Last Night's Sixth District Debate in a Nutshell

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Last Night's Sixth District Debate in a Nutshell

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 am

Jon Ossoff: Jobs. Healthcare. Building strong alliances. Infrastructure. Voting rights.

Karen Handel: Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi. I do not support a livable wage. Nancy Pelosi.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

Re: Last Night's Sixth District Debate in a Nutshell

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Jon Ossoff: Jobs. Healthcare. Building strong alliances. Infrastructure. Voting rights.

Karen Handel: Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi. I do not support a livable wage. Nancy Pelosi.
HE IS THE SAVIOR!!!!!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Saint Ossoff
Merry Man

#3 Post by Saint Ossoff » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Jon Ossoff: Jobs. Healthcare. Building strong alliances. Infrastructure. Voting rights.

HE IS THE SAVIOR!!!!!

Keep the faith, Brother Flock! I shall keep lighting My grace your way in the hopes that you will recognize and beg forgiveness for your sins. Should you ever venture back to the Promised Land, be sure to look Me up. Brother SSS has the best fast food coupons...

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 am

Saint Ossoff wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

HE IS THE SAVIOR!!!!!

Keep the faith, Brother Flock! I shall keep lighting My grace your way in the hopes that you will recognize and beg forgiveness for your sins. Should you ever venture back to the Promised Land, be sure to look Me up. Brother SSS has the best fast food coupons...
I am so honored! Saint Jon, the area of Atlanta you are running in is filled with nasty hate filled people that will not vote for you. Most of them voted for, please forgive me, Newt Gingrich, the devil himself. What will happen to your faithful, like SSS and Bob, if, God forbid, you don't win this election?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 am

Clearly:

“My record is one of results — in the private sector and in public service. As chairman of the Fulton County Board of Commissioners I was able to balance a budget without tax increases and Jon, I did that without a Republican majority, working with Democrats. As CEO of the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce I helped create tens of thousands of jobs with the economic development program,” Handel said.

“My opponent here, he just talks about it. He talks about cutting spending, I’ve actually done it, reducing the budget in the secretary of state’s office by nearly 20 percent. What we need is someone who knows how to get the job done, someone with real experience. What we don’t need is a career staffer who was a junior staffer for [Democratic congressman] Hank Johnson.”
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:08 am

tlynn78 wrote:

Clearly:

“My record is one of results — in the private sector and in public service. As chairman of the Fulton County Board of Commissioners I was able to balance a budget without tax increases and Jon, I did that without a Republican majority, working with Democrats. As CEO of the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce I helped create tens of thousands of jobs with the economic development program,” Handel said.

“My opponent here, he just talks about it. He talks about cutting spending, I’ve actually done it, reducing the budget in the secretary of state’s office by nearly 20 percent. What we need is someone who knows how to get the job done, someone with real experience. What we don’t need is a career staffer who was a junior staffer for [Democratic congressman] Hank Johnson.”
Karen Handel "balanced" the budget by dipping into the county's reserve (savings) fund to the tune of $50 million. That's the equivalent of my making up the difference between income and expenses by dipping into my savings account. That's not balancing a budget.

In Washington, she wouldn't have to do that, she'd simply run up the debt the way all Republican presidents do when they talk about balancing it.

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/state ... get-claim/

As far as cutting the Secretary of State's budget, that occurred during the height of the financial crisis and was largely accomplished by the Governor's office, not Handel, and included some temporary measures like pay and staffing cuts. The original budget that Handel submitted was about $8 million more than the governor's office finally approved and got passed into law.

https://ballotpedia.org/Verbatim_fact_c ... percent%3F
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com