Interesting recall - alcohol can make you sick

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Interesting recall - alcohol can make you sick

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 am

The headline I originally saw made me say, "what did you expect?" but upon going to the source document, it makes sense.

This is out of Canada - "Food Recall Warning - Bombay Sapphire brand London Dry Gin may be unsafe due to high alcohol content."

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-the-c ... 3776863650

It actually is quite legit - turns out they bottled the spirits too early (didn't dilute the product), and the 80 proof gin was more like 154 proof. I'm not sure what kind of martini that will make, but it'll certainly give you a kick!

I have petitioned the Canadian government to send me some of the bottles for further analysis, but I don't expect an answer.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

silverscreenselect

Re: Interesting recall - alcohol can make you sick

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 03, 2017 8:06 am

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
It actually is quite legit - turns out they bottled the spirits too early (didn't dilute the product), and the 80 proof gin was more like 154 proof. I'm not sure what kind of martini that will make, but it'll certainly give you a kick!
Drink one of those and you'll be shaken and stirred.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Pastor Fireball

Re: Interesting recall - alcohol can make you sick

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 am

SpacemanSpiff wrote:It actually is quite legit - turns out they bottled the spirits too early (didn't dilute the product), and the 80 proof gin was more like 154 proof. I'm not sure what kind of martini that will make, but it'll certainly give you a kick!
With the American-Canadian conversion rate, 77% alcohol might qualify as "Canadian moonshine".
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)