WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Table 9
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 pm 
Bored Moderator

I'm in San Diego playing a regional tournament. They seed pairs to ensure that the top pairs are spread across the field, so that no one has too hard or too easy a set of opponents and to avoid having the top pairs all comparing against each other, while weaker pairs get an easier path to a good score by getting to compare against a weaker field. In most tournaments (at least on this side of the country), the seeded tables are, in order, 3, 9, and 13.

Today, for the first time at a regional, the director assigned my partner and me to Table 9, which is equivalent to being seeded between 5th and 8th in the two-section event. I've thought for a while that my game's been improving but it's nice to have confirmation that other people think so as well. --Bob

Post subject: Re: Table 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 am 

Bob78164 wrote:
I'm in San Diego playing a regional tournament. They seed pairs to ensure that the top pairs are spread across the field, so that no one has too hard or too easy a set of opponents and to avoid having the top pairs all comparing against each other, while weaker pairs get an easier path to a good score by getting to compare against a weaker field. In most tournaments (at least on this side of the country), the seeded tables are, in order, 3, 9, and 13.

Today, for the first time at a regional, the director assigned my partner and me to Table 9, which is equivalent to being seeded between 5th and 8th in the two-section event. I've thought for a while that my game's been improving but it's nice to have confirmation that other people think so as well. --Bob

I hope Table 9 has better luck than Chair 9.

Post subject: Re: Table 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 am 

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I hope Table 9 has better luck than Chair 9.

Or 9 Rows of Stars.