RIP The Great Wall of Trump

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP The Great Wall of Trump

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

Looks like the President is backing down on his threat to demand funding for his Great Wall or shut down the government. While this is a smart thing to do as far as the nation's economy is concerned, it's yet another example of Mr. Art of the Deal backing down when push comes to shove. Anyone care to venture a guess as to how he'll fare when he has to negotiate with someone other than members of Congress, like, say, Putin or the Chinese?

On the other hand, each one of these "setbacks" is good for the country as a whole, albeit not for those gullible rubes who were taken in by his promises.

Trump's new governing strategy is to make a lot of noise, back down, blame it on the Fake Media, declare a huuuuuge victory, and then continue Obama's policies. Got it.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

earendel

Re: RIP The Great Wall of Trump

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:33 am

I wouldn't count the wall out just yet. Although it may not be included in the funding bill this week, there has been mention of it being included in next year's funding bill (in September).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Looks like the President is backing down on his threat to demand funding for his Great Wall or shut down the government. While this is a smart thing to do as far as the nation's economy is concerned, it's yet another example of Mr. Art of the Deal backing down when push comes to shove. Anyone care to venture a guess as to how he'll fare when he has to negotiate with someone other than members of Congress, like, say, Putin or the Chinese?

On the other hand, each one of these "setbacks" is good for the country as a whole, albeit not for those gullible rubes who were taken in by his promises.

Trump's new governing strategy is to make a lot of noise, back down, blame it on the Fake Media, declare a huuuuuge victory, and then continue Obama's policies. Got it.

Bless your heart. You just really don't get it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Pastor Fireball

#4 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Looks like the President is backing down on his threat to demand funding for his Great Wall or shut down the government. While this is a smart thing to do as far as the nation's economy is concerned, it's yet another example of Mr. Art of the Deal backing down when push comes to shove. Anyone care to venture a guess as to how he'll fare when he has to negotiate with someone other than members of Congress, like, say, Putin or the Chinese?

Lil' Donnie Snowflake probably won't bring it up again until 2020, when he needs to con the Republican voters into supporting him again. Of course, this is assuming that Drumpf, Pence, Sessions, Tillerson, Page, Manafort, and Stone haven't been convicted of treason and put on death row by then. When I say that these anti-American wastes of protoplasm need to be executed, I'm not talking about lethal injections or electric chairs. They need to be executed the old-fashioned way--up against a brick wall, in front of a firing squad. Now that's a wall that would make America great again.

And while we're on the subject of this fib-spurting wankchopped fishmitten's campaign promises, how's that "lock up Hillary" thing going?
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:

Lil' Donnie Snowflake probably won't bring it up again until 2020, when he needs to con the Republican voters into supporting him again. Of course, this is assuming that Drumpf, Pence, Sessions, Tillerson, Page, Manafort, and Stone haven't been convicted of treason and put on death row by then. When I say that these anti-American wastes of protoplasm need to be executed, I'm not talking about lethal injections or electric chairs. They need to be executed the old-fashioned way--up against a brick wall, in front of a firing squad. Now that's a wall that would make America great again.

And while we're on the subject of this fib-spurting wankchopped fishmitten's campaign promises, how's that "lock up Hillary" thing going?
Wow, the hatred is just dripping off my monitor. Yuck. You need help.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am

Pastor Fireball wrote: Drumpf, Pence, Sessions, Tillerson, Page, Manafort, and Stone ... need to be executed, I'm not talking about lethal injections or electric chairs. They need to be executed the old-fashioned way--up against a brick wall, in front of a firing squad. Now that's a wall that would make America great again.
I didn't think my opinion of you could be any worse. You've proved me wrong.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Spock

#7 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 am

SSS>>>On the other hand, each one of these "setbacks" is good for the country as a whole, albeit not for those gullible rubes who were taken in by his promises. <<<

Hmm, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't help but wonder if there is something in SSS's post that might help us understand why Trump won the election.

It might come to me later.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 am

Spock wrote:Hmm, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't help but wonder if there is something in SSS's post that might help us understand why Trump won the election.
Trump won the election because enough of the gullible rubes were found in a handful of key states that allowed him to get an electoral vote majority despite receiving three million fewer votes than Hillary.

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Spock wrote:Hmm, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I can't help but wonder if there is something in SSS's post that might help us understand why Trump won the election.
Trump won the election because enough of the gullible rubes were found in a handful of key states that allowed him to get an electoral vote majority despite receiving three million fewer votes than Hillary.
Yes, it was all those deplorables!!!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#10 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mr. Tom Perez, please, please, please put SSS in charge of voter outreach in the Red States.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

We made need another wall. Trump is rattling sabers at our highly dangerous neighbor to the north, the Canadians. I wasn't aware but he'd been sparring with the Canadians for a few days, but he's now turned to his bully pulpit, Twitter:
"Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 01261.html

Before Spock gets into a tizzy, I will admit I don't know much about the details of this problem, but, just based on the history of the last three months, I would guess that Trump doesn't either and that he's just shooting from the hip. In any event, I don't think Trump would really want to tangle with Justin Trudeau in a battle of wits or guts. Or the result may well be another one of those huuuuuge triumphs that the Fake News outlets lie about.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:We made need another wall. Trump is rattling sabers at our highly dangerous neighbor to the north, the Canadians. I wasn't aware but he'd been sparring with the Canadians for a few days, but he's now turned to his bully pulpit, Twitter:
"Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!"

Before Spock gets into a tizzy, I will admit I don't know much about the details of this problem, but, just based on the history of the last three months, I would guess that Trump doesn't either and that he's just shooting from the hip. In any event, I don't think Trump would really want to tangle with Justin Trudeau in a battle of wits or guts. Or the result may well be another one of those huuuuuge triumphs that the Fake News outlets lie about.
Didn't the Commerce Department just impose tariffs on imports of Canadian softwood lumber? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#13 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:21 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:We made need another wall. Trump is rattling sabers at our highly dangerous neighbor to the north, the Canadians. I wasn't aware but he'd been sparring with the Canadians for a few days, but he's now turned to his bully pulpit, Twitter:
That's a threat, but here's a real action:

Trump Plans To Impose Tariff On Imports of Canadian Softwood Lumber
silverscreenselect wrote:In any event, I don't think Trump would really want to tangle with Justin Trudeau in a battle of wits or guts. Or the result may well be another one of those huuuuuge triumphs that the Fake News outlets lie about.
That's the same Trudeau who had the gall to say (in the White House!) that Syrian refugees are welcome in Canada.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

TheConfessor

#14 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

At least a wall on the border between Canada and Wisconsin would be very affordable.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am

Let's add another one to the list of Mr. Bluster's Backdowns (which sounds like a tongue twister).

Yesterday afternoon, we have a threat to pull out of NAFTA, followed by a wimpy phone call to the leaders of Mexico and Canada saying "never mind."

Is there a world leader anywhere or a member of Congress anywhere who hasn't figured out by now that Trump is all talk and no backbone. Simply take a hard line and he'll back down and figure out ways to (A) claim some kind of huuuuuuge victory and (B) blame Obama, the Democrats, and/or the Fake Media.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I've got a great idea: Trump should pay for the wall out of his own pocket and send Mexico the bill.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#17 Post by Estonut » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I've got a great idea:
If that were true, you'd have the scoop of the century...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx