Crosswords auditions in Chicago this Saturday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
geoffil

Crosswords auditions in Chicago this Saturday

#1 Post by geoffil » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:45 am

Is anyone attending the Crosswords audtion at NBC tower in Chicago this Saturday?

earendel

Re: Crosswords auditions in Chicago this Saturday

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:49 am

geoffil wrote:Is anyone attending the Crosswords audtion at NBC tower in Chicago this Saturday?
I didn't know there were going to be auditions there. elwing has a craft show this weekend and I have to help her with the booth so I wouldn't be able to make it anyway. From what I've seen of the show, though, I'm not sure I'd want to be on it - the payouts are low and the risk of someone getting lucky with one answer is too high.

Catfish

#3 Post by Catfish » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:04 pm

geoffil wrote:Is anyone attending the Crosswords audtion at NBC tower in Chicago this Saturday?
I just went to the Web site and sent in my info. I'm not sure I'm eligible. I did note that it says they fly you to LA. Groovy.
Catfish

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Catfish wrote: I just went to the Web site and sent in my info. I'm not sure I'm eligible. I did note that it says they fly you to LA. Groovy.
Do they? Paying travel expenses will make it a lot easier for them to get out-of-town contestants.

I still don't like their silly "spoiler" rule. Or their "one-a-day folks have to wait indefinitely to see episodes the two-a-day people see" rule.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#5 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 pm

A little birdy told me that the money amounts were increased.....but they still have a ministry of silly spoilers....

Catfish

#6 Post by Catfish » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:09 pm

I will be going on Saturday. I made the eligibility requirement by 10 days. After I filled out the online form, I realized it wasn't Chicago specific, and since I live in Indiana and I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle, I called the number on the Web site. The coordinator seemed very pleased to hear from me, well, not from me personally but from anyone who was interested in auditioning. I think there may be numerous spots to fill, so if you're interested, call the number. Advance registration is necessary.

Love,
Catfish

Catfish

#7 Post by Catfish » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:12 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I still don't like their silly "spoiler" rule.
But if you're the spoiler, isn't that a good thing?
Catfish

TheConfessor

#8 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Catfish wrote:But if you're the spoiler, isn't that a good thing?
It's a good thing if you're not good enough to win on a level playing field and your best chance of winning is to get a lucky break. If you're better than your opponents overall, it hurts your chances and it's a bad thing.

Catfish

#9 Post by Catfish » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm

TheConfessor wrote:If you're better than your opponents overall, it hurts your chances and it's a bad thing.
But if you're better than your opponents and you've been placed in the frustrating position of being designated a spoiler rather than an, um, podiumer, and you spoil immediately and retain your position to the end of the game and finish the puzzle and get a trip to Pizmo Beach, that's good, n'est pas?
Catfish