Mueller Appointed Special Counsel

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Mueller Appointed Special Counsel

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 am

tlynn78 wrote:
I think most thinking individuals recognize there was a 'problem' with the way she handled her emails.
I agree that she could have been more careful with her e-mails and that was certainly a factor that voters could have taken into consideration. Certain voters were far more inclined to penalize her for that than to hold any of the numerous warning signs they had about Trump against him. The list of people who said that Trump was not ready to be president, on both sides of the aisle, was staggering.

Well, you get what you pay for.

But the good news is that you folks in Montana are about a week away from getting some good representation in Congress for a change, and we here in the Sixth District are only a couple of weeks behind you in that regard.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Oh, you mean, like, "innocent until proven guilty?" That one is pretty basic. I didn't know part two read: ".. or until Bob#s, <et al> decides otherwise."
Then you agree that because Secretary Clinton was exonerated by a federal investigation of criminal wrongdoing, and certainly has never been convicted of anything, that there is nothing wrong with the way she handled her e-mails?

I didn't think so. The double standard you're applying is enough to stagger the mind. Donny admitted that he gave code word classified information to the Russians. He did so without the permission of Israel, the source of the information, which at a minimum will jeopardize our ability to get similar information from Israel in the future. He shared enough information with the Russians to place at risk the life of the asset who obtained the information. And you're okay with that. I don't ever want to hear from you about Benghazi again.

And by the way, I was arguing here that former Director Comey cannot (on the reported facts) be criminally liable for obstruction of justice. In other words, I'm arguing that Comey is innocent and can't be proven guilty.

Now please excuse me. I think I need to drop some money on Rob Quist. --Bob
Is that cash to pay off more of his unpaid debt, or to try an get him elected? Just curious.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Is that cash to pay off more of his unpaid debt, or to try an get him elected? Just curious.
Unlike his New Jersey opponent who shares so many values with the people of Montana...

http://mtcowgirl.com/2017/03/25/montana ... character/

That blogger must be a relative of yours.

And before anyone mentions Jon Ossoff, he is a native Atlantan who lives with his girlfriend near the Emory campus. They are staying there until she graduates (she's within walking distance) and will then move to the Sixth District.

tlynn78

#29 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote: Is that cash to pay off more of his unpaid debt, or to try an get him elected? Just curious.
Unlike his New Jersey opponent who shares so many values with the people of Montana...

And before anyone mentions Jon Ossoff, he is a native Atlantan who lives with his girlfriend near the Emory campus. They are staying there until she graduates (she's within walking distance) and will then move to the Sixth District.
Oh, sweetie. Bless your heart. (I've spent some time in ATL, myself) By the way, mtcowgirl is a guy, and no relation.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 pm

The Republican candidate for the Montana at-large House seat just body-slammed a reporter. The link includes audio of the incident. Witness statements corroborate the reporter's account (the attack was without warning and unprovoked) and contradict Gianforte's account.

Police are investigating. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

The Republican candidate for the Montana at-large House seat just body-slammed a reporter. The link includes audio of the incident. Witness statements corroborate the reporter's account (the attack was without warning and unprovoked) and contradict Gianforte's account.

Well, I did say he was from New Jersey. It's a good thing for that reporter they don't have many landfills or large bodies of water in Montana.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#32 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Here's an eyewitness account from the local affiliate of Fox News.
Alicia Acuna wrote:To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff's deputies.
I hope all Montana elected officials condemn the candidate as unqualified and urge a vote for his opponent. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:42 pm

And now he's facing criminal charges. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 25, 2017 3:42 am

According to the articles I've read, over half the total vote may already be in due to early voting.

I don't know how things work in Montana, but in many states, including Georgia, early voting tends to skew Democratic. Also, people who are genuinely unsure of their vote are more likely to wait until election day in case... well, in case something like this happens to help make up their minds.

Pastor Fireball

#35 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu May 25, 2017 5:06 am

silverscreenselect wrote:According to the articles I've read, over half the total vote may already be in due to early voting.

I don't know how things work in Montana, but in many states, including Georgia, early voting tends to skew Democratic. Also, people who are genuinely unsure of their vote are more likely to wait until election day in case... well, in case something like this happens to help make up their minds.
Unlike in Georgia, voters in Montana are a little more willing to vote for Democratic candidates on a state level. But since Montana is an at-large congressional district, the electorate will probably be about the same as the one that re-elected its Democratic governor while voting for calumnious milk-livered quimbecile Donald Drumpf. Incidentally, Montanans already rejected Gianforte once as last year's gubernatorial candidate, so there's no telling if they'll reject him a second time as the congressional candidate.

(Edited to fix spelling)
Last edited by Pastor Fireball on Thu May 25, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 am

There is a Libertarian candidate in the race, who could become a convenient alternative for Republican voters upset about this stunt or Gianforte in general but not willing to vote for a Democrat.

Montana also allows same day registration. It's interesting that Republicans defeated a measure that would have done all the voting by mail (the same way Oregon does it), because they thought it would help the Democratic candidate. That's an oops right there.

Pastor Fireball

#37 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu May 25, 2017 7:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:There is a Libertarian candidate in the race, who could become a convenient alternative for Republican voters upset about this stunt or Gianforte in general but not willing to vote for a Democrat.
Then again, Gary Johnson got only 5.6% of the vote in a state that artless salami-skinned snizzwhistle Donald Drumpf allegedly won by 20 points, so the Libertarian candidate will likely not have an impact on this race. I dare Montana to prove me wrong, though.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

elwoodblues

#38 Post by elwoodblues » Thu May 25, 2017 8:06 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Sadly, in this political climate it is hard to tell whether this will hurt him or help him.

jarnon

#39 Post by jarnon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Bob78164 wrote:And now he's facing criminal charges. --Bob
Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault. He's now running for re-election. Trump said this about him at a rally tonight: "Any guy that can do a body slam he's my kind of guy." Very inappropriate IMHO considering recent violence against journalists. I'd like to hear what tlynn78 thinks.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#40 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:01 am

jarnon wrote:
Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault. He's now running for re-election. Trump said this about him at a rally tonight: "Any guy that can do a body slam he's my kind of guy." Very inappropriate IMHO considering recent violence against journalists. I'd like to hear what tlynn78 thinks.
Donny praising a guy for assaulting a reporter, just after a reporter for an American newspaper is killed by the Saudis with no real response from anyone in Washington, is par for the course.

But the real story is that Mitch McConnell stated in plain terms what he intends to do if Republicans retain control of Congress. They'll come after Social Security and Medicare, because the tax cut they gave to their millionaire friends gives them an excuse to cut those programs in the name of balancing the budget. (Ignore the fact that Social Security is funded independently and doesn't contribute to the deficit.) And they'll take another shot at repealing the Affordable Care Act, because, you know, people born with pre-existing conditions don't deserve to afford decent health care.

We're two and a half weeks from Election Day. It's time to keep our eye on the ball. If Republicans maintain control of Congress, they'll use their power to make our lives worse in a lot more ways that will hit us directly in the wallet. Don't give them that chance. --Bob

tlynn78

#41 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:47 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tlynn78 is unsurprised that Trump said something inappropriate. I know Greg, I know he regrets what he did under duress, and I know he's paid his debt to society. I think he will win. Again.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#42 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Tlynn78 is unsurprised that Trump said something inappropriate. I know Greg, I know he regrets what he did under duress, and I know he's paid his debt to society. I think he will win. Again.
"under duress"? I don't think we agree on the meaning of the term "duress." --Bob

tlynn78

#43 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
jarnon wrote:Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault. He's now running for re-election. Trump said this about him at a rally tonight: "Any guy that can do a body slam he's my kind of guy." Very inappropriate IMHO considering recent violence against journalists. I'd like to hear what tlynn78 thinks.
"under duress"? I don't think we agree on the meaning of the term "duress." --Bob
I'm quite sure there are a lot of things on which we don't agree. I'm okay with that.

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:18 pm

tlynn78 wrote: I know Greg, I know he regrets what he did under duress, and I know he's paid his debt to society.
I'd like to know who forced him to beat up a reporter half his size.

tlynn78

#45 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:20 pm

tlynn78 wrote: I know Greg, I know he regrets what he did under duress, and I know he's paid his debt to society.
Since that didn't happen, you're doomed to disappointment.

silverscreenselect

#46 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:43 pm

tlynn78 wrote: I know he regrets what he did under duress.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#47 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
That's my point as well. The word "duress" implies that he was compelled by outside forces to beat the guy up, which conveniently shifts the responsibility for his criminal acts to someone else. --Bob

tlynn78

#48 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
That's my point as well. The word "duress" implies that he was compelled by outside forces to beat the guy up, which conveniently shifts the responsibility for his criminal acts to someone else. --Bob
When you can't grasp the simple fact that he didn't 'beat the guy up' - it's a pointless discussion.

tlynn78

#49 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
When you can't grasp the simple fact that he didn't 'beat the guy up' - it's a pointless discussion.
Strike that, counselor - it's not that you can't grasp it; you know full well he didn't 'beat the guy up' - you're simply perpetuating bull$#(&

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#50 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Excuse me, committed a criminal act of assault by body slamming a reporter to the ground, as he admitted by pleading guilty.

Are you really trying to claim that Gianforte wasn't responsible for his actions? --Bob