Gregg Allman has entered hospice

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Gregg Allman has entered hospice

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

https://www.relix.com/news/detail/gregg ... rs_hospice

Last month, he cancelled his entire performance calendar, citing health reasons. Doesn't sound good.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Gregg Allman has entered hospice

#2 Post by Vandal » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm

From Rolling Stone:

Gregg Allman Denies Hospice Rumors
Gregg Allman denied rumors that he'd entered a hospice facility on Monday, with the Allman Brothers Band singer noting in a brief statement on Facebook that he's "currently home in Savannah resting" on doctor's orders. "I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending," he continued. "Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep Rockin'."

"It has been determined that Gregg will not be touring in 2017," rock legend reveals without providing reason behind nixed gigs.
Earlier Monday, a news report, based on an unverified post on Facebook, claimed that the singer had entered hospice care.

The musician has battled major medical issues in recent years, though he's often kept the full details private. Last month, Allman canceled a series of scheduled June concerts and announced he wouldn't be touring in 2017. No reason was specified for the axed gigs, which included four rescheduled performances in his hometown of Macon, Georgia.

In August 2016, the singer canceled 28 gigs, including several festival appearances, due to unspecified "serious health issues." The Southern rock great returned to the stage in October for two shows at his own Laid Back Festival in Atlanta, but he later postponed his entire winter tour after suffering a vocal injury that required months of recovery.

Some of those dates were rescheduled for summer 2017 before their subsequent cancellation.

"This is the hardest thing I've had to do in a long, long, time," Allman said in a statement after canceling the winter trek. "I've been on the road for 45 years because I live to play music with my friends for my fans. As much as I hate it, it's time for me to take some real time off to heal."

The multi-instrumentalist also nixed a solo tour in 2011 after battling an upper respiratory condition stemming from a successful liver transplant from the previous year.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Gregg Allman has entered hospice

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Hope he doesn't let 'em catch the Midnight Rider...
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck