RIP Powers Boothe

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Powers Boothe

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 pm

One of the better villains in movies and television, recently appeared on Nashville and Marvel's Agents of Shield.

Age 68.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/powers-boothe-dead-68/

One of his more over-the-top roles in Sudden Death:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Powers Boothe

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 am

I was really sorry to read this and don't know how I missed it in mainstream news, even the news feed I get when I log out of Hotmail. I think there were still some good roles in his future. Modern medicine seems to have a handle on most forms of cancer, but not pancreatic cancer. The article I read about it made it appear that it's impossible to diagnose in early enough stages to fight it.

My favorite Boothe role was Jim Jones. A review called it a tour de force, and I have to agree with that. I also thought he was great in Emerald Forest and as "some Roman" (Flavius Aetius, I had to look it up) in Attilla. Calling him "some Roman" got me chewed out by Wintergreen, who said that if Flavius had been in charge of Rome's military instead of some brainless emperor, Attila woulda been six feet under by sunrise. That's not exactly what he said, you get the idea. Anyway, Boothe always delivered, including his role as one of the Red Sashes in Tombstone. I would watch that one again just to fast forward to his role and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. I've never watched an episode of 24, but if there's a marathon this fall or winter, I'll look in now that I know Boothe has a starring role.

Thanks for posting this, S3.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I was really sorry to read this and don't know how I missed it in mainstream news, even the news feed I get when I log out of Hotmail. I think there were still some good roles in his future. Modern medicine seems to have a handle on most forms of cancer, but not pancreatic cancer. The article I read about it made it appear that it's impossible to diagnose in early enough stages to fight it.

My favorite Boothe role was Jim Jones. A review called it a tour de force, and I have to agree with that. I also thought he was great in Emerald Forest and as "some Roman" (Flavius Aetius, I had to look it up) in Attilla. Calling him "some Roman" got me chewed out by Wintergreen, who said that if Flavius had been in charge of Rome's military instead of some brainless emperor, Attila woulda been six feet under by sunrise. That's not exactly what he said, you get the idea. Anyway, Boothe always delivered, including his role as one of the Red Sashes in Tombstone. I would watch that one again just to fast forward to his role and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. I've never watched an episode of 24, but if there's a marathon this fall or winter, I'll look in now that I know Boothe has a starring role.

Thanks for posting this, S3.
RIP

The Tombstone Cowboys never wore red shashes.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 am

Sadly for him, the form of pancreatic Steve Jobs had was said to be one of the few treatable forms, if caught early enough. They did catch it early enough, but he chose to treat it w/ new-agey stuff & positive thinking instead of tested medicine. Until it got to be later stage.

Pancreatic got my sister's ex longtime boyfriend, only when I was told about it I was told it was intestinal cancer because of where it traveled. They often don't catch it 'til it travels.