COVFEFE!, Week One, Friday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

COVFEFE!, Week One, Friday

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Yes, "covfefe" was totally random. Then again, so are these questions.

MIXED QUIZ

A few of the extras that couldn't fit into the sixteen regular categories. Deadline is Sunday at 5 PM Eastern.

1. What was Fidel Castro's occupation before he became dictator of Cuba?
A. Doctor
B. Architect
C. Lawyer
D. Computer programmer

2. What type of wood is the Irish club called a shillelagh traditionally made from?
A. Chestnut
B. Teaberry
C. Larch
D. Blackthorn

3. The actor who plays the character "Mayhem" in a long-running series of ads for Allstate Insurance was previously known for his role on what long-running cable series?
A. "The Wire"
B. "Six Feet Under"
C. "Oz"
D. "The Sopranos"

4. For which magazine is Keith Olbermann now a special correspondent?
A. Newsweek
B. Rolling Stone
C. People
D. GQ

5. In a standard deck of cards, which king holds an axe instead of a sword?
A. King of spades
B. King of diamonds
C. King of clubs
D. King of hearts

6. Whose nemesis was Oil Can Harry?
A. Snagglepuss
B. Underdog
C. Chilly Willy
D. Mighty Mouse

7. In 1999, Radcliffe University ceased to exist as its own university and was integrated into what larger university system?
A. Harvard
B. Dartmouth
C. Yale
D. Princeton

8. Only three members of ABBA were actually Swedish. Who was the only member born in Norway?
A. Anni-Frid
B. Benny
C. Bjorn
D. Agnetha

9. What unusual item did President Lyndon Johnson give visitors to the White House and his Texas ranch?
A. Sack of cow manure
B. Electric toothbrush
C. Case of Fresca
D. Yahtzee

BONUS. Which musician made history in March 2017 when he released two new albums on consecutive weeks... and debuted each album at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart on consecutive weeks?
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Jeemie

Re: COVFEFE!, Week One, Friday

#2 Post by Jeemie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Covfefe by any other name is still intellectual theft, and still stinks.
1979 City of Champions 2009

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 am

Jeemie wrote:Covfefe by any other name is still intellectual theft, and still stinks.

I had no idea what it was a reference to since I'm one of those blissfully ignernt types, so I Googled it and this headline came up at the top of the search results...

"More Than Thirty Idiots Have Attempted To Trademake 'Covfefe'"

Made me laugh since I'll bet I know who one of them was.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:Covfefe by any other name is still intellectual theft, and still stinks.

I had no idea what it was a reference to since I'm one of those blissfully ignernt types, so I Googled it and this headline came up at the top of the search results...

"More Than Thirty Idiots Have Attempted To Trademake 'Covfefe'"

Made me laugh since I'll bet I know who one of them was.....

lb13
Unlike Vandal, Trump WOULD sue Pastor Fireball...
1979 City of Champions 2009

Pastor Fireball

Re: COVFEFE!, Week One, Friday -- ANSWERS!

#5 Post by Pastor Fireball » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:12 pm

1. What was Fidel Castro's occupation before he became dictator of Cuba?
A. Doctor
B. Architect
C. Lawyer
D. Computer programmer

2. What type of wood is the Irish club called a shillelagh traditionally made from?
A. Chestnut
B. Teaberry
C. Larch
D. Blackthorn

3. The actor who plays the character "Mayhem" in a long-running series of ads for Allstate Insurance was previously known for his role on what long-running cable series?
A. "The Wire"
B. "Six Feet Under"
C. "Oz"
D. "The Sopranos"

In case you didn't know, his name is Dean Winters.

4. For which magazine is Keith Olbermann now a special correspondent?
A. Newsweek
B. Rolling Stone
C. People
D. GQ

5. In a standard deck of cards, which king holds an axe instead of a sword?
A. King of spades
B. King of diamonds
C. King of clubs
D. King of hearts

6. Whose nemesis was Oil Can Harry?
A. Snagglepuss
B. Underdog
C. Chilly Willy
D. Mighty Mouse

7. In 1999, Radcliffe University ceased to exist as its own university and was integrated into what larger university system?
A. Harvard
B. Dartmouth
C. Yale
D. Princeton

The campus is now called "Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard".

8. Only three members of ABBA were actually Swedish. Who was the only member born in Norway?
A. Anni-Frid
B. Benny
C. Bjorn
D. Agnetha

She later married a Swiss-German prince and has been known as Her Serene Highness Anni-Frid, Princess Ruess of Plauen since 1992.

9. What unusual item did President Lyndon Johnson give visitors to the White House and his Texas ranch?
A. Sack of cow manure
B. Electric toothbrush
C. Case of Fresca
D. Yahtzee

Apparently, LBJ was so fascinated by the gadget when it first hit the market in 1961 that he bought hundreds of them to give away as gifts. Presidential biographer/historian Doris Kearns Goodwin got five electric toothbrushes from her time covering our 36th president.

BONUS. Which musician made history in March 2017 when he released two new albums on consecutive weeks... and debuted each album at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart on consecutive weeks?

Future

Some of you may know him as R&B singer Ciara's baby-daddy, before Ciara left him for Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson. Future's self-titled fifth studio album was released on February 17... and then he released another album, "HNDRXX", the following Tuesday. It's certainly not unusual for musicians to release multiple albums in one year, but Future went ahead and did it on consecutive weeks. The fact that both albums debuted at #1 on consecutive weeks is what made it significant.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)