Fun

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Fun

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Fun

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Oh, and really the only reason I post this is because the special prosecutor investigation should prove to be very entertaining.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Oh, and really the only reason I post this is because the special prosecutor investigation should prove to be very entertaining.
What special prosecutor is being investigated?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:13 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Oh, and really the only reason I post this is because the special prosecutor investigation should prove to be very entertaining.
Um bad phrasing, asshole. Mueller et al.
Well, then

mrkelley23

#5 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Fairly disingenuous of the Nat Review to pretend this is exclusive to the Obama era. This unlawful surveillance came about because of the incredibly-named PATRIOT Act, post 9/11, and true libertarians (note the small l) have been complaining about it, mostly to deaf ears, ever since.

Here's a slightly less biased review of why this is hitting headlines right now. And make no mistake, I'm not defending the Obama administration, or saying that this surveillance is legal or ethical. But it was the bad acts of Congress in the post 9/11 hysteria that started it, and led to the unconscionable expansion of it.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:Fairly disingenuous of the Nat Review to pretend this is exclusive to the Obama era. This unlawful surveillance came about because of the incredibly-named PATRIOT Act, post 9/11, and true libertarians (note the small l) have been complaining about it, mostly to deaf ears, ever since.

Here's a slightly less biased review of why this is hitting headlines right now. And make no mistake, I'm not defending the Obama administration, or saying that this surveillance is legal or ethical. But it was the bad acts of Congress in the post 9/11 hysteria that started it, and led to the unconscionable expansion of it.
Um, you do see the irony or bullshit involved with the "left" not assuming the mantle of using whatever means are accessible to do the same that they accuse the "right" of doing?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 pm

And, to repeat, it will be GREAT fun to see what falls out with the entire investigation.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Um bad phrasing, asshole. Mueller et al.
Mueller is a Special Counsel.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mrkelley23

#9 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:Fairly disingenuous of the Nat Review to pretend this is exclusive to the Obama era. This unlawful surveillance came about because of the incredibly-named PATRIOT Act, post 9/11, and true libertarians (note the small l) have been complaining about it, mostly to deaf ears, ever since.

Um, you do see the irony or bullshit involved with the "left" not assuming the mantle of using whatever means are accessible to do the same that they accuse the "right" of doing?
Quite as clearly as I see all the other irony and bullshit.

There is no "left" or "right" any more. Only "us" and "them."

Politics as sports.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Quite as clearly as I see all the other irony and bullshit.

There is no "left" or "right" any more. Only "us" and "them."

Politics as sports.
I totally agree with you on that.
Well, then