Kathy Griffin

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Kathy Griffin

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:48 am

I guess this is her way of disrespecting the President.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/30/kathy-gri ... r-shields/

I suppose this is funny to some people.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

eyégor
???????

Re: Kathy Griffin

#2 Post by eyégor » Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 am

I never thought tastelessness was particularly funny.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:22 am

Personally I can't stand the man or his antics going back to...well, long before his campaign crap, and I pretty much have zero respect for him, but this is not funny and not appropriate. It is stupid and offensive. But stupid and offensive pretty much sums up Kathy Griffin anyway.

Ridiculous, and every bit as dangerous and inciteful as Trump's campaign rhetoric.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

eyégor
???????

#4 Post by eyégor » Wed May 31, 2017 11:26 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:Personally I can't stand the man or his antics going back to...well, long before his campaign crap, and I pretty much have zero respect for him, but this is not funny and not appropriate. It is stupid and offensive. But stupid and offensive pretty much sums up Kathy Griffin anyway.

Ridiculous, and every bit as dangerous and inciteful as Trump's campaign rhetoric.
Other than no bodies, I relate this to the idiot in Portland who killed 2 Good Samaritans and later said "You call it terrorism, I call it patriotism"

jaybee

#5 Post by jaybee » Wed May 31, 2017 11:28 am

I don't think that very many found it to be funny and certainly not in good taste - no matter how you lean politically. Sometimes satire hits and sometimes it misses that mark. This one is a miss.
Jaybee

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:42 am

jaybee wrote:Sometimes satire hits and sometimes it misses that mark. This one is a miss.
I'll say. This one aimed for Los Angeles and wound up in Liechtenstein.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 31, 2017 11:55 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I guess this is her way of disrespecting the President.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/30/kathy-gri ... r-shields/

I suppose this is funny to some people.
Kathy Griffin's only "talent" has been for self-promotion that somehow finds ways of keeping her on the air and presumably making money. I've never found her the slightest bit interesting, entertaining, or funny. And this isn't the first time she's gone over the line, merely the most egregious.

This isn't satire; the contrast between her and people like Stephen Colbert is like day and a blind man's night spent at the bottom of an underwater cave. But her statement, followed by a lame-ass apology got her what she wanted, front page headlines at a time most people had forgotten she even existed.

I won't try to justify this by mentioning what other people have said or done. There's no justification. Period. And any TV network or entertainment medium with any sense or taste would show her the door right away.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Wed May 31, 2017 11:55 am

I change the channel when I see Kathy Griffin. This just confirms my opinion of her.
eyégor wrote:Other than no bodies, I relate this to the idiot in Portland who killed 2 Good Samaritans and later said "You call it terrorism, I call it patriotism"
I'd rather be arguing about whether something's funny than whether something's a hate crime.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Wed May 31, 2017 12:05 pm

CNN fires Kathy Griffin over offensive Donald Trump photo
Kathy Griffin will no longer appear with Anderson Cooper on New Year's Eve.

A day after Griffin released a photograph holding a mock "decapitated" head of President Trump, CNN announced they have terminated their contract with the comedian.

"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program," CNN spokesman Shimrit Sheetrit confirmed to USA TODAY in a statement Wednesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 102349176/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

mellytu74

#10 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:37 pm

As someone who falls pretty much in the left of the spectrum, I find this stunt completely disgusting.

No matter what you think of the man -- and I don't think much -- it is not funny. Simply not funny.

Good for CNN for firing her.

I am with sss -- it's not satire. It's something, but satire ain't it.

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 31, 2017 2:56 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Wed May 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Guess what, Bob. That's not funny either.

Your cap says "Make America think again." You should try that, for a change.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

jaybee

#13 Post by jaybee » Wed May 31, 2017 6:20 pm

New rule: Write your post. Reread it. Think about it for at least 15 seconds. Then hit either "Submit" or "Cancel"

I wanna talk about the phone game again!
Jaybee

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:34 pm

Kathy Griffin. Her stunt wasn't comedy nor was it art. Perhaps she was bamboozled by Tyler Shields, the "artist photographer". It's much easier to "create" dark, disturbing, yuck-inducing art, than works that are visually beautiful or uplifting. It's obvious from videos that she was aware of the impact, as stupidly stupid as it was. What would have been interesting is if she hadn't apologized, after the fact apology an act of the weaseler that seems to run rampant for decades. She's pathetic. Bless her heart.

Juch, you've descended to the 19th circle of dicks.
Well, then

jarnon

#15 Post by jarnon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:06 pm

"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program."
Yet ABC's New Year's Eve program still has Jenny McCarthy, whose asinine anti-vaccine campaign is blamed for the death of real children. I change the channel when she's on too.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:21 pm

jarnon wrote:
"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program."
Yet ABC's New Year's Eve program still has Jenny McCarthy, whose asinine anti-vaccine campaign is blamed for the death of real children. I change the channel when she's on too.
Tru dat.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 31, 2017 9:10 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Guess what, Bob. That's not funny either.

It wasn't intended to be funny. That's from the cover of a German newsmagazine from Monday.

It's sad. :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:Guess what, Bob. That's not funny either.

It wasn't intended to be funny. That's from the cover of a German newsmagazine from Monday.

It's sad. :(
Context much?
Well, then

lilclyde54

#19 Post by lilclyde54 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Add me to the list of people who change channels whenever this woman shows up. I have never seen a smidgen of talent in her.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:15 pm

When I first saw this I had hoped there was some missing context that would make it less odious. Nope. This really was and is just as offensive and tasteless as it appeared at first glance. Add me to the ranks of people who found this grossly inappropriate.

I do think that there were prominent people who made equally offensive and tasteless remarks directed toward President Obama without triggering an outcry from those on the right. I hope that the next time it happens, they will be more outspoken. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote: I hope that the next time it happens, they will be more outspoken. --Bob
Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

tlynn78

#22 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: I hope that the next time it happens, they will be more outspoken. --Bob

Bless your hearts. I'm still waiting for someone to show me video of any 'main-stream,' regularly appearing entertainer alluding to any previous presidential daughter giving her father head.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

eyégor
???????

#23 Post by eyégor » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:09 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Bless your hearts. I'm still waiting for someone to show me video of any 'main-stream,' regularly appearing entertainer alluding to any previous presidential daughter giving her father head.

You realize that the above statement could take a whole different meaning in this particular conversation

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:09 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Admittedly, it's tough to find a lot of right wing entertainers saying ugly things about Democratic politicians because Scott Baio is about the biggest name the right has out there.

But, we can always count on Ted Nugent for thoughtful, tasteful analysis:
Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.
or during Obama's 2012 campaign:
If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.
to which Donald Trump replied in a tweet:
Ted Nugent was obviously using a figure of speech, unfortunate as it was. It just goes to show the anger people have towards Barack Obama.
or
If your child is dying and there’s only one way to get to the doctor, would you get on Harry Reid’s boat to get there? Then your child’s dead. I’d get on the boat, I’d get there and then I’d shoot him.
Sean Spicer was asked why no Republicans had ever condemned Nugent's remarks, and, quite naturally, Spicer couldn't answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... c37c31577e

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Admittedly, it's tough to find a lot of right wing entertainers saying ugly things about Democratic politicians because Scott Baio is about the biggest name the right has out there.

But, we can always count on Ted Nugent for thoughtful, tasteful analysis:
Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.
or during Obama's 2012 campaign:
If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.
to which Donald Trump replied in a tweet:
Ted Nugent was obviously using a figure of speech, unfortunate as it was. It just goes to show the anger people have towards Barack Obama.
or
If your child is dying and there’s only one way to get to the doctor, would you get on Harry Reid’s boat to get there? Then your child’s dead. I’d get on the boat, I’d get there and then I’d shoot him.
Sean Spicer was asked why no Republicans had ever condemned Nugent's remarks, and, quite naturally, Spicer couldn't answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... c37c31577e
Well, perhaps, like me, they never heard of these quotes from Ted Nugent. I guess Ted Nugent is like.... I can't remember his name because it's not an election year. The KKK jerk from Louisiana.... ah David Duke. He is only relevant to illustrate an irrelevant point.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton