RIP John Heard

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP John Heard

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:34 am

John Heard, the actor best known for his roles in "Home Alone" and the 1992 boxing film "Gladiator," has died, the Santa Clara Medical Examiner-Coroner confirmed to CBS News. He was 72.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-heard- ... d=40072369
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP John Heard

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Heard specialized in playing weaselly corrupt authority figures like crooked cops and politicians. One of his best roles was early in his career in the very underappreciated Cutter's Way opposite Jeff Bridges.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP John Heard

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 pm

I thought Heard was brilliant in a movie with Goldie Hawn called Deceived. I also thought he was great in a movie about the KKK -- I saw it a long time ago; it's called Cross of Fire. That movie made me a fan of David Morse too.

And of course there were the various guest starring roles on television shows. I'm sorry he's gone, I bet he had more good roles to play.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller