2017 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
triviawayne

Re: 2017 Audition List

#51 Post by triviawayne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 am

ghostjmf wrote:Re pass rate: In my group of 6, the pass rate was 2.

It was the hardest BAM test I've ever taken. Didn't think I passed 'til told I did. was perceptually harder than 2 I actually failed. They may indeed move their "pass bar" around. To get more "people who we find attractive" in the loop.

Only 6 people took the test in your group? That must be an all-time low.

2/6 would be a 33% pass rate.

How would they be moving their "pass bar" around since they have no idea which test belongs to which person? All the tests are collected in no order at all and run through the scantron and they call out numbers, all of whom get that initial interview. THAT is the point where they find those attractive people.

ghostjmf

#52 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 am

triviawayne:

They find their attractive people when they look at them. They also find people they find so unattractive they think it would be fun to put them on. Then they do that pre-test "what would you do with a mill" session where they want outrageous answers. They find who is behaviorally attractive to them there.

They never called on me in that session. I should have just yelled out, as some eventual non-passers did. But they had a subordinate come by a little later & ask "what did you want to say?"

They don't know who will pass test, of course.

But if they fear the attractive-to-them ones won't, they can lower the bar to scoop some up. If they were aiming for 30% passers, 2/6 exceeded that slightly.

When they saw the two passers from my group, the "what would you do" cheerleader came & scooped the young, cute male passer up. Didn't even wait for me to follow. That's how I almost walked into video room w/ video in progress. They then deputized a guy who hadn't read my application; he was leafing through it as we talked to interview me. I could see him leafing, so brought up high points.

triviawayne

#53 Post by triviawayne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:05 am

ghostjmf wrote:triviawayne:

They find their attractive people when they look at them. They also find people they find so unattractive they think it would be fun to put them on. Then they do that pre-test "what would you do with a mill" session where they want outrageous answers. They find who is behaviorally attractive to them there.

They never called on me in that session. I should have just yelled out, as some eventual non-passers did. But they had a subordinate come by a little later & ask "what did you want to say?"

They don't know who will pass test, of course.

But if they fear the attractive-to-them ones won't, they can lower the bar to scoop some up. If they were aiming for 30% passers, 2/6 exceeded that slightly.

When they saw the two passers from my group, the "what would you do" cheerleader came & scooped the young, cute male passer up. Didn't even wait for me to follow. That's how I almost walked into video room w/ video in progress. They then deputized a guy who hadn't read my application; he was leafing through it as we talked to interview me. I could see him leafing, so brought up high points.
you sure believe some strange things

marklash

#54 Post by marklash » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Auditioned in Philly on June 7. Passed the test, first interview, then video interview. Still haven't gotten a response either way. Anybody from the Philly auditions gotten a response yet?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:11 am

peiboy91, auditioned May 30, :(
Bob78164, auditioned May 31, :)
ghostjmf, auditioned June 5, :(
Steven Sousa, auditioned June 5, :)
marklash, auditioned June 7, passed written test
goongas, auditioned June 9, passed written test*
popartist, auditioning June 9
DukeOfIllyria, auditioned June 9, :(
jm49, auditioned June 9, passed written test
cf1140, auditioned June 19, passed written test
danangel, auditioning July 18
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Agrajag

#56 Post by Agrajag » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:23 pm

New to the boards. Still looking around (have already read a few transcripts) but figured I'd come here to say I auditioned in NYC June 9 (morning session). Passed the test, interview, & did well with Liz on camera.

I apparently got an email saying I was in the contestant pool Thursday 6/15 (although it was in my Junk folder until Sunday the 18th).

Got a call Monday 6/19 saying they wanted me to come to Vegas to play on July 11/12. I actually had to ask them if they could move me and they pushed me back to July 25/26.

Still trying to figure out my Plus One and my flight from PHL->LAS (found a nice flight out but the return trips all suck), but I'm going to be on Millionaire! :mrgreen:

triviawayne

#57 Post by triviawayne » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:15 am

Agrajag wrote:New to the boards. Still looking around (have already read a few transcripts) but figured I'd come here to say I auditioned in NYC June 9 (morning session). Passed the test, interview, & did well with Liz on camera.

I apparently got an email saying I was in the contestant pool Thursday 6/15 (although it was in my Junk folder until Sunday the 18th).

Got a call Monday 6/19 saying they wanted me to come to Vegas to play on July 11/12. I actually had to ask them if they could move me and they pushed me back to July 25/26.

Still trying to figure out my Plus One and my flight from PHL->LAS (found a nice flight out but the return trips all suck), but I'm going to be on Millionaire! :mrgreen:
This is a good guy, somebody be his +1

If you didn't book the flight, try going out of ABE on Delta through Atlanta. With the cost of going to Philly, the turnpike cost, the extra travel time to be sure you don't get stuck in traffic...it's not worth the savings of usually less than $100.

You also don't have to stay at Bally's, you might be better off at the Super 8 and take a cab to the show on your tape date. The savings will be there.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#58 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:18 am

Agrajag wrote:New to the boards. Still looking around (have already read a few transcripts) but figured I'd come here to say I auditioned in NYC June 9 (morning session). Passed the test, interview, & did well with Liz on camera.

Welcome aBored, and congratulations! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 am

peiboy91, auditioned May 30, :(
Bob78164, auditioned May 31, :)
ghostjmf, auditioned June 5, :(
Steven Sousa, auditioned June 5, :)
marklash, auditioned June 7, passed written test
goongas, auditioned June 9, passed written test*
popartist, auditioning June 9
DukeOfIllyria, auditioned June 9, :(
jm49, auditioned June 9, passed written test
Agrajag, auditioned June 9, :D, taping July 25
cf1140, auditioned June 19, passed written test
danangel, auditioning July 18

AndyO92

#60 Post by AndyO92 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Agrajag wrote: Still trying to figure out my Plus One and my flight from PHL->LAS (found a nice flight out but the return trips all suck), but I'm going to be on Millionaire! :mrgreen:
Welcome and congrats! I'm from Philly and was on last year, and all the return flights were the 11PM redeye-type flights. Was still able to get direct on AA though, so it wasn't terrible. I'd say bite the bullet and book something, you have bigger things to focus on.

Best of luck!

EDIT: On hotels, I stayed at Bally's for convenience but really wasn't necessary. Watch out for the "resort fees", they'll bite you.

Agrajag

#61 Post by Agrajag » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:43 pm

triviawayne wrote:This is a good guy, somebody be his +1

If you didn't book the flight, try going out of ABE on Delta through Atlanta. With the cost of going to Philly, the turnpike cost, the extra travel time to be sure you don't get stuck in traffic...it's not worth the savings of usually less than $100.

You also don't have to stay at Bally's, you might be better off at the Super 8 and take a cab to the show on your tape date. The savings will be there.
Thanks. I agree. Somebody be my Plus One!

I didn't see any such flight (all the ABE flights I saw were over $1000 but I'll try to throw in the Atlanta layover and check it out. Thanks!

I originally was going to stay at Harrah's or Bally's (we have the Total Rewards cards from a few years ago when we went to Atlantic City every few months) but I actually found a good room at Ellis Island which is even closer than Bally's (didn't think it could be done)! This way, if my wife isn't my plus one, we don't have to pay for two taxis/Lyfts to get to the studio. It's literally directly across the street!

Agrajag

#62 Post by Agrajag » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 pm

AndyO92 wrote:Welcome and congrats! I'm from Philly and was on last year, and all the return flights were the 11PM redeye-type flights. Was still able to get direct on AA though, so it wasn't terrible. I'd say bite the bullet and book something, you have bigger things to focus on.

Best of luck!

EDIT: On hotels, I stayed at Bally's for convenience but really wasn't necessary. Watch out for the "resort fees", they'll bite you.
That's the exact problem I'm finding... I barely have the days off to take off for my taping as it is and I was really not looking forward to taking the redeye home only to have to work on Thursday... But I do want to get it booked sooner rather than later so I can focus on studying and not checking kayak & southwest.com every day...

Oh, what I would give to have a few extra days vacation!

AndyO92

#63 Post by AndyO92 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 am

Agrajag wrote:
I obviously don't know your situation, but have you told your employer that you're on the show? My boss was ecstatic about it. It's a big deal to get this far, and they may be able to work something out for a "once in a lifetime" thing like this. Maybe offer to take unpaid days?

Definitely explain that you're already selected to be playing the game, not just eligible for the old "fastest finger" type thing.

basketball_junkie

#64 Post by basketball_junkie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm

For those of you who got the :( cards, please don't give up. When WWTBAM went syndicated, I tried every year to get on the show. Twice I got :) cards (regular and movie week). However, I didn't get the call. It wasn't until 2016 that everything worked out for me. As I reflect upon everything, I realize now the wait was worth it. WWTBAM is doing well in the ratings and should be around for awhile. Hang in there!

triviawayne

#65 Post by triviawayne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:05 pm

basketball_junkie wrote:For those of you who got the :( cards, please don't give up. When WWTBAM went syndicated, I tried every year to get on the show. Twice I got :) cards (regular and movie week). However, I didn't get the call. It wasn't until 2016 that everything worked out for me. As I reflect upon everything, I realize now the wait was worth it. WWTBAM is doing well in the ratings and should be around for awhile. Hang in there!
I passed 35 game show tests before I ever made a show...never give up

ulysses1950

#66 Post by ulysses1950 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I sent you a pm.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#67 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:19 pm

ulysses1950 wrote:

I sent you a pm.
Uly! Welcome (back) aBored! --Bob

cf1140

#68 Post by cf1140 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:33 pm

triviawayne wrote:
basketball_junkie wrote:For those of you who got the :( cards, please don't give up. When WWTBAM went syndicated, I tried every year to get on the show. Twice I got :) cards (regular and movie week). However, I didn't get the call. It wasn't until 2016 that everything worked out for me. As I reflect upon everything, I realize now the wait was worth it. WWTBAM is doing well in the ratings and should be around for awhile. Hang in there!
Is that including tests for other game shows?

How many WWTBAM tests did you pass before you were on WWTBAM?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#69 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

cf1140 wrote:
triviawayne wrote:

I don't know about basketball_junkie but I've taken and passed the Millionaire test pretty much every year I've been eligible (other game shows kept me out of circulation once or twice) and I'm currently waiting in the Pool. I'm guessing I've passed roughly 15 Millionaire tests. --Bob

Agrajag

#70 Post by Agrajag » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 pm

AndyO92 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
I obviously don't know your situation, but have you told your employer that you're on the show? My boss was ecstatic about it. It's a big deal to get this far, and they may be able to work something out for a "once in a lifetime" thing like this. Maybe offer to take unpaid days?

Definitely explain that you're already selected to be playing the game, not just eligible for the old "fastest finger" type thing.
I haven't specifically talked to my boss about it. Company is pretty corporate so I doubt I'll get anything extra but I may have to have an unexcused absence later in the year/unpaid... I am excited they did away with the fastest finger because I'd hate to travel to Vegas on my own dime and not even get to play! (but then again, I think back during the FF days, they actually paid for the trip so it wasn't as bad back then if you didn't get to play, I guess?)
ulysses1950 wrote:

I sent you a pm.
And I sent you one back! :-)

earendel

#71 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 am

Agrajag wrote:I haven't specifically talked to my boss about it. Company is pretty corporate so I doubt I'll get anything extra but I may have to have an unexcused absence later in the year/unpaid... I am excited they did away with the fastest finger because I'd hate to travel to Vegas on my own dime and not even get to play! (but then again, I think back during the FF days, they actually paid for the trip so it wasn't as bad back then if you didn't get to play, I guess?)
Back in the FF days, the show paid transportation for me and my wife, lodging and per diem ($50 per day), since there was no guarantee they would win any money.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

triviawayne

#72 Post by triviawayne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 am

cf1140 wrote:
triviawayne wrote:

That's for all shows I've ever tried out for, there have been many. I know it was over 10 WWTBAM tests, but not sure how many anymore.

ghostjmf

#73 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:53 am

Re FF days: Oh, they paid for your flight & hotel. For you & 1 companion. I would have certainly given that up for getting to play.

tlynn78

#74 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 am

ulysses1950 wrote:

I sent you a pm.
Agrajag - follow up on this. You would be extremely lucky to have this gentleman be your Plus 1.
Wonderful to 'see' you, Uly! Long time no Vegas!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ulysses1950

#75 Post by ulysses1950 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 am

Bob78164 wrote:
ulysses1950 wrote:

I sent you a pm.
Uly! Welcome (back) aBored! --Bob

Yeah, I had to re-register with a different name...