Boston audition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Boston audition

#1 Post by jarnon » Thu May 25, 2017 11:39 am

TPTB must have read ghostjmf's posts.

Road Auditions: Boston, MA
Monday, June 5, 2017

WEST END JOHNNIES
138 Portland St.
Boston, MA 02114
www.WestEndJohnnies.com
Monday, June 5, 2017

7 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Open Auditions)
12 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Callbacks only)
5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Open Auditions with Callbacks to follow)

Line forms outside front door on the sidewalk to the right.
NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED IN LINE BEFORE 6:00 A.M.

Testing occurs approximately every 30 minutes. People will NOT be allowed to audition if they arrive after the 10:00AM or 7:00PM sessions. Audition space is limited. There are no sign-ups for our road auditions, and admission to the audition session(s) is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.

WHO CAN AUDITION
You must be 18 years of age or older. You must bring a picture ID and proof of age to your audition.
You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, and meet all eligibility requirements. For complete rules, go to Official Rules.
Please fill out and bring the completed Audition Application with you to your audition.

WEST END JOHNNIES
www.WestEndJohnnies.com

PARKING
Parking may be available in neighborhood at metered spots or in the surrounding parking garages.
Last edited by jarnon on Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

Re: Boston audition

#2 Post by jarnon » Thu May 25, 2017 11:44 am

TAKE NOTE: The Audition Application in the link above is different from the one posted earlier. They've now changed the website for all the other Season 16 auditions to point to the new form. (Should I go edit my previous posts?)

Good luck to ghostjmf and all New England BBs!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 am

Oh grief. I now only have a couple-3 days to get the application printed. Before I embark on cross-country drive 600 miles after bussing 200, then fly-(or train)back for which I can't/shouldn't buy ticket until I'm sure I'm where I'm flying from in the 1st place, then get car out of drive from which it may be parked in, drive 3 hours to Maine for 2 days of Sacred Harp singing, drive back here, take deep breath, go audition again.

I've flunked 2 out of my umpteen tests, & 1 flunk was in Boston, so even passing test is not guaranteed.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Oh grief. I now only have a couple-3 days to get the application printed. Before I embark on cross-country drive 600 miles after bussing 200, then fly-(or train)back for which I can't/shouldn't buy ticket until I'm sure I'm where I'm flying from in the 1st place, then get car out of drive from which it may be parked in, drive 3 hours to Maine for 2 days of Sacred Harp singing, drive back here, take deep breath, go audition again.
Sure sounds like your journey to audition for Millionaire is unique (Application question 5).

As for the other Application questions, if you have a good story, stick it in the most applicable question. They don't penalize you for not answering the questions exactly as written.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#5 Post by ghostjmf » Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm

They're not making this easy; T (that's MBTA, our transit system, for you out-of-towners) doesn't start running 'til 5:30am. I'll probably be hiking in from Charles St station; not the closest, but means I won't have to change trains, or whip out map when I get to their site (i.e. I know where I am from Charles).

No-one parks in Boston for an undetermined time unless they can afford garages. All the meters, which maybe you can find at 6:00am, are 15-min meters.

In high-density downtowny areas anyway. 2-hour meters are for the so-to-speak suburbs.

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 am

Passed test. Hardest BAM test I have ever taken. Thought I had failed. Was so disheartened by end I screwed up what was essentially a cooking-measurements Q. Which I could normally literally do in my sleep. Well, OK, I don't really cook in my sleep.

Did not get video. Person who lead the 2 passers of 6 test-takers (yes, only 6 for last session of morning) did not even wait for me to follow them downstairs. They introduced other passer, a young man, to interviewer who was immediately laughing with them. My interviewer hadn't even read my application. Which I *did* type for easy-reading. Its not easy to type w/in adobe (the key is you can only make changes w/in the double red-&-blue rectangles) & my library computer wouldn't let me convert to MS Word.

I am strangely heartbroken. I hoped, after I passed that awful test, that this time would be the charm. I really did.

I woke myself up at 4:00am to be in line by 6:00am, but let myself fall back asleep 'til :8:00am because I was just too wiped out. Latest added diabetes med makes me nauseus, so by the time I *could* eat I didn't have time to buy Finagle-a-Bagel bagel. Thought I would flunk test from hunger. If I didn't throwup from nausea first.

Well, at least I didn't throw up on them. Expect a test loaded up w/ pop-culture Qs even my magpie mind *did not care about* enough to learn answers.

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:34 am

I'm convinced the "happy voice" woman who cheerlead the 6 test-takers & asked us what we would do w/ the mill picked her favs before we even took test. Someone, not a decider I don't think, was sent back to ask what I would do, because "I looked like I wanted to say something".

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Just for the record, there were 2 I know I got wrong, that measurements Q & a country-name/geography Q that came from the show; I recognized the Q but not the answer. These were both Qs you had to work out, unless you remembered & recognized the answer. Working answer out makes good "show" on show, but is agonizing on timed test.

My heart continues to go out to gsabc & all others who got on show but had to contend w/ time limits on that year's iteration of rules.

There were maybe 4 others I was worried about. I forget what we've previously decided a passing score must be.

ghostjmf

#9 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Another new-to-me rule is that you can't scribble arithmetic or anything else on envelope test comes in "because you wouldn't get paper & pencil on show". Oh yeah? What about sweat, or spit, written with your finger on podium?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Another new-to-me rule is that you can't scribble arithmetic or anything else on envelope test comes in "because you wouldn't get paper & pencil on show". Oh yeah? What about sweat, or spit, written with your finger on podium?
The explanation is new but the rule isn't. They don't want any scribbles on the envelope or the test because they reuse both and don't want subsequent test-takers to have hints. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#11 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:56 pm

The Qs were definitely from the show. Possibly all of them. Watch show/read transcripts = maybe pass test.