Trump lied

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump lied

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm

So what else is new?
Earlier today Trump took to the podium to address the nation and said “he’s now in stable condition at the hospital”, and that he would make a “full and speedy recovery,” but that’s not what the hospital just reported just a few hours after Trump’s statement.

Trump either made up the statement entirely or was misinformed by an aide or the press. Some reports in the media had him “at stable condition,” but they could have been relying on Trump’s statement for that reporting. We’re not sure.

Given Trump’s history of misleading and untrue statements, it’s possible Trump just plain lied.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Trump lied

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:What's wrong with you?
We don't have enough time. Better to ask "What's right with you?"
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:So what else is new?
Earlier today Trump took to the podium to address the nation and said “he’s now in stable condition at the hospital”, and that he would make a “full and speedy recovery,” but that’s not what the hospital just reported just a few hours after Trump’s statement.

Trump either made up the statement entirely or was misinformed by an aide or the press. Some reports in the media had him “at stable condition,” but they could have been relying on Trump’s statement for that reporting. We’re not sure.

Given Trump’s history of misleading and untrue statements, it’s possible Trump just plain lied.
This isn't the time, Bob. Most likely, Rep. Scalise's condition was downgraded after surgery. But even if you were spot on, this would be downright petty under the circumstances. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

This isn't the time, Bob. Most likely, Rep. Scalise's condition was downgraded after surgery. But even if you were spot on, this would be downright petty under the circumstances. --Bob
Updates weren't provided til several hours later. That's sorta the point.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Updates weren't provided til several hours later. That's sorta the point.
I was making a different point. With a man's life hanging in the balance, I don't have the patience for petty potshots about unimportant inaccuracies. Whether the statement was accurate at the time is, in this context, unimportant to me. Even if it was wrong and deliberately so, I don't care. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:05 pm

For someone who regularly posts obits of celebrities who died years earlier, quibbling over whether or not Trump accurately reported the latest update on the Congressman's medical condition is exceedingly tacky and petty.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:For someone who regularly posts obits of celebrities who died years earlier, quibbling over whether or not Trump accurately reported the latest update on the Congressman's medical condition is exceedingly tacky and petty.
Oh please, surely you're intelligent enough to know I made a mistake, and that's not something I "regularly" do.

Trump is using Scalise for his own purposes. Yesterday evening he went to the hospital briefly then tweeted, "Just left hospital. Rep. Steve Scalise, one of the truly great people, is in very tough shape - but he is a real fighter. Pray for Steve!" He never saw Steve or any of the other victims. It was just a photo op.

Trump lies. He even lies about the "Today" show ratings, saying how bad they are when they're at an all-time high.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:13 am

Bob Juch wrote: Oh please, surely you're intelligent enough to know I made a mistake, and that's not something I "regularly" do.
Best laugh of the week. And it's Friday, so that says something.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 am

Every time, when I think Bob Juch has sunk to his lowest point, he breaks out a shovel and starts to dig.

No shame whatsoever.
1979 City of Champions 2009

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:34 am

Bob Juch wrote:Trump is using Scalise for his own purposes. Yesterday evening he went to the hospital briefly then tweeted, "Just left hospital. Rep. Steve Scalise, one of the truly great people, is in very tough shape - but he is a real fighter. Pray for Steve!" He never saw Steve or any of the other victims. It was just a photo op.
The Washington Post (not Trump's favorite rag) wrote that the Trumps sat by Scalise's bed.

If Trump laid his hands on Scalise and cured him, Bob would complain that Trump provides health care to his friends while taking it away from 23 million Americans.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am

I deleted my post.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

jarnon wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Trump is using Scalise for his own purposes. Yesterday evening he went to the hospital briefly then tweeted, "Just left hospital. Rep. Steve Scalise, one of the truly great people, is in very tough shape - but he is a real fighter. Pray for Steve!" He never saw Steve or any of the other victims. It was just a photo op.
The Washington Post (not Trump's favorite rag) wrote that the Trumps sat by Scalise's bed.

If Trump laid his hands on Scalise and cured him, Bob would complain that Trump provides health care to his friends while taking it away from 26 million Americans.
The nurses and Mrs. Scalise say Trump did not go to Scalise's room. I very much doubt the Post reporter was allowed to either; his report was probably based on Trump's statement.

eyégor
???????

#14 Post by eyégor » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Not commenting on the accuracy of the where Trump was in the hospital when report, but the WP has been on the 'kick' to be first than right' track a lot lately. Maybe Prime doesn't work in all of Bezos's businesses.

Jeemie

#15 Post by Jeemie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Admit it Bob.

You were the one booing Trump at Nationals Park last night.
1979 City of Champions 2009