Buffalo Bills Fire GM Day After NFL Draft

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Buffalo Bills Fire GM Day After NFL Draft

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 am

Buffalo GM Doug Whaley and his entire scouting staff got the boot today. Now, I understand a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century getting rid of its general manager, especially since they also canned coach Rex Ryan at the end of the season. But to go through all of the free agency signing period and the draft (essentially setting almost the entire roster that's going to get significant playing time next season), then sticking the new guy with those decisions seems a little strange (that may be expected from a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1927 ... al-manager
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Buffalo Bills Fire GM Day After NFL Draft

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:58 am

I have been a fan for more than 40 years. I am beyond being surprised by anything they do at this point. However, if I had a dollar for every sigh they have induced...

Here's another...

<sigh>

The selections were made by the new head coach, no doubt...they are all his type of players. You would think they already have a good idea who the new GM might be (although they would still need to go through with the interview process for appearances sake) and is someone who would be on board with the coach's game plan for drafting. If not....hoo boy....there will continue to be no "fun" in the dysFUNctional Bills.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:57 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:I have been a fan for more than 40 years. I am beyond being surprised by anything they do at this point. However, if I had a dollar for every sigh they have induced...

Here's another...

<sigh>

The selections were made by the new head coach, no doubt...they are all his type of players. You would think they already have a good idea who the new GM might be (although they would still need to go through with the interview process for appearances sake) and is someone who would be on board with the coach's game plan for drafting. If not....hoo boy....there will continue to be no "fun" in the dysFUNctional Bills.
T-Bone --

I guarantee this... you are going to LOVE Dion Dawkins.

Love him. Love him.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:21 pm

I wish similar news was coming out of Houston. Our GM is the worst.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#5 Post by Vandal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:I wish similar news was coming out of Houston. Our GM is the worst.
The Patriots had no first or second round picks this draft and their QB will be 40. I sense a down year coming.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Pastor Fireball

#6 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 am

Vandal wrote:The Patriots had no first or second round picks this draft and their QB will be 40. I sense a down year coming.
Roger Goodell would never let that happen. Just look at the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl a couple of months ago. Goodell would never let his golden boy fail. He loves Tom Brady like John Madden loves Brett Favre.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 am

mellytu74 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:I have been a fan for more than 40 years. I am beyond being surprised by anything they do at this point. However, if I had a dollar for every sigh they have induced...

Here's another...

<sigh>

T-Bone --

I guarantee this... you are going to LOVE Dion Dawkins.

Love him. Love him.

At this point I'd settle for a strong fondness :P
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am

Vandal wrote:
BackInTex wrote:I wish similar news was coming out of Houston. Our GM is the worst.
The Patriots had no first or second round picks this draft and their QB will be 40. I sense a down year coming.

Yeah, in 2037.

As much as I'd like your intuition to be accurate, I fear he is the football version of Dorian Gray.

Somewhere in his locker is a football card with a picture of a very wrinkly and grey Tom Brady.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck