Coming Friday -- A Good Player!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

#26 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 am

Spoiler
He's today's third contestant, and he seems to be a better contestant than the first two, one of whom walks with an unused lifeline and the other leaves with all his lifelines unused.
Billy Bush gets roses from one of the contestants, all of whom are men.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#27 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Spoiler
He's today's third contestant, and he seems to be a better contestant than the first two, one of whom walks with an unused lifeline and the other leaves with all his lifelines unused.
Was he expecting Meredith?

themanintheseersuckersuit

#28 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Spoiler
Was he expecting Meredith?

Has anyone noticed that I am enjoying the power of being able to watch the show, before going to work? Sadly next week I will probably be too busy with work. And I am going to limit myself to teasers, not spoilers.
Last edited by themanintheseersuckersuit on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

MarleysGh0st

#29 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:32 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote: Has anyone noticed that I am enjoyed to power of being able to watch the show, before going to work? Sadly next week I will probably be too busy with work. And I am going to limit myself to teasers, not spoilers.
Yes, I noticed you're enjoying the teasers way too much! :P

peacock2121

Re: A wee bit of a hook

#30 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:49 am

MKearney wrote:Ed, you might remember me better as the young guy on the second-place team from that Maryland tournament. As far as hooks go, I suppose I'm pretty personable...but I don't deny the much more interesting fact, that I'm the world's youngest college graduate. However, that has nothing to do with WHY I was picked, because the contestant coordinators didn't learn of that fact until after I had gotten the call.
This is what people around here don't always get. What is talked about on the show is not always what was talked about in the interview.

The "I'm pretty personable" had me giggle.

megaaddict

#31 Post by megaaddict » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:49 am

gsabc wrote:It is surely no coincidence that the May sweeps start today. What may be surprising is the apparent lack of publicity.
(Spoiler contains info on today's show.)
Spoiler
Perhaps it's no coincidence, either, that the entire weekend is available for publicity!

Appa23

Re: A wee bit of a hook

#32 Post by Appa23 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:28 pm

MKearney wrote:Ed, you might remember me better as the young guy on the second-place team from that Maryland tournament. As far as hooks go, I suppose I'm pretty personable...but I don't deny the much more interesting fact, that I'm the world's youngest college graduate. However, that has nothing to do with WHY I was picked, because the contestant coordinators didn't learn of that fact until after I had gotten the call.
How about the cool $1,000,000 that you already won from "Gold Rush" a couple years back?

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm guessing Michael Kearney is a military brat, based on how often he moved and where he moved to.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#34 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I'm guessing Michael Kearney is a military brat, based on how often he moved and where he moved to.
Is that why you've lived everywhere? :wink:

Bob Juch

#35 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:37 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I'm guessing Michael Kearney is a military brat, based on how often he moved and where he moved to.
Is that why you've lived everywhere? :wink:
No, I'm a computer brat.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

TheConfessor

#36 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:26 pm

I don't know how much of the Wikipedia article is true. It says Michael was born in Paterson, NJ. On today's show, Michael said he was born in Hawaii.

I just viewed today's episode.
Spoiler
So far, so good. He looks strong, but who knows what will happen?

christie1111
11:11

#37 Post by christie1111 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:22 am

Michael said he was born in Hawaii.
Michael, where? I grew up on Kauai.

Someone speculated that your family was military (I don't think the brat phrase is a nice one) so I am going to guess Oahu.

I am going to tape Monday's show. Haven't really been doing that lately but make exceptions for people who post here.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"