United passenger told to pee in a cup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

United passenger told to pee in a cup

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 am

http://abc7ny.com/travel/woman-told-to- ... t/1975777/

HOUSTON, Texas -- Another day, another claim of passengers being treated poorly by airline employees.

This time, a passenger says she was told to pee in a cup during a recent United Airlines flight from Houston to Kansas City.

Nicole Harper was on a flight home when she had to use the bathroom. She said she's had an overactive bladder her entire life and told flight attendants about her condition. But when the mother of two tried to use the bathroom while the "fasten seat belt" light was on, she was told no.

Instead, Harper said she was given a cup.

"They handed me the cup which was about this big," Harper told a reporter, holding her fingers a couple inches apart.

"So, I said 'I'm going to need a second cup.' It's a completely humiliating situation. There's people all around. Strangers. They just didn't understand that I really did not have any control over this situation. They need to focus a little bit more on their paying customers and have more customer service."

United Airlines said it is in contact with Nicole and is investigating the situation.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: United passenger told to pee in a cup

#2 Post by Estonut » Wed May 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Did you watch the video in your bullshit story?

She said, "So I said, well, I'm going to need to, you know, use the restroom or I'm gonna need a cup." The first 4 paragraphs of your story directly contradict her version in the video.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 10, 2017 1:05 pm

From the headline, I thought they had instituted drug testing for all passengers.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Wed May 10, 2017 5:42 pm

It sounded like they were on approach. Sometimes in mid flight when the "stay in your seat" light is on, they will give a little but not on approach. Even so, someone who has such a medical issue should wear a depends or something when they are in situations where they may be prevented from going on demand for extended amounts of time such as on planes. You never know how long you will need to stay seated. And the "stay in your seat" is not just for your safety but the safety of everyone else. This lady needs a reality check.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Here's a different, more comprehensive report:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/10/united-fli ... -in-a-cup/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.