Table 9

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Table 9

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm in San Diego playing a regional tournament. They seed pairs to ensure that the top pairs are spread across the field, so that no one has too hard or too easy a set of opponents and to avoid having the top pairs all comparing against each other, while weaker pairs get an easier path to a good score by getting to compare against a weaker field. In most tournaments (at least on this side of the country), the seeded tables are, in order, 3, 9, and 13.

Today, for the first time at a regional, the director assigned my partner and me to Table 9, which is equivalent to being seeded between 5th and 8th in the two-section event. I've thought for a while that my game's been improving but it's nice to have confirmation that other people think so as well. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Table 9

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 am

Bob78164 wrote:I'm in San Diego playing a regional tournament. They seed pairs to ensure that the top pairs are spread across the field, so that no one has too hard or too easy a set of opponents and to avoid having the top pairs all comparing against each other, while weaker pairs get an easier path to a good score by getting to compare against a weaker field. In most tournaments (at least on this side of the country), the seeded tables are, in order, 3, 9, and 13.

Today, for the first time at a regional, the director assigned my partner and me to Table 9, which is equivalent to being seeded between 5th and 8th in the two-section event. I've thought for a while that my game's been improving but it's nice to have confirmation that other people think so as well. --Bob
I hope Table 9 has better luck than Chair 9.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Jeemie

Re: Table 9

#3 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm in San Diego playing a regional tournament. They seed pairs to ensure that the top pairs are spread across the field, so that no one has too hard or too easy a set of opponents and to avoid having the top pairs all comparing against each other, while weaker pairs get an easier path to a good score by getting to compare against a weaker field. In most tournaments (at least on this side of the country), the seeded tables are, in order, 3, 9, and 13.

I hope Table 9 has better luck than Chair 9.
Or 9 Rows of Stars.
1979 City of Champions 2009