WAIT A MINUTE.... re: Ten! and Intellectual property

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: WAIT A MINUTE.... re: Ten! and Intellectual property

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 pm

K.P. wrote:Why can't the moderators step in and stop the game? Lock the threads, and tell Bielefeldt that he'll be suspended if he continues to violate Vandal's wishes? Vandal is the originator of the game, it seems to me he has that right.
The culture on the Bored is very much laissez faire in that respect. Moderators pretty much restrict intervention to honest-to-goodness legal issues (and spam, when that used to get through to the Bored). Other than that (and I don't think any legal issues have arisen in the life of the Bored), the community here relies on peer pressure and persuasion. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

K.P.

#27 Post by K.P. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
K.P. wrote:Why can't the moderators step in and stop the game? Lock the threads, and tell Bielefeldt that he'll be suspended if he continues to violate Vandal's wishes? Vandal is the originator of the game, it seems to me he has that right.
Good old peer pressure is doing the job just fine.
Sure looks like it.
Pastor Fireball wrote:...not unlike the baseless self-serving persecution foisted upon the Bored by Beast, Estonut, jarnon, Bob#s, and Weasel during the past five days. Nonetheless, my life and this game go on as scheduled. Both my life and this game MUST go on, full speed, in direct defiance of the prejudice. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 pm

K.P. wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Good old peer pressure is doing the job just fine.
Sure looks like it.
Pastor Fireball wrote:...not unlike the baseless self-serving persecution foisted upon the Bored by Beast, Estonut, jarnon, Bob#s, and Weasel during the past five days. Nonetheless, my life and this game go on as scheduled. Both my life and this game MUST go on, full speed, in direct defiance of the prejudice. Otherwise, the terrorists win.
If Nelly wants to stick a fork in whatever last shreds of non-negative reputation he may have had with other people on the Bored, who am I to interfere and not allow him to accomplish it? Besides, if I was going buck over a decade and a half of Bored tradition and delete his pastor-like contributions from this meadow muffin message board, I would have certainly done that after he pulled this stunt seven years ago. This isn't the most egregiously despicable thing he's ever done on this forum... it's just the first time everyone else has taken notice and banded together to make perfectly clear that this kind of beyond the pale behavior will no longer be patronized in this here establishment...

If a game falls in the forest, and nobody bothers to pay any attention to it, does it really make a sound?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#29 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Spoiler
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:59 am

Since it has fallen off the front page, this needs a bump...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am

I haven't been keeping track, but does anyone know who's currently in the lead in the Pastor's game?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#32 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:49 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I haven't been keeping track, but does anyone know who's currently in the lead in the Pastor's game?
Depends on whether he includes players who have since disavowed the game. I'm in last place (intentionally) with a negative score.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Jeemie

#33 Post by Jeemie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 pm

It takes a special kind of twisted to continue on with a game he was so obviously in the wrong for appropriating, even though he knows no one will play it.
1979 City of Champions 2009

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#34 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Jeemie wrote:It takes a special kind of twisted to continue on with a game he was so obviously in the wrong for appropriating, even though he knows no one will play it.
That's why I asked previously if he is "okay."
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#35 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:It takes a special kind of twisted to continue on with a game he was so obviously in the wrong for appropriating, even though he knows no one will play it.

Check out his new signature and then judge for yourself....

lb13

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#36 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:22 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

lb13
Yes. Well.
Well, then

Jeemie

#37 Post by Jeemie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

lb13
The he's obviously feasting on the attention.

Oh well...
1979 City of Champions 2009

BackInTex

#38 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Jeemie wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

lb13
The he's obviously feasting on the attention.

Oh well...

One day, we'll be watching a Criminal Minds, or L&O SVU episode, and we'll go "Hmmm, that character seems familiar".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson