Mueller Appointed Special Counsel

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: Mueller Appointed Special Counsel

#51 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That's my point as well. The word "duress" implies that he was compelled by outside forces to beat the guy up, which conveniently shifts the responsibility for his criminal acts to someone else. --Bob
When you can't grasp the simple fact that he didn't 'beat the guy up' - it's a pointless discussion.
Excuse me, committed a criminal act of assault by body slamming a reporter to the ground, as he admitted by pleading guilty.

Are you really trying to claim that Gianforte wasn't responsible for his actions? --Bob
He's claimed responsibility for his actions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#52 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
When you can't grasp the simple fact that he didn't 'beat the guy up' - it's a pointless discussion.
Excuse me, committed a criminal act of assault by body slamming a reporter to the ground, as he admitted by pleading guilty.

Are you really trying to claim that Gianforte wasn't responsible for his actions? --Bob
So your use of the word "duress" was an error? (And I think the word you want is "accepted," not "claimed." "Claimed" would imply that responsibility for his decision to body-slam a reporter to the ground had been unknown, when in fact his actions were captured on audio and had multiple witnesses.) --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#53 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Excuse me, committed a criminal act of assault by body slamming a reporter to the ground, as he admitted by pleading guilty.

So your use of the word "duress" was an error? (And I think the word you want is "accepted," not "claimed." "Claimed" would imply that responsibility for his decision to body-slam a reporter to the ground had been unknown, when in fact his actions were captured on audio and had multiple witnesses.) --Bob
LMAO - if it's all the same to you, I'll get my legal learnin' from attorneys who actually remember what they're sworn to uphold.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#54 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 pm

tlynn78 wrote: He's claimed responsibility for his actions.
That does put him ahead of Justice Kavanaugh.

Of course, Gianforte couldn't well deny what he did with a host of witnesses around.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#55 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:

Of course, Gianforte couldn't well deny what he did with a host of witnesses around.
Totally the same as Khasnhoggi. Or Scalise. Or...
Well, then

tlynn78

#56 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Keith Ellison...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Keith Ellison...
I was wondering when someone would bring that up. The press finally got its hands on the records from Rep. Ellison's divorce, over the objections of both parties. There was physical abuse in that marriage. It turns out that she was hitting him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#58 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Keith Ellison...
I was wondering when someone would bring that up. The press finally got its hands on the records from Rep. Ellison's divorce, over the objections of both parties. There was physical abuse in that marriage. It turns out that she was hitting him. --Bob
That has to do with the girlfriend how...
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Keith Ellison...
The girlfriend who claims she has video of the incident on her computer but has been unwilling or unable to produce it to the people hired to investigate her claims? --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#60 Post by Estonut » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I was wondering when someone would bring that up. The press finally got its hands on the records from Rep. Ellison's divorce, over the objections of both parties. There was physical abuse in that marriage. It turns out that she was hitting him.
The girlfriend who claims she has video of the incident on her computer but has been unwilling or unable to produce it to the people hired to investigate her claims?
If women are always to be believed, as you so adamantly felt about Dr. Ford, doesn't the girlfriend have to be believed, too?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#61 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: The girlfriend who claims she has video of the incident on her computer but has been unwilling or unable to produce it to the people hired to investigate her claims?
If women are always to be believed, as you so adamantly felt about Dr. Ford, doesn't the girlfriend have to be believed, too?
There is a rule of evidence that says that when a party produces weaker evidence when it could have provided stronger evidence, then the weaker evidence may be disregarded.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:That has to do with the girlfriend how...
The girlfriend who claims she has video of the incident on her computer but has been unwilling or unable to produce it to the people hired to investigate her claims?
I never said that.

I said that I believed that particular woman for a variety of reasons including her testimony, his testimony, the surrounding evidence, and his apparent unwillingness to have an investigation occur. I also said that her allegations were far above the bar necessary to conduct a full and fair investigation. Based on the Republicans' desire to keep the investigation a secret and what we've heard about it in the press, I am highly skeptical that the investigation that occurred was remotely approaching full.

People who make credible allegations of that nature deserve to have those allegations fully and fairly investigated. As far as I know, Ellison's ex-girlfriend has not filed a police report, so in this case the Democratic Party hired an independent lawyer to investigate. She has claimed from the beginning that she has on her home computer video of the alleged incident, but she's been unwilling to show it to anyone.

So yes, I'm highly skeptical of that particular allegation. But if she ever files a police report, I'll still expect it to be fully investigated. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#63 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:04 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The girlfriend who claims she has video of the incident on her computer but has been unwilling or unable to produce it to the people hired to investigate her claims?
I never said that.

I said that I believed that particular woman for a variety of reasons including her testimony, his testimony, the surrounding evidence, and his apparent unwillingness to have an investigation occur. I also said that her allegations were far above the bar necessary to conduct a full and fair investigation. Based on the Republicans' desire to keep the investigation a secret and what we've heard about it in the press, I am highly skeptical that the investigation that occurred was remotely approaching full.

People who make credible allegations of that nature deserve to have those allegations fully and fairly investigated. As far as I know, Ellison's ex-girlfriend has not filed a police report, so in this case the Democratic Party hired an independent lawyer to investigate. She has claimed from the beginning that she has on her home computer video of the alleged incident, but she's been unwilling to show it to anyone.

So yes, I'm highly skeptical of that particular allegation. But if she ever files a police report, I'll still expect it to be fully investigated.
I apologize. I hadn't heard that Dr. Ford had ever filed a police report.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx