Trump's attorney needs an attorney

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump's attorney needs an attorney

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 30, 2017 11:13 am

One of Trump’s closest confidants, his personal lawyer Michael Cohen, has now become a focus of the expanding congressional investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 campaign.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russia-i ... d=47646601
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

Re: Trump's attorney needs an attorney

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 am

Will someone, anyone, tell me what the crime is?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 30, 2017 11:22 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Will someone, anyone, tell me what the crime is?
That's why they're investigating.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:27 am

Conspiracy to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act seems like a good place to start. Hacking someone else's computers is a crime. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Looking for a crime, huh?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:32 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Conspiracy to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act seems like a good place to start. Hacking someone else's computers is a crime. --Bob

Who do you think hacked who's computers? I hadn't heard about this one.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Well, unless someone commits a crime right under a cop's nose, they have to investigate. That's what they do with the drug cartels and the mob and other higher-up criminals. Some mob investigations last nearly a decade before the arrests and convictions come. Operation C-Chase, portrayed in the movie The Infiltrator went on for five years.

Usually, they will continue to investigate until they either have to wrap things up because of the statute of limitations or they run out of targets. These things move up the ladder. They pin the goods on the little fish who roll over on the bigger fish.

And how long did the Benghazi investigation last (longer than Watergate)?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:12 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: That's why they're investigating.
Well, unless someone commits a crime right under a cop's nose, they have to investigate. That's what they do with the drug cartels and the mob and other higher-up criminals. Some mob investigations last nearly a decade before the arrests and convictions come. Operation C-Chase, portrayed in the movie The Infiltrator went on for five years.

Usually, they will continue to investigate until they either have to wrap things up because of the statute of limitations or they run out of targets. These things move up the ladder. They pin the goods on the little fish who roll over on the bigger fish.

And how long did the Benghazi investigation last (longer than Watergate)?
What is the exact crime that they think the Trump gang has committed?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

You hadn't heard that hackers acting at the behest of the Russian government hacked the DNC's computers? The RNC's, too, but they decided not to leak those. You really need to change your news sources. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Conspiracy to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act seems like a good place to start. Hacking someone else's computers is a crime. --Bob

You hadn't heard that hackers acting at the behest of the Russian government hacked the DNC's computers? The RNC's, too, but they decided not to leak those. You really need to change your news sources. --Bob
So Trump is behind this?

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

So Trump is behind this?
That's why they're investigating. Are you really that stupid?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

So Trump is behind this?
Well, for starters, he publicly urged the Russian government to do so.

But the whole point of an investigation is to learn the facts. So it's kind of silly to demand the facts before the investigation occurs. There's plenty of evidence out there justifying an investigation. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You hadn't heard that hackers acting at the behest of the Russian government hacked the DNC's computers? The RNC's, too, but they decided not to leak those. You really need to change your news sources. --Bob
So Trump is behind this?
Well, for starters, he publicly urged the Russian government to do so.

But the whole point of an investigation is to learn the facts. So it's kind of silly to demand the facts before the investigation occurs. There's plenty of evidence out there justifying an investigation. --Bob
So what we're investigating is whether Trump or his staff had any role in getting and publishing the wikileaks of Podesta's emails. Is that correct, Bobby?

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: So what we're investigating is whether Trump or his staff had any role in getting and publishing the wikileaks of Podesta's emails. Is that correct, Bobby?
Normally, the attorney general sets the scope of a special counsel's investigation. In this case, since Sessions recused himself from the matter. Rosenstein made the appointment.

Here is the text of the letter: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ubz=0&_r=0
The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by [Comey in his Congressional testimony] including:

(1) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

(2) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation, and

(3) any other matters within the scope of 28 CFR Section 600 (4)
The last citation refers to a federal regulation applicable to the Special Counsel law that says: "The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted."

Note that the authority in this letter is inclusive, rather than exclusive, so Mueller would seem to have pretty wide discretion as to how far to take the investigation.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: So what we're investigating is whether Trump or his staff had any role in getting and publishing the wikileaks of Podesta's emails. Is that correct, Bobby?
Normally, the attorney general sets the scope of a special counsel's investigation. In this case, since Sessions recused himself from the matter. Rosenstein made the appointment.

Here is the text of the letter: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ubz=0&_r=0
The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by [Comey in his Congressional testimony] including:

(1) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

(2) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation, and

(3) any other matters within the scope of 28 CFR Section 600 (4)
The last citation refers to a federal regulation applicable to the Special Counsel law that says: "The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted."

Note that the authority in this letter is inclusive, rather than exclusive, so Mueller would seem to have pretty wide discretion as to how far to take the investigation.
Well, good. Now let's see if we can all wait to see what becomes of this investigation instead of assuming guilt. Anyone can throw out accusations, and the media and anonymous sources are especially good at it.

eyégor
???????

#16 Post by eyégor » Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 am

Bob Juch wrote:
I think that is the definition of investigation.