FOX news no longer "fair and balanced"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

FOX news no longer "fair and balanced"

#1 Post by earendel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:15 am

FOX news has decided to change its slogan from "fair and balanced" to "Most Watched. Most Trusted." Apparently this is being done because the old slogan was too closely associated with Roger Ailes.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

flockofseagulls104

Re: FOX news no longer "fair and balanced"

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am

wait for it.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:wait for it.....

I'll go first. :D

Actually, it is not unusual for a company/corporation to re-brand after some sort of major shake-up.

And since Ailes' death most definitely falls into that category, I think it's perfectly reasonably.

Although it is skooch too close to CNN's "The Most Trusted Name in News"

I would have just gone back to the little-used “Most Powerful Name In News.”

You can quibble over which network is most trusted but there is no doubting Fox News' power.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:11 pm

earendel wrote:FOX news has decided to change its slogan from "fair and balanced" to "Most Watched. Most Trusted." Apparently this is being done because the old slogan was too closely associated with Roger Ailes.
"Unfair and unbalanced" would have been more appropriate.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

franktangredi

#5 Post by franktangredi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Early in 2008, when Hillary Clinton looked like a shoo-in for the Democratic nomination, I got a phone call from Fox News asking me to participate in a survey. (How they got MY name I'll never figure out.) At the time, I really knew very little about Fox News and had no prejudice against them.

The gist of what they said was this: "We'd like to ask you a few questions about the political scene. But first, we'd like you to listen to the latest shocking news about Hillary Clinton."

I gave the survey taker an earful about their methods and hung up. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do. Maybe that intro was a deliberate ploy to weed out people and skew the results their way.

In any case, that told me all I needed to know about how "fair and balanced" Fox News was.

Would anybody like to defend that method of taking a survey? I'd be interested to hear how you do it.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 pm

franktangredi wrote:Early in 2008, when Hillary Clinton looked like a shoo-in for the Democratic nomination, I got a phone call from Fox News asking me to participate in a survey. (How they got MY name I'll never figure out.) At the time, I really knew very little about Fox News and had no prejudice against them.

The gist of what they said was this: "We'd like to ask you a few questions about the political scene. But first, we'd like you to listen to the latest shocking news about Hillary Clinton."

I gave the survey taker an earful about their methods and hung up. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do. Maybe that intro was a deliberate ploy to weed out people and skew the results their way.

In any case, that told me all I needed to know about how "fair and balanced" Fox News was.

Would anybody like to defend that method of taking a survey? I'd be interested to hear how you do it.
It's called a "push poll" and isn't really a poll. I get those via email from time to time.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

franktangredi

#7 Post by franktangredi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:It's called a "push poll" and isn't really a poll.
You mean one of these?

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Or this?

Who gets it?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

franktangredi

#9 Post by franktangredi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:Or this?

Who gets it?
Shame on you.