Episode Air Date

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
AndyO92

Episode Air Date

#1 Post by AndyO92 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:20 pm

After months of silence, I've finally gotten my airdate of Friday, March 17! Check your local listings to see Bob78164 in action.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Episode Air Date

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Will I be called? If called, did I help? Hurt? Tune in and see, and wish Andrew retroactive good luck. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#3 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Good to have some BAM-related news around here. Good luck, Andy!
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Will I be called? If called, did I help? Hurt? Tune in and see, and wish Andrew retroactive good luck. --Bob
If you were on his PAF list, I'd say the odds are pretty high that you weren't called.

Now, if you went to Vegas to be his +1...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:26 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Will I be called? If called, did I help? Hurt? Tune in and see, and wish Andrew retroactive good luck. --Bob
If you were on his PAF list, I'd say the odds are pretty high that you weren't called.

Now, if you went to Vegas to be his +1...
I did, and used the opportunity to audition. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I did, and used the opportunity to audition. --Bob
In that case, retroactive good luck to both of you!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:39 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I did, and used the opportunity to audition. --Bob
In that case, retroactive good luck to both of you!
My post-taping result is on the Audition List. :( --Bob

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:40 pm

AndyO92 wrote:After months of silence, I've finally gotten my airdate of Friday, March 17! Check your local listings to see Bob78164 in action.
This is from your taping just after TCONA last August? I'll bet you've been taping your fingers. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
AndyO92 wrote:After months of silence, I've finally gotten my airdate of Friday, March 17! Check your local listings to see Bob78164 in action.
This is from your taping just after TCONA last August? I'll bet you've been taping your fingers. :P
That's the one. --Bob

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
That's the one. --Bob
I thought so. I didn't know his bored name. BTW, it was good seeing you again. Are you going to TCONA again this year?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: This is from your taping just after TCONA last August? I'll bet you've been taping your fingers. :P
That's the one. --Bob
I thought so. I didn't know his bored name. BTW, it was good seeing you again. Are you going to TCONA again this year?
I was only there last year because of the taping. Absent a taping, I'm skeptical I'll make it this year. --Bob

triviawayne

#12 Post by triviawayne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 am

Go get that money!!!

kerryoakie

#13 Post by kerryoakie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am

Can't wait to see how you did, green room buddy!

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for my call...

Now a serious question: Who was the person that called you--your producer, local affiliate, etc? I'm going to be in Japan again the last 2 weeks of March and won't be able to use my phone at all. I might get voicemails when I have WiFi in the hotel, but won't be able to respond to them. I have a sinking feeling that I'll be getting the call when I'm there and will have no way of knowing it, especially since everything WWTBAM-related has happened during or around my international travel schedule.

henrix77

#14 Post by henrix77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Kerry, Kyle here (also part of "Water Pipe Burst Class of 2016"). I can't speak for Andrew, but I suspect he got the exact same email I did. No call of any kind, just an email giving us the entire week's schedule of shows and who appears on them. I'm Thursday/Friday, Andrew follows me directly. My guess is that it's a pretty standard practice for them to send out that email every Monday with the week's schedule for 2 weeks from that Monday. Just my $.02.

Now, to somewhat hijack the thread, anyone know of a good place to obtain a digital copy of the show? I can't DVR it, as the St. Louis market never did come to an agreement with Millionaire. So as of now, I have no way to watch my own show (absent driving a little more than an hour to the next market). Really stinks as I own a restaurant/bar, and was planning a big viewing party. Anyone have any thoughts?

kerryoakie

#15 Post by kerryoakie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks, Kyle! That definitely calms my nerves a little...

I know on J! Board, there are a few members in the Millionaire thread that are willing to tape and upload an archival quality video to a Google Drive. Might be worth a shot checking it out.

triviawayne

#16 Post by triviawayne » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:02 pm

henrix77 wrote:Kerry, Kyle here (also part of "Water Pipe Burst Class of 2016"). I can't speak for Andrew, but I suspect he got the exact same email I did. No call of any kind, just an email giving us the entire week's schedule of shows and who appears on them. I'm Thursday/Friday, Andrew follows me directly. My guess is that it's a pretty standard practice for them to send out that email every Monday with the week's schedule for 2 weeks from that Monday. Just my $.02.

