in Georgia.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Judging by what appears to be happening the the Kansas 4th Congressional District, I may have a House of Representatives prepared to fulfill its oversight responsibilities sooner than I'd hoped. --Bob


I'm going to have my say in the matter in one more week here in Georgia.
I tossed a smidgen of money into that race. Your election is a jungle primary, right? So most likely there will be a general election. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13556
Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Judging by what appears to be happening the the Kansas 4th Congressional District, I may have a House of Representatives prepared to fulfill its oversight responsibilities sooner than I'd hoped. --Bob


I'm going to have my say in the matter in one more week here in Georgia.
I tossed a smidgen of money into that race. Your election is a jungle primary, right? So most likely there will be a general election. --Bob


There are 18 candidates in the race, 11 Republicans, 5 Democrats (including Ossoff), and 2 independents. Ossoff has been polling in the low 40s, with Karen Handel (probably the most moderate and best known of the Republicans) at about 20% and a couple of the other Republicans close to 10%. Unless Ossoff gets 50% of the vote, there would be a runoff in June. Most of these are fringe candidates; only four of the Republicans have done any TV advertising. But some national Republican groups are worried ard are running some anti-Ossoff ads.

At first, Ossoff was just concerned about getting in the runoff, but with him so far ahead of the field, everyone on both sides of the political aisle thinks he has a shot to win in the first election.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15441
Location: By the phone
silverscreenselect wrote:
At first, Ossoff was just concerned about getting in the runoff, but with him so far ahead of the field, everyone on both sides of the political aisle thinks he has a shot to win in the first election.
That's when I decided to contribute. Now I'm giving some thought to contributing in the Kansas 4th. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2811
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I don't want to make light of this, but does this convince any of you dems that Trump is not now and never has been Putin's 'buddy'? If not, what is your convoluted explanation? Does it hurt your brain just a little to have to go through such convolutions?
I think he cheerfully accepted Putin's help to get elected, and I think Putin wanted Donny elected rather than Secretary Clinton because Donny is a much less effective leader. I've seen nothing to dissuade me from either conclusion. --Bob


You know, Bobbalino, I'm convinced. Putin and Trump whipped this whole thing up to make the dems THINK they are not buddy-buddy. Some anonymous source told me they decided to nuke a couple of small cities on both sides just to make sure the congressional investigation doesn't come to anything. As SSS points out in another thread, that proves it! Good thing it's true, otherwise the dem's useful idiots would have to realize that the whole strawman about Trump and Russia was all made up. Wow, they Trump and Putin are really pulling the wool over our eyes, aren't they?

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2811
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
At first, Ossoff was just concerned about getting in the runoff, but with him so far ahead of the field, everyone on both sides of the political aisle thinks he has a shot to win in the first election.
That's when I decided to contribute. Now I'm giving some thought to contributing in the Kansas 4th. --Bob


You should have, Boobby.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13556
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Good thing it's true, otherwise the dem's useful idiots would have to realize that the whole strawman about Trump and Russia was all made up.


For something that's made up, the FBI is doing a whole lot of investigating.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3333
Location: Merion, Pa.
After the airstrike, Secretary of State Tillerson had a tense meeting with Putin and said that current relations between the two countries are at a "low point." Then President Trump hosted Chinese President Xi and said an "outstanding" relationship was developing.

Geroge Orwell wrote:
At just this moment it had been announced that Oceania was not after all at war with Eurasia. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Eurasia was an ally.
. . .
Without words said, a wave of understanding rippled through the crowd. Oceania was at war with Eastasia! The next moment there was a tremendous commotion. The banners and posters with which the square was decorated were all wrong! Quite half of them had the wrong faces on them. It was sabotage! The agents of Goldstein had been at work! There was a riotous interlude while posters were ripped from the walls, banners torn to shreds and trampled underfoot. The Spies performed prodigies of activity in clambering over the rooftops and cutting the streamers that fluttered from the chimneys. But within two or three minutes it was all over. The orator, still gripping the neck of the microphone, his shoulders hunched forward, his free hand clawing at the air, had gone straight on with his speech. One minute more, and the feral roars of rage were again bursting from the crowd. The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8701
Location: In Texas of course!
Dennis Lambert & Brian Potter wrote:
Turned the stone and looked beneath it...
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: silvercamaro and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.