The dissemination of fake news

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

The dissemination of fake news

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Saw this on facebook, accompanied with all the vulgar comments. So I decided to check it out myself.
Of course, the MSM picked it up, and they all go wild!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... y-48485117

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ha ... tch-632808

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ta-1018999

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/06/president ... irst-lady/

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/ne ... handshake/

Here's what really happened.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18331/mor ... en-shapiro

Just one more day in the world of fake news. Can't wait to hear all the lame excuses by the trump-haters.

PS, Look at the pitiful 'update' on the newsweek story. The real update should have said that 'we got it from the internet, it looked bad for trump, so we put it out. Then someone told us to look at the whole thing. But that's ok, We got the message out.'
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

Re: The dissemination of fake news

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Saw this on facebook, accompanied with all the vulgar comments. So I decided to check it out myself.
Of course, the MSM picked it up, and they all go wild!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... y-48485117

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ha ... tch-632808

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ta-1018999

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/06/president ... irst-lady/

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/ne ... handshake/

Here's what really happened.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18331/mor ... en-shapiro

Just one more day in the world of fake news. Can't wait to hear all the lame excuses by the trump-haters.

PS, Look at the pitiful 'update' on the newsweek story. The real update should have said that 'we got it from the internet, it looked bad for trump, so we put it out. Then someone told us to look at the whole thing. But that's ok, We got the message out.'
Bless their hearts.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:25 am

Poland's first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda either intentionally or accidentally avoided shaking the president's hand Thursday while at a ceremony.
He went in to shake the hand of Poland's First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda, but she walked right past him to instead greet Melania Trump.
Trump's handshake with Prez Duda went off without a hitch -- but when he extended a hand to First Lady Agata ... things got chilly. Agata passed up Trump's hand -- you can almost hear her say, "Psych!" -- and instead greeted Melania. Total humiliation. It was only momentary -- Agata did eventually shake his hand, but the embarrassment was written all over Trump's face.
During a visit to Warsaw on July 6, President Trump was left hanging when Poland's first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda appeared to pass over his first offer for a handshake and turned to his wife Melania instead.
She then moved with an extended hand toward Melania, but Trump, standing nearer, thought the handshake was for him again and reached out to Kornhauser-Duda. He flashed a somewhat startled and disappointed look when the Polish president's wife shook Melania's hand, not his. Quickly sizing up the situation, Kornhauser-Duda gave Trump a second handshake and he gave her a pardoning smile.
No, I thought the articles covered this quite well. Trump makes a big game out of power handshakes. You might choose to believe that the Polish first lady wasn't aware that Trump was there with his hand extended or you might choose to believe that she decided not to play his game. And, she got the point across; he was embarrassed.

For those that live in the world of Trumpsplain like Flock, it's another example of fake news. For the rest of us, including everyone in Poland who happened to see the video, it's an example of how the real world, not just the "biased" US mainstream media, views Trump.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:37 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Poland's first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda either intentionally or accidentally avoided shaking the president's hand Thursday while at a ceremony.
He went in to shake the hand of Poland's First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda, but she walked right past him to instead greet Melania Trump.
Trump's handshake with Prez Duda went off without a hitch -- but when he extended a hand to First Lady Agata ... things got chilly. Agata passed up Trump's hand -- you can almost hear her say, "Psych!" -- and instead greeted Melania. Total humiliation. It was only momentary -- Agata did eventually shake his hand, but the embarrassment was written all over Trump's face.
During a visit to Warsaw on July 6, President Trump was left hanging when Poland's first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda appeared to pass over his first offer for a handshake and turned to his wife Melania instead.
She then moved with an extended hand toward Melania, but Trump, standing nearer, thought the handshake was for him again and reached out to Kornhauser-Duda. He flashed a somewhat startled and disappointed look when the Polish president's wife shook Melania's hand, not his. Quickly sizing up the situation, Kornhauser-Duda gave Trump a second handshake and he gave her a pardoning smile.
No, I thought the articles covered this quite well. Trump makes a big game out of power handshakes. You might choose to believe that the Polish first lady wasn't aware that Trump was there with his hand extended or you might choose to believe that she decided not to play his game. And, she got the point across; he was embarrassed.

For those that live in the world of Trumpsplain like Flock, it's another example of fake news. For the rest of us, including everyone in Poland who happened to see the video, it's an example of how the real world, not just the "biased" US mainstream media, views Trump.
Right, SSS. What's Trumpsplain? Did that come from some focus group test?
What would you know about the real world?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:09 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
More than you since I don't let Hannity and company do my thinking for me. How many right wing websites did you have to go to before you figured out this last post of yours?

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:08 pm

More than you since I don't let Hannity and company do my thinking for me. How many right wing websites did you have to go to before you figured out this last post of yours?
I don't go to right wing websites, SSS. But I'll bet that you live in the world of movies and left wing websites, don't you?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Liberal website Snopes is honest enough to say "the rest of you" are full of crap.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: But I'll bet that you live in the world of movies and left wing websites, don't you?
I am a film buff; it's a hobby that's turned into a sidelight that I make some money off of and helped me to a certain extent land my last two jobs.

But I keep my commentary on my website and Facebook and Twitter apolitical.

All I can say for you Flock is that every time you spout some line of nonsense, a quick check of right wing websites yields almost the exact same arguments word for word.

Jeemie

#9 Post by Jeemie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't go to right wing websites, SSS. But I'll bet that you live in the world of movies and left wing websites, don't you?
I always love it when people who completely and almost word for word parrot what is said on right wing websites or said on Hannity or Rush, almost immediately after it is said on those media sources, swear up and down that they "don't look at right wing websites and don't consume Hannity or Rush".

It's just a giant coincidence that Rush or Sean belch it out in their show, and a short time later it comes out of these people's mouths.
1979 City of Champions 2009

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Jeemie wrote:
I always love it when people who completely and almost word for word parrot what is said on right wing websites or said on Hannity or Rush, almost immediately after it is said on those media sources, swear up and down that they "don't look at right wing websites and don't consume Hannity or Rush".

It's just a giant coincidence that Rush or Sean belch it out in their show, and a short time later it comes out of these people's mouths.
SSS apparently watches or listens to Hannity a lot more than I do. All I can say is if you bother to check the timestamp on my post, it may prove to you I did exactly what I said I did, if you don't believe me. I don't keep track of what anyone says and when they say it, so I can't be sure. If someone on the radio or TV says something that corresponds to what I say, then, glory be, they agree with me. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I have many times in the past gave attribution to ideas or quotes I got from other sources, and unlike SSS, I am not reluctant to do so when it happens. And I don't waste my time on what you call 'right wing websites'. From what I've seen, they are as full of propaganda as left wing ones, but probably a bit less vulgar. That's all I'm going to say. If you don't believe me, fine, knock yourself out.
I explained my disdain of SSS's bullshit on another thread, and I won't repeat it here. Now I just think it's funny, pathetically trying to poke me with a pointy stick because he has no other rational argument.

mrkelley23

#11 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Estonut wrote:

Liberal website Snopes is honest enough to say "the rest of you" are full of crap.

"Liberal website?" Your source for that characterization?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:21 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: If someone on the radio or TV says something that corresponds to what I say, then, glory be, they agree with me.
Not only do they agree with you, but they're clairvoyant enough to guess what you're going to say and just get there first.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: If someone on the radio or TV says something that corresponds to what I say, then, glory be, they agree with me.
Not only do they agree with you, but they're clairvoyant enough to guess what you're going to say and just get there first.
Amazing, ain't it?

If I were as susceptible to group-think as you believe I am, I would be a liberal like you. If I could just go along with pop culture and the conventional 'wisdom', I could avoid people like you calling me racist, homophobe, islamophobe or whatever. If I could just go along with the hypocrisy and irrationality of the left, it would be so much easier. But I've always been a thinking person that questions the status quo and I just can't go along with the shallowness that is often accepted as truth these days, because it feels good to accept it. I just can't do it.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:16 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:But I've always been a thinking person that questions the status quo and I just can't go along with the shallowness that is often accepted as truth these days, because it feels good to accept it. I just can't do it.
Do you actually keep a straight face when you type stuff like this?

mrkelley23

#15 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

"Liberal website?" Your source for that characterization?
Still waiting, esto. I don't want to be hateful. I really do rely on snopes to be truthful. If you have evidence of bias, I'd really like to see it. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to rely on snopes for fact-checking.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:55 am

mrkelley23 wrote: Still waiting, esto. I don't want to be hateful. I really do rely on snopes to be truthful. If you have evidence of bias, I'd really like to see it. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to rely on snopes for fact-checking.
Typical right wing thinking. The reason Snopes finds so many of their claims false isn't because they are in fact false but because it's got a left wing liberal bias.

Back when we actually had nuanced differences of opinion between the parties on major issues, much of what the right is spouting today and expects to be taken seriously about would be dismissed out of hand by everyone as crackpot gibberish.

Buster Snopes
Myth Mashing Merry Man

#17 Post by Buster Snopes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:17 am

We at Snopes are neither liberal nor conservative. We just point out the truth.
IMPOSSUMBLE!!!!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:59 am

Buster Snopes wrote:We at Snopes are neither liberal nor conservative. We just point out the truth.
Yeah, but you also trip the light fantastic across our fence and taunt Dot. Coincidence?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:But I've always been a thinking person that questions the status quo and I just can't go along with the shallowness that is often accepted as truth these days, because it feels good to accept it. I just can't do it.
Do you actually keep a straight face when you type stuff like this?
Good comeback. Ignore the content and resort to mocking the person. Beautiful example of the liberal debating method. Another reason I just couldn't be a liberal anymore.

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:15 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Ignore the content and resort to mocking the person.
Flock, your debating style is to cover your ears and shout FAKE NEWS at the top of your lungs. Then go to Hannity and Brietbart to brush up on your debating points.

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:42 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Ignore the content and resort to mocking the person.
Flock, your debating style is to cover your ears and shout FAKE NEWS at the top of your lungs. Then go to Hannity and Brietbart to brush up on your debating points.
There you go again. (Reagan). Every time you do this it convinces me more that you have no clue about what you rail about. You are the automaton here.
Even if I did listen to Hannity or Breitbart, what makes you believe that their opinions are less valid than yours? They certainly have more fact gathering resources than you have, and have a lot more riding on their credibility than you.
And the FACT is, those 'news' sources I quoted at the top of the thread were WRONG in what they reported and WRONG to attach a false narrative to the event. That is not journalism, it is propaganda.