Various weird stuff in my life.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

Various weird stuff in my life.

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:03 am

For thems who care.

I haven't been able to be hear as much as I like because my leg has been bothering me to sit. I thought it was sciatic pain, but I'm not a doc so I went to a doc for a checkup yesterday.

He says it is not sciatic but he believes it is some sort of nerve issue. He took blood to rule out vitamin deficiencies or other causes, but I think he is going to send me to a neurologist for an MRI and to poke me with pins and stuff. I will find out probably Monday.

Oh, and today I was quoted in the NYTs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/24/sport ... ei=5087%0A

Too weird.

nitrah55

#2 Post by nitrah55 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:11 am

I care. Hope it is just a passing thing.

Cool about the Times.

BackInTex

Re: Various weird stuff in my life.

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:13 am

Bixby17 wrote:For thems who care.

I haven't been able to be hear as much as I like because my leg has been bothering me to sit. I thought it was sciatic pain, but I'm not a doc so I went to a doc for a checkup yesterday.

He says it is not sciatic but he believes it is some sort of nerve issue. He took blood to rule out vitamin deficiencies or other causes, but I think he is going to send me to a neurologist for an MRI and to poke me with pins and stuff. I will find out probably Monday.

Too weird.
Did you go to a Chriopractor Doc or an MD Doc? I've found that MD Docs won't diagnos sciatic problems and refuse to consider structural (spinal) issues. They don't believe in Chiropractics. They's rather poke, medicate, and cut.

I had sciatic problems in '97 (could not sit, could not lay, could not relax, felt like I needed to stretch but it did not good) and did not listen to my wife who is the child of an MD about Chiroprators being quacks and went anyway. Best decision I ever made, medical decision anyway.
Last edited by BackInTex on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bixby17

#4 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 am

nitrah55 wrote:I care. Hope it is just a passing thing.

Cool about the Times.
The doctor didn't seem to be very concerned about it.

It was good that it wasn't a blood clot.

The Huge Manatee
Merry Man

#5 Post by The Huge Manatee » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:14 am

Stephanie Stradley, a legal expert who has written and lectured on contractual indemnification law and writes a sports blog for AOL, reviewed the agreement Wednesday.
w00t!

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:16 am

I care. Sounds a lot like what's bothered me for years.

If he's doing a general blood test, ask if the alkaline phosphatase levels are normal.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:16 am

I hope that your leg issue isn't anything serious.

Bixby17

#8 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 am

BackInTex wrote:

Too weird.
Did you go to a Chriopractor Doc or an MD Doc? I've found that MD Docs won't diagnos sciatic problems and refuse to consider structural (spinal) issues. They don't believe in Chiropractics. They's rather poke, medicate, and cut.

I had sciatic problems in '97 (could not sit, could not lay, could not relax, felt like I needed to stretch but it did not good) and did not listen to my wife who is the child of an MD about Chiroprators being quacks and went anyway. Best decision I ever made, medical decision anyway.
He believes in sciatic problems, but he said that my issue was too localized to be sciatic. He believes it is something related to the paroneal nerve, and there can be lots of things that can be causing the problem.

It is not bad, but it is a little uncomfortable and it is not the way it is supposed to feel.

Bixby17

#9 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:I care. Sounds a lot like what's bothered me for years.

If he's doing a general blood test, ask if the alkaline phosphatase levels are normal.
I am not sure what blood tests they are doing, other than they took a boat load of my blood.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#10 Post by kayrharris » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:46 am

I hope they get to the root of the problem and that it is easily treatable.
Not knowing the problem is the worst. Good luck!
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:46 am

I kept reading this and wondering what your leg has to do with your hearing!

I finally got it.

I care as well.

Hoping your tests reveal something quick and easy to cure.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:52 am

I also hope you get some relief soon. Pain is not our friend, whatever anyone says...

Awesome that you're now a quoted expert! Whoo hoo!
Well, then

Catfish

#13 Post by Catfish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:02 am

I hope the leg problem goes away soon. Way cool about the NYT!!
Catfish

Bixby17

#14 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 am

peacock2121 wrote:

I finally got it.

I care as well.

Duh. I don't know why I have such a problem with homophones when I type quickly. That and verb endings. It drives me nuts.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#15 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Woo! Quoted in the New York Times! Again, I say Woo! And I'll add a Hoo! to the Woo!

Way cool!

Feel better. Soon.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

wbtravis007

#16 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Bixby17 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:

I finally got it.

I care as well.

Duh. I don't know why I have such a problem with homophones when I type quickly. That and verb endings. It drives me nuts.
I had one of those once. The dang thing seemed to manage to somehow get itself put in places where I'd end up sitting on it, and seemed to be trying to get into my pants at inappropriate times.

Sorry about your health problems. I'm guessing that you won't take this recommendation, but if you do, I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll feel forever grateful to me. I was skeptical, despite the word-of-mouth and recommendations by people of all ages and varieties, whom I personally knew to be salt-of-the-earth, sensible people.

http://www.theacupunctureclinic.us/mast ... erthai.htm

I'm not skeptical now. The guy's a miracle worker. I don't refer to him as "My Master" for nothing.