WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4047
Tiffany Knorr
Tucson, AZ

Was in the US Navy and has been out for a while

$500 :
Which of these does NOT appear on Georgetown University's list of possible areas of practice for its law students?
A: Corporate Law B: International Trade Law
C: Trusts and Estates Law D: Jude Law

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Jude Law


$1000 :
Catering to the 80% of women who do it when they get married, I'm a Mrs. and HitchSwitch are two companies that assist with what?
A: Having a nervous breakdown B: Changing your last name
C: Adopting a wild tiger D: Training to be an astronaut

[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: Changing your last name


$2000 :
Bloomberg says that thanks to healthier diets and the lead crisis in Flint, MI, in 2016 what would outsell soda in the U.S. for the first time?
A: Bottled water B: Chocolate milk
C: Red Bull D: Moonshine

[Reveal] Spoiler:
A: Bottled water


$3000 :
Like Sherlock Holmes, which of these famous inventors had an assistant with the surname Watson?
A: Thomas Edison B: Guglielmo Marconi
C: Philo T. Farnsworth D: Alexander Graham Bell

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 37% B: 5%
C: 6% D: 52%


[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Alexander Graham Bell


$5000 :
According to Time magazine, what's the ratio of cookie-to-creme in a classic Oreo?
A: 32% cookie, 68% creme B: 52% cookie, 48% creme
C: 71% cookie, 29% creme D: 92% cookie, 8% creme

[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 left B or C
Tiffany said in a classic Oreo, it's not the Double Stuf.


[Reveal] Spoiler:
C: 71% cookie, 29% creme



$7000 :
Which "Girls" star is a daughter of the award-winning playwright known for works like "Speed-the-Plow" and "Glengarry Glen Ross"?
A: Allison Williams B: Jemima Kirke
C: Lena Dunham D: Zosia Mamet

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Zach her friend from the Navy had no idea, neither does she
Nothing to lose
Guess: C


[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Zosia Mamet

Tiffany left with $5000


Third break

QotD:
Proving that entertaining a child doesn't have to be expensive, which of these basic moving supplies has been inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame?
A: Cardboard box B: Packing peanuts
C: Duct tape D: Scissors

[Reveal] Spoiler:
A: Cardboard box


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6306
So far so good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12231
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Tiffany Knorr
Tucson, AZ

Was in the US Navy and has been out for a while


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$5000 :
According to Time magazine, what's the ratio of cookie-to-creme in a classic Oreo?
A: 32% cookie, 68% creme B: 52% cookie, 48% creme
C: 71% cookie, 29% creme D: 92% cookie, 8% creme
[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 left B or C
Tiffany said in a classic Oreo, it's not the Double Stuf.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
C: 71% cookie, 29% creme

Or the Oreo Thins, my personal favorite.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7000 :
Which "Girls" star is a daughter of the award-winning playwright known for works like "Speed-the-Plow" and "Glengarry Glen Ross"?
A: Allison Williams B: Jemima Kirke
C: Lena Dunham D: Zosia Mamet
[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Zach her friend from the Navy had no idea, neither does she
Nothing to lose
Guess: C

[Reveal] Spoiler:
D: Zosia Mamet

Tiffany left with $5000

David Mamet is the playwright, so unless there are shenanigans afoot, D is the answer.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheConfessor and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.