NYC audition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

NYC audition

#1 Post by jarnon » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Road Auditions: New York, NY
Friday, June 9, 2017

PEARL STUDIOS
500 8th Ave.
New York, NY 10018
Friday, June 9, 2017

8 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Open Auditions)
1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Callbacks only)
4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Open Auditions with Callbacks to follow)

Line forms outside the building on 35th street
NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED IN LINE BEFORE 6:00 A.M.

Testing occurs approximately every 30 minutes. People will NOT be allowed to audition if they arrive after the 10:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. sessions. Audition space is limited. There are no sign-ups for our road auditions, and admission to the audition session(s) is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.

WHO CAN AUDITION
You must be 18 years of age or older. You must bring a picture ID and proof of age to your audition.
You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, and meet all eligibility requirements. For complete rules, go to Official Rules.
Please fill out and bring the completed Audition Application with you to your audition.

PEARL STUDIOS
www.pearlstudiosnyc.com

PARKING
Located within walking distance to all NYC subway lines, Penn Station and The Port Authority bus station. There are parking lots on every street near the location as well.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

Re: NYC audition

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Sun May 21, 2017 7:45 am

Bittersweet for me, as I no longer have a place to stay in NYC. And heading down overnight would put me in at 2:00am, sitting overnight in the bus or train station. Not condusive to good testing or interviewing.

goongas

#3 Post by goongas » Sun May 21, 2017 12:26 pm

I will go after work. I haven't watched the show much this season, so unless I go over transcripts, I will be going in blind in terms of the questions.

Ghost: I once went to an afternoon audition for J! in Boston, and went home the same today. You would be able to make the evening session for sure. I know, it is a lot of traveling for one day to go back and worth. Maybe they will come to a city closer to you.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Sun May 21, 2017 12:54 pm

goongas:

I considered the afternoon session, but am afraid their callbacks would be next day (as J's were in Providence, I think, once). Not that I'm gonna get one.

I'll be just back from a long car trip, & another more-local trip. The trip to NYC is 4.5 hours by bus, but another 1.5 hour on each side getting to & from it (though it won't be that long from 8th to 11th, where the buses leave from). Dunno if I'm up to it to be rejected once again.

goongas

#5 Post by goongas » Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Just for the record, the callbacks will be the same day for the night session. But I understand the travel distance is a lot...I can walk to the audition, so my situation is different. I have had dance classes where they are going to be. If I had to travel far, I would not do it either...

triviawayne

#6 Post by triviawayne » Sun May 21, 2017 4:10 pm

In 2007, I drove 220 miles round trip for the audition, then the next day about 630 miles for vacation.

It's all about how bad do you want it.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 pm

triviawayne wrote:In 2007, I drove 220 miles round trip for the audition, then the next day about 630 miles for vacation.

Miles driven on vacation don't count.

And, trust me, you don't want to go comparing audition treks on this Bored.

Yeah, how bad you want it is part of the equation, but so are years of being rejected, lied to, and having your spirit crushed, time and time again.

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 pm

T-wayne: A long long while ago I flew to Atlanta for the audition, then onto the Florida Panhandle. I did have something to do in Panama City, but I wouldn't have gone without the audition.

I'm a multi-auditioner. In the teens. Lost count. They enjoy rejecting me.

Just for the record, I did pass one audition. Back when it only got you into the Ring of Fire.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

triviawayne

#9 Post by triviawayne » Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
triviawayne wrote:In 2007, I drove 220 miles round trip for the audition, then the next day about 630 miles for vacation.

Miles driven on vacation don't count.

And, trust me, you don't want to go comparing audition treks on this Bored.

Yeah, how bad you want it is part of the equation, but so are years of being rejected, lied to, and having your spirit crushed, time and time again.
They count just as much as any other miles; and it's not as if I've never done it during a work week. I've had plenty of years of being rejected, lied to, and having my spirit crushed time and time again...I just never gave up.

So yeah, I think I can compare.

triviawayne

#10 Post by triviawayne » Sun May 21, 2017 6:45 pm

ghostjmf wrote:T-wayne: A long long while ago I flew to Texas for an audition. Or was it Alabama. I did have something to do in Texas, but I wouldn't have gone without the audition.

I'm a multi-auditioner. In the teens. Lost count. They enjoy rejecting me.

Just for the record, I did pass one audition. Back when it only got you into the Ring of Fire.
Giving up after the teens?

I've passed 35 tests before ever getting on a show, and failed at least as many before that, plus driven all over the east coast to be rejected.

jaybee

#11 Post by jaybee » Sun May 21, 2017 7:09 pm

I think my highlight, spirit-crushing moment came at an audition in Cincinnati where one of the PA's told me, "We've seen you before, you're wasting your time".
Jaybee

TheConfessor

#12 Post by TheConfessor » Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 am

jaybee wrote:I think my highlight, spirit-crushing moment came at an audition in Cincinnati where one of the PA's told me, "We've seen you before, you're wasting your time".
And if you've seen them before, maybe you're wasting your time. But the good news is that they all tend to change every year.

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Mon May 22, 2017 4:32 am

For this show they didn't change the lead judges for years. Perhaps now there's more turnover, but they still seem to have a file with me in it.

triviawayne

#14 Post by triviawayne » Mon May 22, 2017 6:47 am

TheConfessor wrote:
jaybee wrote:I think my highlight, spirit-crushing moment came at an audition in Cincinnati where one of the PA's told me, "We've seen you before, you're wasting your time".
And if you've seen them before, maybe you're wasting your time. But the good news is that they all tend to change every year.
There really isn't that much turnover, but about two years ago, there was big turnover.

I've had literally 20 second interviews when I got stuck with someone who saw me before, it was at a point I had to hope for someone who didn't see me in the past.

ghostjmf

#15 Post by ghostjmf » Mon May 22, 2017 8:42 am

I can't even get to the 2nd-interview stage, so congrats on that triviawayne.

triviawayne

#16 Post by triviawayne » Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 pm

ghostjmf wrote:I can't even get to the 2nd-interview stage, so congrats on that triviawayne.
neither could i for years, but there are new people, nobody left from three years ago is there anymore, so it's worth a shot

triviawayne

#17 Post by triviawayne » Mon May 22, 2017 12:52 pm

ghostjmf wrote:For this show they didn't change the lead judges for years. Perhaps now there's more turnover, but they still seem to have a file with me in it.
there is no file, there is no blackball list; if there was, I would've been on it.

ghostjmf

#18 Post by ghostjmf » Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 pm

I interviewed in Boston a couple years ago & did not get the 2nd, videotaped interview. A fellow-tester I was conversing with did get that but I as yet I haven't seen them on show.

jaybee

#19 Post by jaybee » Mon May 22, 2017 1:58 pm

I was pretty good at sitting next to people at auditions who eventually made it to the hot seat. :( :arrow: :D

Water over the bridge now. Haven't auditioned in over a decade so I'm sure the staff has turned over. But I have no interest in auditioning. No regrets.

Total side note: I swear that the auto-voice from one of my phone-in Rx renewals is Fred from the old phone game. Ah the days!
Jaybee

TheConfessor

#20 Post by TheConfessor » Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm

jaybee wrote: Water over the bridge now.
Is that a kayaking expression? I guess it's more navigable than water under the dam.