Machete attack at Kentucky university

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Machete attack at Kentucky university

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) - Transylvania University is on high alert after an on-campus attack.

Police said a former student entered Jazzman's Cafe on campus armed with a machete and a bag full of knives shortly before 9 a.m. Friday.

Witnesses said he yelled, "The day of reckoning is here!"

He then pulled out the machete and attacked a female student, according to police. She was sent to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

One witness implied the attack may have been political.

"He asked the first girl if she was a Democrat or a Republican. She said Republican. He said okay, then asked some other girl," said Michael Soder, who witnessed the attack. "By that time, some of my friends were running out and yelling for us to leave, and I tried to stay behind to see if -- I mean I didn't know what to do, I wanted to help, but I knew I should get out of there."

Lexington police say campus officers were on top of the situation and had the suspect subdued before he could harm more people. Police now have the suspect in custody.

Classes on Transylvania's campus are canceled Friday. However, counselors are available to help students as they process the traumatic event.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.