Transcript 04/25/2017 Corey Manchester

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 04/25/2017 Corey Manchester

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Corey Manchester
San Diego, CA

$500 :
Cassiopeia, the mythological Greek queen known for her vanity, was often depicted holding what accessory?
A: Mirror B: Yoga mat
C: Purse dog D: Selfie stick
Spoiler
A: Mirror
$1000 :
Launched in 2016, the world's largest passenger ship, Princess Cruises' 227,000-ton Harmony of the Seas, boasts all but which of these amenities?
A: Ice rink B: Water slide park
C: 1,380-seat theater D: 10,000-acre wild game preserve
Spoiler
D: 10,000-acre wild game preserve
$2000 :
Though scientists aren't exactly sure why, according to WebMD, an estimated 20-25% of people are immune to what common self-inflicted ailment?
A: Hay fever B: Hangover
C: Nearsightedness D: Arthritis
Spoiler
B: Hangover

$3000 :
Even more difficult than 7-10 "bed posts," the 4-6-7-9-10 "Greek church" is said to be the most difficult challenge in what sport?
A: Bowling B: Diving
C: Polo D: Gymnastics
Spoiler
A: Bowling

$5000 :
The 2014 Wes Anderson film "The Grand Budapest Hotel" took place in the fictional nation of Zubrowka, NOT, as its title implies, in the capital of what?
A: Poland B: Hungary
C: Latvia D: Belarus
Spoiler
B: Hungary

$7000 :
Partly because half of it's imported in gas-guzzling vehicles, what methane-producing animal is said to have the largest carbon footprint per kilogram of any eaten in the U.S.?
A: Lobster B: Lamb
C: Salmon D: Duck
50/50
50/50 left A and B
Spoiler
B: Lamb
Second break

$10K :
Triumphing in 1994 at age 21, hearing-impaired Heather Whitestone was credited with being the first person with a disability to win what?
A: An Oscar for Best Actress B: The Miss America pageant
C: The Nobel Peace Prize D: Wimbledon
+1
Corey said he does not think it is A or C, but knows little about tennis and does not want to go out this early
+1 is his little brother Patrick who said he would not be much help but his gut is also Miss America.
When they answered, Chris Harrison said if only we had a host of the Miss America pageant around here.
Spoiler
B: The Miss America pageant

QotD: In the 1960s, the FBI conducted an investigation into the unintelligible lyrics of what popular song?
A: Light My Fire B: A Whiter Shade of Pale
C: Wild Thing D: Louie Louie
QotD
D: Louie Louie

$20K :
Unrelated to sex or gender, the words "manager," "manufacture" and "mandate" all derive from the Latin word for what?
A: Vote B: Hand
C: Money D: Machine
Spoiler
B: Hand
Corey will return tomorrow
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 04/25/2017 Corey Manchester

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

10K: Has to be Miss A, because I'd recognize name if she'd won other 3

clivedaw

#3 Post by clivedaw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Significant goof on 1K question: The Harmony of the Seas cruise ship is owned by Royal Caribbean, NOT Princess!

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:45 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Corey Manchester
San Diego, CA
Nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 am

$2000 :
Though scientists aren't exactly sure why, according to WebMD, an estimated 20-25% of people are immune to what common self-inflicted ailment?
A: Hay fever B: Hangover
C: Nearsightedness D: Arthritis

Spoiler
B: Hangover
I thought I was one of them and overdid it at a New Year's Eve party. I'm glad the party was at my BFF's home, and she let me crash (OK, ordered me to) in the spare bedroom. And I woke up with a crashing hangover.

$3000 :
Even more difficult than 7-10 "bed posts," the 4-6-7-9-10 "Greek church" is said to be the most difficult challenge in what sport?
A: Bowling B: Diving
C: Polo D: Gymnastics

Spoiler
A: Bowling

I don't know how you could pick this one up. Or leave it, for that matter. Well, LB could probably leave it. I'll bet good money he couldn't pick it up.
$20K :
Unrelated to sex or gender, the words "manager," "manufacture" and "mandate" all derive from the Latin word for what?
A: Vote B: Hand
C: Money D: Machine

Spoiler
B: Hand
Mano a mano is hand to hand combat. Except these days, usage seems to add knives, firearms, pitchforks .. .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

andrewjackson

#6 Post by andrewjackson » Wed May 24, 2017 11:39 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Mano a mano is hand to hand combat. Except these days, usage seems to add knives, firearms, pitchforks .. .
What drives me crazy is all the people that say "mano y mano". Hand and hand doesn't have same connotation.

Sort of like "cajones" which means drawers, like a chest of drawers, not a part of the male anatomy which is koh-hoe-nayz.
No matter where you go, there you are.