Now, to somewhat hijack the thread, anyone know of a good place to obtain a digital copy of the show? I can't DVR it, as the St. Louis market never did come to an agreement with Millionaire. So as of now, I have no way to watch my own show (absent driving a little more than an hour to the next market). Really stinks as I own a restaurant/bar, and was planning a big viewing party. Anyone have any thoughts?
It'll be on youtube within a couple of weeks. Someone out there posts a week at a time. I don't know how they get away with it, I can't even post a few minutes of my episode of MSQ without it being taken down.

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 pm

henrix77 wrote:Kerry, Kyle here (also part of "Water Pipe Burst Class of 2016"). I can't speak for Andrew, but I suspect he got the exact same email I did. No call of any kind, just an email giving us the entire week's schedule of shows and who appears on them. I'm Thursday/Friday, Andrew follows me directly. My guess is that it's a pretty standard practice for them to send out that email every Monday with the week's schedule for 2 weeks from that Monday. Just my $.02.

I can do a transfer from my TiVo to my PC if it's not protected. I've done it before but don't know if it's now protected. I'll check.

henrix77

#18 Post by henrix77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm

That would be wonderful, I appreciate you being willing, even if it doesn't work. Thanks!

AndyO92

#19 Post by AndyO92 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 pm

If you happen to be recording that week anyways Bob, it'd be immensely appreciated if you could get my episode as well. I don't have any way of capturing it at the moment (maybe I can upgrade after the check arrives).

Henrix77 is correct. I got an email around 4:30EST Monday, and had to reply letting them know I received it. Recognized his name on there didn't want to break any news on his behalf!

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 am

AndyO92 wrote:If you happen to be recording that week anyways Bob, it'd be immensely appreciated if you could get my episode as well. I don't have any way of capturing it at the moment (maybe I can upgrade after the check arrives).

Henrix77 is correct. I got an email around 4:30EST Monday, and had to reply letting them know I received it. Recognized his name on there didn't want to break any news on his behalf!
I can do both easily. I checked and the shows are still unprotected.

I'll create them in MP4 format which should work on any platform.

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:55 am

Kerry, I was in the same boat when my episodes aired. I spoke with my PA, and she was kind enough to make sure I got a tape of my shows on the same day they aired. Not sure if they will still do that, but its certainly worth asking about. Best of luck (retroactively)!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

lilclyde54

#22 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:19 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:Good to have some BAM-related news around here. Good luck, Andy!
Total agreement on this. Because I steadfastly avoid political discussion, it is hard to find something to comment on here these days.

Good Luck Andy.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 am

tlynn78 wrote:

Kerry, I was in the same boat when my episodes aired. I spoke with my PA, and she was kind enough to make sure I got a tape of my shows on the same day they aired. Not sure if they will still do that, but its certainly worth asking about. Best of luck (retroactively)!
What's a tape, lady?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

kerryoakie

#24 Post by kerryoakie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:45 am

tlynn78 wrote:Kerry, I was in the same boat when my episodes aired. I spoke with my PA, and she was kind enough to make sure I got a tape of my shows on the same day they aired. Not sure if they will still do that, but its certainly worth asking about. Best of luck (retroactively)!
Well, I'll just have to wait and see if I get the email about my air date any time soon. I have no evidence other than my woman's intuition that it's going to air during the last 2 weeks of March when I'm waaaay out of the country. They were really accommodating when I was in Japan around the time I was supposed to tape, so I would hope they would try to help a sister out. At this rate of radio silence from the WWTBAM people, I'm beginning to doubt that I even was on the show and it was just an elaborate Ambien-fueled jet lag dream.

tlynn78

#25 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 am

Estonut wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

What's a tape, lady?

LMAO - it was a little while ago, okay? Sheesh. I actually almost typed dvd - then remembered...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire