RIP Glenne Headly

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Glenne Headly

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am

Glenne Headly, the Emmy-nominated actress and originating member of the Steppenwolf Theatre company, passed away last night at age 63. Her reps have confirmed this, but I have no cause of death to report at the moment. She was in production on the Hulu series Future Man, and the show’s executives were notified last night of her passing. Cause of death is still being determined.
http://deadline.com/2017/06/glenne-head ... 202110180/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Glenne Headly

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:09 am

It's sad that her last released film (she has another one that's in post-production now) was the mediocre The Circle, in which she played the wife of Bill Paxton in his last film.

Two talented and often underappreciated actors.

I really enjoyed her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, holding her own against Michael Caine.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 am

I knew her best from Mr. Holland's Opus. Two of her scenes stick out...one where she expresses her fury about not being able to communicate with their son, the second on the other end of the spectrum, in which her husband ultimately resists the temptation of an infatuated student. She is fully aware of what's going on but holds back, letting him sink or swim.

That movie gets a lot of crap from critics, movie "experts" and others, usually citing its less than subtle manipulation of emotions. I don't care, I loved it. Its pro-"arts in the school" message made me a willing subject for "emotional manipulation". Extra points for using the 2nd movement of Beethoven's 7th (right at or near the top of my favorite classical pieces) in the scene where he, shortly after discovering his son is deaf, talks to his class about Beethoven losing his hearing....
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:34 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:I knew her best from Mr. Holland's Opus. Two of her scenes stick out...one where she expresses her fury about not being able to communicate with their son, the second on the other end of the spectrum, in which her husband ultimately resists the temptation of an infatuated student. She is fully aware of what's going on but holds back, letting him sink or swim.

That movie gets a lot of crap from critics, movie "experts" and others, usually citing its less than subtle manipulation of emotions. I don't care, I loved it. Its pro-"arts in the school" message made me a willing subject for "emotional manipulation". Extra points for using the 2nd movement of Beethoven's 7th (right at or near the top of my favorite classical pieces) in the scene where he, shortly after discovering his son is deaf, talks to his class about Beethoven losing his hearing....
I love Mr. Holland's Opus, too. And I'm not a music person. Just a older man, and a dad, who occasionally wonders "what if" about some of my life's choices.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson