WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4005
Bridget Barry
Crown Heights, NY

Plans to bike from the northern tip of Alaska to the southern tip of Tierra del Fuego and needs money and a map
Chris asked to confirm that Tierra del Fuego is somewhere in Mexico and Bridget corrects him to Chile

one LL remains the +1: Jake (her boyfriend)


$7000 :
Which film director cast his own mother to say the iconic line "I'll have what she's having," in "When Harry Met Sally..."?
A: Ron Howard B: Rob Reiner
C: Garry Marshall D: James L. Brooks


[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: Rob Reiner



$10K :
Encouraging people to visit attractions like the Nobel Peace center on foot, what city has announced plans to ban cars in its downtown by 2019?
A: Copenhagen B: Oslo
C: Reykjavik D: Helsinki


[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: Oslo



$20K :
Though their running back Ed Smith was the model for the famous Heisman Trophy, which school's football team -- the Violets -- was discontinued in 1953?
A: Harvard B: NYU
C: Georgetown D: Duke

[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: NYU


First break

$30K :
Of all the muscles in an average person's body, the one that can pull with the most force is the soleus. Where is the soleus located?
A: In your neck B: In your lower leg
C: In your upper arm D: In your abdomen

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Jake said it makes him think of solar plexus in the abdomen but he is not an anatomy expert so he is not sure

She goes with his guess


[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: In your lower leg


Bridget leaves with $5000.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6230
20K: Well, I know its not Harvard. +1

30K: I probably, like contestant, would have been fooled by "solar plexus". Rigged 50/50 would have left it, too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12179
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Bridget Barry
Crown Heights, NY

Plans to bike from the northern tip of Alaska to the southern tip of Tierra del Fuego and needs money and a map
Chris asked to confirm that Tierra del Fuego is somewhere in Mexico and Bridget corrects him to Chile

one LL remains the +1: Jake (her boyfriend)


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$20K :
Though their running back Ed Smith was the model for the famous Heisman Trophy, which school's football team -- the Violets -- was discontinued in 1953?
A: Harvard B: NYU
C: Georgetown D: Duke
[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: NYU

The only one that doesn't have a team (AFAIK) is NYU.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30K :
Of all the muscles in an average person's body, the one that can pull with the most force is the soleus. Where is the soleus located?
A: In your neck B: In your lower leg
C: In your upper arm D: In your abdomen
[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Jake said it makes him think of solar plexus in the abdomen but he is not an anatomy expert so he is not sure

She goes with his guess

[Reveal] Spoiler:
B: In your lower leg

Bridget leaves with $5000.

I would try the 50:50 and hope B and D weren't the remaining answers.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.