RIP Erin Moran

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Erin Moran

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 pm

“Happy Days” actress Erin Moran has passed away at the age of 56, CBS News has confirmed.

Moran played Joanie Cunningham on the hit show “Happy Days” and its short-lived spinoff “Joanie Loves Chachi” with Scott Baio.

Around 4:07 p.m. Harrison County dispatch in Corydon, Indiana, received a 911 call for an unresponsive female.

First responders determined that Moran was deceased.

An autopsy is pending and further details are not available at this time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: RIP Erin Moran

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:25 am

It's hard for me to think of her as older than I am. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:51 am

Bob78164 wrote:It's hard for me to think of her as older than I am. --Bob
I was thinking just the opposite. Hard for me to think of her a younger than me. Happy Days was so long ago its hard for me to compare my age to hers playing Joni.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 pm

My hard to accept thing is that she has died AND is younger than me.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Wikipedia wrote:After Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chachi were canceled, Moran moved from Los Angeles to the California mountains and revealed in a 1988 interview that she suffered from depression and was unable to gain acting roles.[3] Moran confirmed news reports that her California home was foreclosed on in 2010,[23] following media claims that she was also served eviction papers and moved into her mother-in-law's trailer home in Indiana.[24] In 2017, Variety magazine said she "had fallen on hard times in recent years. She was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana because of her hard-partying ways".[25]
:cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Looks like she died from Stage IV cancer. No illegal narcotics were found in her home.

This is the difference between journalism and gossip. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Looks like she died from Stage IV cancer. No illegal narcotics were found in her home.

I didn't hear anything about a possible O.D.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Looks like she died from Stage IV cancer. No illegal narcotics were found in her home.

Why did you choose that particular section of the Wikipedia article to post in this context? --Bob

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Why did you choose that particular section of the Wikipedia article to post in this context? --Bob
That had nothing to do with the use of drugs. I was showing that she had fallen on hard times since her happier days.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I didn't hear anything about a possible O.D.
That had nothing to do with the use of drugs. I was showing that she had fallen on hard times since her happier days.
I'd have bought that if you hadn't included the last sentence of your excerpt. --Bob

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Why did you choose that particular section of the Wikipedia article to post in this context? --Bob
I'd have bought that if you hadn't included the last sentence of your excerpt. --Bob
I don't assume "hard-partying" means drugs other than alcohol.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#12 Post by Estonut » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:48 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: That had nothing to do with the use of drugs. I was showing that she had fallen on hard times since her happier days.
That's called hard-drinking. Hard partying typically involves other stuff, too.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

TheConfessor

#13 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'd have bought that if you hadn't included the last sentence of your excerpt. --Bob
That's called hard-drinking. Hard partying typically involves other stuff, too.
That's true. Usually some music, and a few bags of Doritos. She lived just down the road from my sister, so I'll ask her what snacks were involved.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 am