The Return of #Fake News Rants

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: The Return of #Fake News Rants

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Maybe the Monica Lewinsky affair was consensual, but it still fits the legal description of workplace sexual harassment.
No, it doesn't. An essential element of a sexual harassment claim is that the attention must be unwelcome. No one has ever claimed the attention in that case was unwelcome.

Was the relationship inappropriate? Of course. But there's a world of difference between that and the sexual assault that Donny bragged about committing. To minimize it as "not right in what he said," and to show Donny respect merely because he has attained high political office, perpetuates an atmosphere in which victims of sexual assault cannot possibly have confidence that an outcry will result in justice. --Bob
Once again, you evade the point in a hypocritical manner. You still have not answered my question about President Obama and you are evading the point that your disrespect and 'resistance' to Trump is purely political, hypocritical and petty. You have no interest in justice for victims of sexual assault. If you did, you would be concerned about the victims of Bill Clinton, but you are not.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 30, 2017 10:59 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Uh, What about Bobby-boy? You conveniently left him out when he started this trend on the bored. I disagreed with most of what President Obama did and stood for. Never once did I disrespect him or his office.
As I suspected, this is just another one of these things that dems and liberals can get away with because they believe they are all knowing and all caring and the rest of us are just redneck scum, right, SSS?
My disrespect for Donny has nothing to do with his politics. Are you really saying that someone who brags about his ability to grab women by the genitals with impunity deserves respect? Where I grew up, such people deserve nothing but contempt and that doesn't change just because he's in the White House. Perhaps things are different where you grew up. --Bob
Oh, then I assume you have that same opinion about Slick Willy Clinton? How about the late great Teddy Kennedy? For that matter, how about John F. Kennedy? I think it is political. I think you're a hypocrite.

I think Trump's a jerk, personally, but the behavior of the MSM, the dems and people like you are worse.
We never heard about Bill, Ted, or JFK bragging about their sexual indiscretions.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:10 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:My disrespect for Donny has nothing to do with his politics. Are you really saying that someone who brags about his ability to grab women by the genitals with impunity deserves respect? Where I grew up, such people deserve nothing but contempt and that doesn't change just because he's in the White House. Perhaps things are different where you grew up. --Bob
Oh, then I assume you have that same opinion about Slick Willy Clinton? How about the late great Teddy Kennedy? For that matter, how about John F. Kennedy? I think it is political. I think you're a hypocrite.

I think Trump's a jerk, personally, but the behavior of the MSM, the dems and people like you are worse.
We never heard about Bill, Ted, or JFK bragging about their sexual indiscretions.
We haven't seen a blue dress, a bald faced lie about it on national television to the American people, and a dead girl in a car tied to Trump either, have we? Just words from an asshole.

The reason we didn't hear anything contemporaneously about JFK is because the press covered it up. What he DID would make this Trump/Russia thing look like crap it is. Think that would happen today?

Another hypocrite.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Flock,

I can't help noticing that, for not the first time, you're using your knowledge of my actual identity to try to get under my skin. Coming from someone who, as far as I know, has scrupulously preserved his (or her) anonymity here, I can't help thinking that's an act of cowardice.

Unless you have some reason to think that, like Donny, I've bragged about or celebrated sexual assault, or in some comparable way merited a similar show of deliberate disrespect, I'll thank you not to refer to me by a name that is generally only used by my close friends and family.

Unless you're trying to flirt with me. In that case, we need to meet for lunch. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Flock,

I can't help noticing that, for not the first time, you're using your knowledge of my actual identity to try to get under my skin. Coming from someone who, as far as I know, has scrupulously preserved his (or her) anonymity here, I can't help thinking that's an act of cowardice.

Unless you have some reason to think that, like Donny, I've bragged about or celebrated sexual assault, or in some comparable way merited a similar show of deliberate disrespect, I'll thank you not to refer to me by a name that is generally only used by my close friends and family.

Unless you're trying to flirt with me. In that case, we need to meet for lunch. --Bob
Now you sound like wbtravis.

For all I know, your real name could be Fred. You don't like being called Bobby? Then stop childishly referring to the President as 'Donny'. As I've said, I cannot think of one time I disrespected President Obama by calling him 'Barry'. I referred to him as Obama or President Obama, but never disrespected him or his office as far as I can remember. I cannot even think of any non liberal on this bored who did so either, though I may be mistaken.

I will refrain from calling you Bobby in the future if it offends you. It offends me that you disrespect our President.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#31 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Flock,

Now you sound like wbtravis.

For all I know, your real name could be Fred. You don't like being called Bobby? Then stop childishly referring to the President as 'Donny'. As I've said, I cannot think of one time I disrespected President Obama by calling him 'Barry'. I referred to him as Obama or President Obama, but never disrespected him or his office as far as I can remember. I cannot even think of any non liberal on this bored who did so either, though I may be mistaken.

I will refrain from calling you Bobby in the future if it offends you. It offends me that you disrespect our President.
I've stated my position very plainly. People who brag about their ability to get away with sexual assault (and we've heard Donny on tape doing exactly that) deserve contempt, not respect, and that doesn't change because they hold high political office.

There are many Republican politicians (such as Ted Cruz) whose views I find odious but I generally accord them the respect due their offices. Donny is a special case and I refuse to normalize him. Given his conduct during the campaign ("Lyin' Ted Cruz," for example), he's hardly in a position to complain. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 30, 2017 5:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: It offends me that you disrespect our President.
Does it offend you that as President, he disrespects Elizabeth Warren, a United States Senator? Or do you hold Bob and the Pastor to a higher standard than you do the President?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:17 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: It offends me that you disrespect our President.
Does it offend you that as President, he disrespects Elizabeth Warren, a United States Senator? Or do you hold Bob and the Pastor to a higher standard than you do the President?
As you may not have noticed, I only used these 'cute' nicknames to illustrate the childishness of some of the posters on this bored. I do not condone Trump's childishness either. I keep hoping he will grow up, because I think he is doing some good things, but his mouth gets him in trouble. I did not support him for President. And I was very much put off by his campaigning style of lampooning his opponents. We would have been much better served by most of his opponents. But unfortunately, it worked for him. It's not working for the left, however. The juvenile, but sometimes violent, resistance movement makes you look even more childish than Trump.

eyégor
???????

#34 Post by eyégor » Wed May 31, 2017 11:06 am

I love this thread.

It makes me miss the Morlocks.

But, to be fair, I think it is highly unlikely that the Kennedy boys and the wannabe Kennedy boy didn't brag about their sexual 'adventures' when they were just talking with the boys. There just wasn't a hot mike.

But don't ask me, I only voted for the only qualified choice for prez and believe me, that was difficult here in New York.

For 10 points, name who got the "Troll vote"

The Real Todd Rundgren
Merry Man

#35 Post by The Real Todd Rundgren » Wed May 31, 2017 11:48 am

eyégor wrote:For 10 points, name who got the "Troll vote"

Shirley Ugest?
Hello, it's me!

eyégor
???????

#36 Post by eyégor » Wed May 31, 2017 12:12 pm

The Real Todd Rundgren wrote:
eyégor wrote:For 10 points, name who got the "Troll vote"

Shirley Ugest?
I do not...

and stop calling me Shirley

mrkelley23

#37 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:37 pm

eyégor wrote:I love this thread.

It makes me miss the Morlocks.

But, to be fair, I think it is highly unlikely that the Kennedy boys and the wannabe Kennedy boy didn't brag about their sexual 'adventures' when they were just talking with the boys. There just wasn't a hot mike.

But don't ask me, I only voted for the only qualified choice for prez and believe me, that was difficult here in New York.

For 10 points, name who got the "Troll vote"
And who doesn't remember Good Ol' Boy Bill joking about the astroturf in the back of his El Camino?

And I didn't realize New York had joined Alaska in allowing "None of the Above" votes in their elections.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman